Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11.0 Day!

11.0 Day!

I'd like to have a day or better a weekend or week with special servers set up running 11.0. The game has come a long way in the last year. So much has changed many of us don't even remember some of the things that used to be in the game. Like the fact that just about everything you looted looked either like a NoName or a general nanocrystal.

Anyway, I think it would be pretty fun to have an 11.0 weekend for people to see just what the game was like a year ago. And, of course, everyone would probably try to connect so there would definitely be all the networking and lag issues for those who never got to experience it
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I'll bump this, and add a vote for a '12.6 Day' too
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

/me gets handled by login server

i recall those days.

they should make it so the server gets updated every half hour so people can see in quick fashion what it has been like.

/me casts superior bumpage on this thread

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Originally posted by Jynne
    Rofl.. 12.6 day would be very... interesting.

Interesting indeed
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

/me jumps on his level 12 soldier and goes out newland west gate to find a team to hunt at the oasis.

*lvl 12 soldier LFG by the north tree*

BUMP, I wanna see this.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Bump.
    Ah, the memories!
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Please ANYTHING but 12.6!!!
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

/ME WANTS UVC!!!!
    Level 200 Eng

My name was nerfed if you wish to contact me ingame please use superslang

These are great days we're living, bros! We are jolly green giants, walking the earth with guns. These people we wasted here today are the finest human beings we will ever know. After we rotate back to the world, we're gonna miss not having anyone around that's worth shooting.

Originally posted by Jynne
    for that, we'd need to have 30,000 more subscribers to simulate the amount of cancellation notices received after that patch...Please...

TAKE IT EASY
    TAKE IT EASY
    TAKE IT EASY
    TAKE IT EASY
    TAKE IT EASY
    TAKE IT EASY
    TAKE IT EASY
    TAKE IT EASY

*wonders where have all the cowboys gone.....and the shades....and the scorpions......and the nanoshifters at the temple.....*

*watches a tumbleweed blow past in the tir north outpost*
    *watches a tumbleweed blow past in the city of tir*
    *watches a tumbleweed blow past in newland city*
    *watches a tumbleweed blow past in old Athen*

Seriously though, the game has come a long way since those days and it might actually be fun to stick that up on the test server for a weekend just to show the complainers that Funcom has learned from many of its mistakes and while still subject to criticism, deserves a bit of praise for hanging in there for us after all the crap we've given them

HUGGLEZ FOR J00 ALL!!!!!!

But yeah, 12.6 was pretty bad. I had quit shortly after that for the simple fact that for a short while, rubi ka was a friggin ghost town :P

I'm glad I came back though
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Sep 29th, 2002 at 20:36:32.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

As interresting as this sounds, I don't think I would like a 11.0 day very much.

I don't want to go back to beeing disconnected every 15 minutes
    ok, sometimes we could go a whole 25 minutes without disconnections, but that's beside the point!

What on earth is Take it Easy?!

SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME!! :P

Nono, I'm serious...I don't know...I'm a noob..
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Sweetie, you gotta slow down on those posts. You're doing like 100 per hour. It's not token farming :P

But actually, there used to be this 'feature' where if you pressed 'Q' too many times, it would display the message "take it easy" (aka quit mashing the farkin button ya wanker), only it was bugged so that the first tme you pressed 'Q' it would display "take it easy" instead of initiating combat. So basically, we would all run around getting our duffs kicked by some MOB and not being able to fight back. Oh, what great fun it was.....

"take it easy"

"G*DD***IT, im taking damage! Attack!"

"Take it easy"

"OMFG IM AT 10% HEALTH!!!"

"I said, take it easy"

"no, why don't YOU take it easy???"

"I am easy. And you're at reclaim"
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Bwahahahah. I want my 1000 post count board.

And roflmao. Sounds good. I want my TAKE IT EASY

As for 11.0, bring it on! LOLROFLTMAUHASYHLOLOLAEROFL DISCONNECT EVERY 5 MINUTES!132
    ~~~~~

haha 11.0, those were the days.

I found a QL1 implant on a leet in a backyard in west athens, and burned all my money (just amassed 300 creds from killing 300 leets) on implanting the +fling/mech engie/sharp object thingie. I was the Man!

/s Hey, I have an implant. Implanted! Hah take that!

First time I went to Old Athens, gawd I nearly crapped my pants. And some people were like lvl 30! Holy camoly!

/me is all sobbing, sweet memories... still have that implant.

Yeah, I'd like a 11.0 day. And everybody better behave as the noobs we were...
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

To be honest 12.6 is too fresh in my memory for me to enjoy a 12.6 day too much

Anyway, if they set up special servers (I like the idea of using the Test Servers temporarily) you wouldn't be forced to play if you didn't want to. Something tells me the servers would get swamped for a day or two anyway.

Anyone remember how the targets for the "find person" missions used to be outdoors? I remember running all over Old Athen looking for Sonny Brimble. There were three of us working on it but no luck and after 2 hours, we gave up on the 500 credit reward
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Originally posted by Luxxan
    Anyone remember how the targets for the "find person" missions used to be outdoors? I remember running all over Old Athen looking for Sonny Brimble. There were three of us working on it but no luck and after 2 hours, we gave up on the 500 credit reward
    Wow... I'd totally forgotten about that!
    I remember walking around outside Borealis for a long time, looking for some guy who supposedly had some sort of 'hive' going. It was my first ever mission -outside of the backyard anyway- and I really felt like I was doing some good work for the clans!

Back then, I thought the entire gameworld consisted of areas like the one outside of Borealis around all major cities. Imagine my astonishment when I found Holes in the Wall and realised that in fact *all* of the map was accessible (well, more like half of it, but I didn't know that back then...)
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast