Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New booster pack coming for Anarchy Online!

New booster pack coming for Anarchy Online!

Funcom is proud to unveil ‘Legacy of the Xan’ – the new booster pack for the massively multiplayer online game ‘Anarchy Online’. The new booster pack features end-game content tailored specifically for seasoned ‘Anarchy Online’ veterans, opening up new areas of the world, introducing new items and bringing hundreds of new missions to challenge players. This content upgrade is the latest in a series of expansions and booster packs that have been released for the classic seven year old science fiction MMO.

“The ‘Legacy of the Xan’ booster pack introduces new content for those who have reached the ‘Anarchy Online’ end-game, by introducing areas, items, enemies and missions relating to the mysterious civilization of the Xan and their history on planet Rubi-ka,” says game director Colin Cragg. “We are thrilled by the fact that ‘Anarchy Online’ continues to capture the imagination of gamers even after seven years of operation, and we greatly look forward to be bringing players even more challenges, content and improvements to the game in the time ahead!”

The booster pack will be available on February 19th, but pre-order has already started. The booster is available for 19.99 US dollars or for a combined purchase using paid points and currency. Included in the purchase is an in-game virtual item known as The Phasefont Hoverchair – a unique, time-limited launch offering that allows you to cruise around on Rubi-ka in style! For those new to Anarchy Online it is also possible to purchase a complete package for 29.99 US dollars that contains the core game as well as all expansions and boosters previously released. Legacy of the Xan pre-order and the Phasefont Hoverchair is included in this complete package.

For more information on the booster and how to get it, visit http://www.anarchy-online.com/Xan/.

Launching back in 2001, ‘Anarchy Online’ has enjoyed over seven years of operation and two million explorers have set foot on Rubi-ka in that time. Over six million avatars have been created, and over 200 million hours of entertainment has been served, or more than eight million days of playtime. ‘Anarchy Online’ features a unique science fiction setting on the planet Rubi-ka almost thirty thousand years into the future, where players must complete dangerous missions and explore a strange, mysterious world as they master an arsenal of futuristic weaponry. Players can partake in the dramatic story-line that unfolds as they reach deeper into the mysteries of Rubi-Ka. Anarchy Online is also available in a fully free to play version.

Has it been a while since you asked a friend to explore a new and challenging sci-fi world?

First.. w00t some local advertising.. and done... x2

$29.99 for boster and expansions.. that is a deal for new peeps joining
    Last edited by Ittledoc; Feb 13th, 2009 at 16:29:23.
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

If i preorder on a frozen account will i receive 30 days free play time, or do i have to reactivate first, and then preorder to be able to play?
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Nais
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If i preorder on a frozen account will i receive 30 days free play time, or do i have to reactivate first, and then preorder to be able to play?
    No. You only get 30 days free play time on a new account.

*excited*

Ordered on both Accts earlier this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    The booster is available for 19.99 US dollars or for a combined purchase using paid points and currency.
    It's not paid points, they are service points, you use service points to create paid points on your account, I have 3000 paid points but only 700 service points remaining, I think it needs explaining better to avoid confussion.

Talita.

The Xan look oddly like blowfish
    What i won't do for a floating La-Z boy.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

So... How's "The Secret World" going?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Seriously, why do i have to pay 9.95 EURO when the us ppl get away with 9.95 DOLLARS, kinda pisses me off to pay more for the same content.

Ofc, it's the same with the subscription fee...
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

For those new to Anarchy Online it is also possible to purchase a complete package for 29.99 US dollars that contains the core game as well as all expansions and boosters previously released. Legacy of the Xan pre-order and the Phasefont Hoverchair is included in this complete package.

kicks self for upgrading to ai/le less then a month ago...

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Seriously, why do i have to pay 9.95 EURO when the us ppl get away with 9.95 DOLLARS, kinda pisses me off to pay more for the same content.

Ofc, it's the same with the subscription fee...
    >.< why bring this up here... it was already brought up in Last weeks Means post.. stop ruining the good vibe and troll somewhere else
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Two quick questions about the booster.

1.) will there be any point for me ordering it, given that I have no 205+ toons?

2.) Any mech content in the booster?

I see lots of potential for 12 man raids with mechs. Perhaps have it setup so there is about 4 mechs, and 8 infantry for an encounter?
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    I see lots of potential for 12 man raids with mechs. Perhaps have it setup so there is about 4 mechs, and 8 infantry for an encounter?
    Unfortunatly mechs are only used in pvp as they have very little effect against npc / monsters ect.

Tali.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    *excited*
    Dont be too much. Remember all them bugs&stuff will be all your fault...

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    >.< why bring this up here... it was already brought up in Last weeks Means post.. stop ruining the good vibe and troll somewhere else
    So that FC could see the acceptable solution of charging us customers 20€ too. We are just doing it for good of everyone.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

The booster pack will be available on February 19th, but pre-order has already started. The booster is available for 19.99 US dollars or for a combined purchase using paid points and currency. Included in the purchase is an in-game virtual item known as The Phasefont Hoverchair – a unique, time-limited launch offering that allows you to cruise around on Rubi-ka in style! For those new to Anarchy Online it is also possible to purchase a complete package for 29.99 US dollars that contains the core game as well as all expansions and boosters previously released. Legacy of the Xan pre-order and the Phasefont Hoverchair is included in this complete package.
    Have a question. I currently only have Shadowlands expansion. (5 bucks a month deal) so I'm wondering how much it will cost me to upgrade. If I pre-order the Xan Booster upgrade (19.99) will that enable all expansions? Or will I have to upgrade to full expansions THEN pre-order?
    On my account page I only see the upgrade pre-order Xan option and Full Expansion Option plus LE upgrade along with AI upgrade. Bit confusing to say the least lol. I'm interested in full expansions so if Xan pre-order upgrade enables that and so on then that would be perfect and save me some money.

Killthrill

Quote Originally Posted by Talita View Post
    Unfortunatly mechs are only used in pvp as they have very little effect against npc / monsters ect.

Tali.

THat is true for most mobs, however, there are a FEW TL7 bosses that you fight in a mech. So it definately is possible for a mech/infantry combo raid.

I'm asking if they did it.
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

I have a quick question, stupid

I pre-ordered so I will get the hoverchair, but will I only be able to get a chair on all my current toons? Or will it include "future characters" that will be created in the future. Like say in 4 months I want a metaphys, can I get the chair on the metaphys in 4 months? Or should I make that metaphys now guessing that I will want one later.

Thanks!
    Illuzz - 220 Keeper
    Soldist- 217 Soldier
    Piercist- TL5 Shade
    Squad Commander of Newcommers Alliance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast