Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camelot and Beacon Warping.

Thumbs down Camelot and Beacon Warping.

Wow. How utterly stupid is this.

Last night, Omni decided to get back into camelot in a big way. I don't know if the clan was ready for it -- we had a lot of numbers and we swarmed the box room pretty good the first time. We were holding it pretty well when I noticed that the same MA was coming back VERY fast.... I also noticed that when omnis died, they were having the peculiar problem that they couldn't zone in.

Well it turns out (imagine that) that once the tide turned, clan started warping people in.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a very good game mechanic tactic -- to stuff the dungeon with people so that noone else can get in. To warp in lots of cannonfodder so that it just creates an insane amount of lag -- it works, and they PROVED that to us.

So I log in tonight and get into GS2, as I logged there last night. And I see 2 clan engies going full tilt warping people in. Omni has the box room (but for how much longer) ... people appear with half HP, clearly in rez shock. They buff up briefly and run down.

I don't know.... personally I see this as really really bad. Like an evil connotation -- these engies were unfazingly warping people in one after another without any type of regard to the sheer STUPIDITY of what they were doing. I looked at those two engies (hopefully I can get my screenie up) and I sincerely felt ill at their total disregard for anything we might call "fun". If clan thinks it's fun to stuff the dungeon with untitiled green/grey people for cannon fodder so that they can get their pitiful loot, well.... then I guess my argument breaks down. I sure hope it's not that, though.

So well, after 2 nights Omni decides that the old adage "if you can't beat em, join em" is true and decides to set up warp stations. Of course we're not ready to do this, have no experience, and while we are trying to get engineers into the dungeon, the dragon dies.

What does this come down to:

This isn't about loot. It NEVER has been about loot.

This also isn't an attack on the Clanners. It could VERY easily have been Omni to do this first. It just so happens that Clan was the first one to do it. Just an example of the situation.

It's about PvP -- where else can you get that many people pvping at the same time? Not 2ho, that's for sure. It's a tangible goal that people can fight towards. I'd go as far to say that warping in is exploiting game mechanics to create behavior that was not intended. How does that make the fights more enjoyable? It doesn't.

Stop it, both sides. Clan and Omni both -- the only way to ensure GOOD PvP fights, and keep this aspect of the high level game enjoyable. Sooner or later, if it continues, both sides will be doing this. What's it going to be like for 200 people to be in a zone designed for 50-60? Not "fun". And isn't that what this "game" is all about?

This is an appeal to the levelheadedness of both sides; hopefully it works.
    Last edited by Arinia; Sep 27th, 2002 at 03:45:42.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

/agree
    Novice "Kcko" Gimp Soldier 214.EQP

Kckheal Doc 150.

Kckoarea NT 162.

Proud member of Legion.

Thumbs up

Agree with ya fully ari........

First i dont mind dying, dont have a title anymore i died so much lately. And I dont really care about me getting T loot. What I do care about is that this warping totally ruins the zone, I am sure there is a reason at funcom that gs1 and gs2 are there......warping ppl in just lags it to nothing, hell i literally couldnt do anything, just was getting killed. And again i dont mind dying or whatever but I do where its due to something like this

FYI

First off, this is how I have seen tara, and I am not representing the clans in any way, only what I have seen for myself. The clan does not warp in to lag omni. Nor are those grays and greens you speak of "cannonfodder". Every clanner there is part of the raid, and all have chance at loot, not cannonfodder as I have heard omni put it. They pvp and help defend just like the high lvl clanners. I have been at tara since lvl 127, and have never been there as cannonfodder. Yes I do agree about the lag. But guess what, clans compain about the lag just as much on our end. Do you really think the lag is somehow an advantage for us? Its not. Its a side affect of what we need to do to win tara. You have tons of omni in box. Guess what, only way to beat that is with numbers. The fact that the servers can't handle the numbers is an issue. We are affected by the lag just as much as omni. Sucks when I hit attack and two minutes later I either start attacking or am dead before that happens. Its easy to assume that clan is bringing grays and greens for cannonfodder or that we are trying to lag omni out, but that is simply not the case.

its pathetic and should be considered an attempt to crash a zone - it needs to be fixed, and soon.
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

We massively petionned about it and the GM's said that warping into a full GS is considered exploiting, which in a way makes sense; a side "controls" a GS by fair play then when 1 engineer of the other side gets in the balance is rudely shifted.

The engie uses a way to win which is not intended (theres a max for a reason).

Above is the same description the ark-site clearyfies as "exploiting"

I just hope those GM's will do something with the provided namelist of warping engineers.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Well if it is an exploit, then both sides are guilty. If you want to provide names of clan engie's, might as well add the omni ones to that list. This isn't the first time warping has happened, and you all know boths sides have done it.

the only time ive been there that i saw/heard of omni warping was tonight - from way back to when 'javaschick' had people 'agreed' to no warping

everytime i was there, we saw you warping, took screenshots - we had people begging for a warp on the chat, and were always told no
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Omni didnt warp for a looong time, we stopped after the agreement with javachik representing clan raids but obviously you don't take that serious anymore.

Thus we all petionned today and you see the result here.

Write names, *shrug* I just dont want warping, any side.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

This is pointless. Yes there was an agreement, and both sides think the other broke that agreement. We say omni did, omni say we did. I am not going to convince you other wise, nor you me. The fact remains that both sides have warped. Both are guilty. End of story

Originally posted by frostx
    This is pointless. Yes there was an agreement, and both sides think the other broke that agreement. We say omni did, omni say we did. I am not going to convince you other wise, nor you me. The fact remains that both sides have warped. Both are guilty. End of story
    Amen.

exploit? dishonorable?

whatever...

I'm sick of loosing and if FC isnt going to do anything about this warping Omni is going to start fighting fire with fire.

Beginning tomorrow, barring a warning from a GM in this thread or otherwise, Omni will begin chain warping with multiple engineers.

Fact is, this has been talked about before, over and over and over. GM's come and they say "we are looking into the situation." They said that about the recharge cancel exploit and look where we are today.

So, if you GM's dont want us doing this, please give us written notice here or otherwise so that we ALL FINALLY know if it is ok or not because as much as I HATE the warping thing, it seems that its the only way to win camelot if the GM's refuse to do anything about it.

Regards.
    Last edited by Argulace; Sep 27th, 2002 at 05:27:24.
    Argulace
    President
    Total Aggression Gaming
    Mercenaries of Kai (TAG)
    Chapter I. LAYING PLANS "All warfare is based on deception."

lol.

Argulace the tyrant. Everyone fear now guys we got argulace threatening.

Lemme just say:

"PPPFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

Thanks .

-Duck

PS. Long lie pie 8)~

DUH

aaawwwwwwwww

Quick call Whine 1-1 we need a whaaaaaaaaaambulance

most of you are hypocrites, I have warped "MOST" of you in cam during a raid. And how is filling the dungeon up with clan/omni an exploit? i think its good tactics. Fill er up and dont let anyone in. And how can FC call that an exploit? They are the ones that wrote the code to LET so many ppl inside!!!

Its their fek up, their mistake, and OUR problem? naaaaah i think not. If you wanna get into cam to fight T, then show up 3 hours before he pops......nuff said....

Stop the freaking crying. Oh wait.....you are all the ppl that NEED the painted hood.....and NEED dragon armor....and NEED globes. Let me ask you this: Did you still play the game without that stuff? Did you still equip your armor? Can you still get your gun on? Sure its nice to get a lil extra when your lvl 150-190, but why not wait an extra few weeks/months/years till you hit 200. Hell most of the ppl that goto cam now to get a piece of flesh is cuz they wanna sell it on ebay, or auction it off for 200 mil.

GREEDY CHICKY MONKEYS!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Satansfx; Sep 27th, 2002 at 06:06:18.
    We have enough youth...so how about a fountain of smart?
    =-Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun-= Ash

Oosatansfxoo Funcom's FIRST namenerf.

Mothers agree, Totalkaos is recomended 2 to 1 and is 25% better than someone else.

Armor Config

Satan..

I'm only speaking personally, but it's not about the loot.

I treat camelot like a team sport.

However, these days it's more like

1- A football game where the other team locks the gates so that the other team can't enter the pitch. then proceeds to kick goals for an hr.

OR

2- You are playing the game and then the other team sends in the entire bench....then their equiptment managers.....then a row of fans....and on and on .

The loot mean nothing if you didn't earn it via competition. Why do you think people make fun of the folks who buy it?
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

**cough**

an·ar·chy Pronunciation Key (nr-k)
    n. pl. an·ar·chies
    Absence of any form of political authority.
    Political disorder and confusion.
    Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [New Latin anarchia, from Greek anarkhi, from anarkhos, without a ruler : an-, without; see a-1 + arkhos, ruler; see -arch.]

/me smiles
    We have enough youth...so how about a fountain of smart?
    =-Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun-= Ash

Oosatansfxoo Funcom's FIRST namenerf.

Mothers agree, Totalkaos is recomended 2 to 1 and is 25% better than someone else.

Armor Config

hehe

it may be Anarchy, but it doesn't mean we have to be jerks
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

well its not really anarchy either is it?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Anarchy

i think the first definition is the one that applies
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Server First!

the good old, it's anarchy, everything is allowed arguement........haha, well in that case would you like to tell us why people get banned?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast