Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disable Beacon Warp and Team Beacon Warp in Camelot !

There seems to be a common thread in most of these posts about a wish for these Camelot battles to be fair.... Camelot is a place to wage war against the opposing side and war simply isn't about being fair, it is about winning. It is about using any and all abilities to win.

As long as both Omni Tek and Clan engineers have the ability to warp people into an already "full" playfield what is the problem? Each side can warp in as many people as they wish.

If Omni Tek doesn't have the # of needed people to match the Clan forces then Omni Tek should increase it's forces and simply doesn't deserve to win.

Seems rather simple...
    I am a Scorched Earth Tank.

When I have a mission, it consumes me; I will not be satisfied until the job is done. I have a strong sense of duty, and a strong sense of direction. Changes in the tide don't phase me - I always know which way the wind blows, and I know how to compensate for it. I get on poorly with people like myself.

Nostra, you said it well.

I fail to see the issue here. It's not like Omni doesn't warp people into a full playfield either. In fact, a couple times after both sides agreed not to warp players, Clan only started again after seeing Omni do it first.

Omni are not perfect little angels.

Last time I checked, Omni had Engineers over level 70 to warp people into the playfield just like Clan. Beacon Warp is a tool for Engineers. If you disable that inside Camelot castle, why should you not also disable NT nukes or reflect shields for other professions? Take away a useful nano for an already gimped class just because Omni has trouble getting enough people to overtake the castle? Get real.

Don't complain, get even.

But is idling in a playfield with a dead dragon, making it difficult to open the next Castle PF, also an exploit? Oh wait, Omni does that often, so it can't be an exploit. You're all so nice and innocent.

Run to GMs because you can't keep up with Clan's tactics? If I do recall correctly, Omni started the Engi warping trend in Camelot when you folks took strong control of the Castle for a while. I applaud you for using such tactics. Don't cry when somebody else does it better than you.

Always the victim. Never the culprit. Always hypocritical.

--Tsk

I agree with Sjoko and Sheffy

And wth are you smoking letah? Using Beacon warp (practically the only handy nano engies have) as the devs intended it to be used is now an exploit becuase it makes you lag?

Since when is your ghetto net connection my problem? Or any engie's problem for that matter?? Im sorry but that is an extremely idiotic comment to make.

Engies arent warping ppl in to make you crash- they ar warping ppl in to kill your chumpy self.

Duh.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

totally disagree.. its teamwork that enables a engie to warp me back to the main 75% room in Camelot.. it takes a minute to cast warp so we all gotta be workin together..

you make it 25% and engie will not warp anything they wont have time. This thread is about lag. plain and simple.

but, remember this, the main 75% room in Camelot is where alot of old pals meet up and chit chat, its a very social area.

You make it 25% and you kill that good thing.

So, i say keep it 75%.. just make it so the castle doesnt allow warping, say it has sopmething to do with the old magic of Avalon..

heck, its' Camelot, and you can do that

Leave us Engineers alone, we have it bad as it is without y'all calling for a nerf of one of the only decent nanos we have.

No I dont _do_ camelot but it seems to me that alot of you arent happy unless you are winning at PvP and once you lose you call for a nerf (this allplies to players of either faction). If your connection cant handle it, thats your problem, if the servers cant handle it whine about it until it gets fixed, dont ask for a nerf just because its the easiest/quickest thing to do to solve your perceived problem.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Emiko
    This thread is about lag. plain and simple.
    I'd say this thread *was* about lag until someone decided to bash Clan. And I can't stand hypocrites

Less lag would be nice, but in the end, it's all about which side gets to kill the dragon. Removing one profession's means of usefulness from the entire situation isn't the right way to go around it -- though I can't think of an alternative.

--Tsk

Originally posted by Hangtown
    I agree with Sjoko and Sheffy

And wth are you smoking letah? Using Beacon warp (practically the only handy nano engies have) as the devs intended it to be used is now an exploit becuase it makes you lag?

Since when is your ghetto net connection my problem? Or any engie's problem for that matter?? Im sorry but that is an extremely idiotic comment to make.

Engies arent warping ppl in to make you crash- they ar warping ppl in to kill your chumpy self.

Duh.
    No, theres a differnce between taking candy and eating out the whole box no?

Theres a differnce between warping our teammates who died and *litterairy* warping 90 people of you side while the GAME disallows 89 of those people to normally zone in becuase its FULL.

I want the latter to be stopped, capiche? If you cannot understand that the latter is over-use then god help us all.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

It kind of also helps the clan "cause" at camelot that Funcom likes to ban officers in the top omni guilds for flippant reasons, thus enraging the membership (and many non-members) enough so that they disband completely, quit and move to an elf-hugging game like ac2.
    Last edited by Psiraven; Sep 30th, 2002 at 10:50:40.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Stop the nerf-crying!

For heaven's sake, play an Engineer up to level 130ish, and you'll see that Beacon Warp is one of the few nanos we have that is actually useful from time to time.

And now you want to take that nano away, or batter it beyond recognition, just so you have a better chance at getting phat loot?

There's one word for this.

Greed.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Sjoko

This is THE dumbest idea and complaint I've ever heard. And getting this to be an exploit is beyond me.

You are so going about this problem in the wrong way. Getting FunCom to actually DO something with camelot is the way to go, not making "a nano which engies are meant to use" being an exploit.

Ping when there is a lot of people has been FCs biggest problem since day 1. Suggesting that you disable or making team warping a bannable offense is silly!

A lot of people = lot of lag. Should I petiton because STUPID people sit in the grid exit area in Tir or the dumb people who stock pile themselves in Trade? I don't!

Yeah it's somewhat different, you don't die in Tir or Trade loosing your precious title. However you can go LD, which is even more boring than dieing while fighting.

Get FC to disable the second dungeon while there are people in the first and if people log out there, they log in outside and not inside the 'dungeon.

And a little tip for FC regarding load. I read someplace that the most demanding thing they had on bandwith (and memory usage) was loading all the textures on the characters (I mean you get information about which character who's there and what clothes they have and which models they use etc..) and for us who have low bandwith PLEASE make an option to view a standard model for each of the races male and female, that kinda limits the texturing to 7 models, for me even if it looks awful that would help a lot (I think). I don't care how people looks when I pvp. That option would prolly help those who don't have that much memory I think.

perhaps you ought to learn why, before making groundless accusations. Each groupselector is built to allow a set number of people in. As soon as the max amount of people enter, a new GS is created, With all their stupid engie warps, the clanners have drastically expanded this number, and the servers cant keep up. Not only this, but with all the lowbies, Omni cannot get into the dungeons to actually fight once they die once if they arent on an engie team. So basically what these engies are doing is crowding the servers in a way never intended by the devs(ie a exploit). I think beacon warp should be restricted to outdoors only. And engineers should get some SERIOUS love whenever this happens. As it stands this is the ONLY useful thing for engineers to be. Stupid warp drones.
    President of Midnight Reveries

I think it's good that Camelot entrance is 100%, it's safe for everyone to just run in and organize it from up there, omnis probably gain most of it, wouldn't be that fun to stand outside buffing up with guards attacking you.

And everyone would be camping the zone so impossible to get in, and so many people would stand outside so you would crash if you zoned out.

So keep 100%.

Funcom need to do something to stop the idiots that ruin the game and cause lag by warping everyone or getting warped themselves, banning people for it it's just stupid they do only use the ability the prof have, they don't exploit, even if it ruin alot.

The best they can do is to make it same as zoning, if you get warped and the dungeon is full, you end up in another pf..

If the Funcom programmers can't fix that, they should disable all warping into Camelot, imo.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Great...

If FC is gonna nerf my one usefull nano, I'm gonna demand an Idiot-nerf. Too many of them around as it is...

/me jumps on the "nerf the idiot" bandwagon

Cheers

Want to make Beacon Warp outdoors only?

Sure, let's make all other warps/grid nanos outdoors only too! It's only fair, after all. Let's cook up some excuse about you needing a LoS to a sattelite or something for those nanos, as Beacon Warp goes via dozens of micro-sattelites.

Everyone happy?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Cool Could not help that :)

Originally posted by Letah
    Well its now considered an exploit by a few of the GMs that responded to our mass petitions, i'll just wear my G-key out on engies next time hoping they get the msg.
    Wow .. Orwell would be proud of you .

On the side note good to know that anything which makes Omni unhappy is bannable offense from now on .

Voyevode.

Re: Could not help that :)

Originally posted by Voy

Wow .. Orwell would be proud of you .

On the side note good to know that anything which makes Omni unhappy is bannable offense from now on .

Voyevode.
    And who is orwell?

And I didnt even petition I only posted the results of a lot omnis petitionning.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

George Orwell. He wrote the book '1984', from which the term "Big Brother" comes from.
    Dest

oh 0_o

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Originally posted by Letah
    Well its now considered an exploit by a few of the GMs that responded to our mass petitions, i'll just wear my G-key out on engies next time hoping they get the msg.

You fail to notice that *most* ppl that everyone refers to as GM's are NOT GM's, but rather regualr Advisor ARK's

So its really nice that you think its an exploit Letah.

Its also really nice that youre totally wrong.

Just becuase some guy that gets free AO time for answering pets in the que thinks it might be a exploit, does NOT mean it really is. Most Avisor ARKs are as seemingly clueless as you are on this topic.
    Hangtown
    -I can't find my pants
    -The Slowest MA in Tir
    -Wise Sage to All Noobs
    -Soothsayer to the Incompetent
    -All Around Nice Guy
    -Killing Guards Is Good For the Soul!
    -Like Whoa!

Originally posted by Kenlon
    Level limits make baby Jesus cry.

Originally posted by Destria
    George Orwell. He wrote the book '1984', from which the term "Big Brother" comes from.
    Good book, horrible movie.
    ~Lone

One flew over the cuckoo's nest.. great book, great movie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast