Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disable Beacon Warp and Team Beacon Warp in Camelot !

Disable Beacon Warp and Team Beacon Warp in Camelot !

subject sayz it all, just disable it, the dungeons have a limited size, that size is being exploited by people warping in others thus causing major lag in order to make other players crash which is according to EULA "Disruptive Gameplay". So as no one can stick to whatever they "pact" just disable warping abilities in the dungeons.
    Infamine 200 soljah

yeah

Please for the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop people from warping in.

Or......

Make All of Camelot 25%

The problem isn't so much the warping itself, but the lack of countermeasures.

If Engies had to warp in 25% zone .....
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Nice idea Virgil..
    Novice "Kcko" Gimp Soldier 214.EQP

Kckheal Doc 150.

Kckoarea NT 162.

Proud member of Legion.

then clan would show up 2 hours early and camp the entrance, what they need to do is make it unwampah-able to prevent noobs, and no save in camelot, make save point an op a good run from camelot, or put a level restriction on entrance to the castle, like the grid entrances

Actually i like that idea Vergil, wanna see how long an engie can warp in a 25%
    Infamine 200 soljah

Angry

Result of the lag: I died/ld'd - logged back in.
    Im at the reclaim, roots and deprives still running in ncu, and my weapon unequipped in my inventory (great, 1 hour of buffing and imp switching to get it back on). Result of 600k+ ping
    Animoy - Lvl 220 Soldier on Rk-1 - General of Legion
    Athillon - Lvl 162 Engineer on Rk-1 - Member of Legion - Nerf Engi button in creation room - Sleeping

Talking Actually It's not my idea...

Piikey Thought of it first, He's a smart guy
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

bumpage?
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Well its now considered an exploit by a few of the GMs that responded to our mass petitions, i'll just wear my G-key out on engies next time hoping they get the msg.

And yes, 25% would be nice.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Tantrumzero
    then clan would show up 2 hours early and camp the entrance, what they need to do is make it unwampah-able to prevent noobs, and no save in camelot, make save point an op a good run from camelot, or put a level restriction on entrance to the castle, like the grid entrances
    Omni could show up even earlier.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

Omni could show up even earlier.
    Whoever would get a bunch of guys there early would camp the entrance and kill 'the enemy' right away.. I mean.. even when there's nobody NEAR the entrance its lagging like hell already.. go figure when there's 50 guys right in front of you... hellooooooooooo nurse... ehm... reclaim..

Err i dont see how showing up 8hours earlier would change the warping problem ...
    Infamine 200 soljah

I love RK2

lachaude doc 151 rk2

disgusted

Really just shows last 2 days clan feel they cannot beat Omni in a straight up fight they resort to lame tactics anything they can do to keep Tara.

Sad to think anyone has to resort to such lame tactics because they cannot handle they got beaten/overpowered.We hear all this clan trash talking on the boards well step up to the plate and fight with Omni in a fair way stop the lame warping and see who ends up with the box and with Tara.

But somehow I think thats the problem clans are not gonna fight fair because they know if they do there dragon days are over so they resort to warping and any other lame tactic they can.

Hope funcom fixes this crap make it a bannable offense to warp ppl into camelot of something.

Here's my solution

Don't know how well it would go over but ...

If you are trying to Beacon Warp somebody to an indoor location, they get warped just in front of the door.

I know this would solve the 'stuffing' problem while still making the Warp useful for getting people back to the action. Woulnd't be so bad for people who die in missions either.

Would really suck for Smuggler's, however as peeps would find themselves standing outside the door in SFH.

I really think this would work well for Camelot, however.

Talking

The thing that would work best by far is having a max # of each side that can enter the zone, say 40 clan/40 omni. And that warping wouldnt override this...

Of course there would have to be a lvl cap at say 150+ or so, so it at least would take a little while before the clanners play up 40 omni toons to that lvl to stuff the dungeon with omni themself.
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

I haven't been to camelot in awhile but it was my impression with the 30 or so tara raids i did that the 100% area was extremely helpful in letting a losing side organize and continue the fight.

we all know how hard it is to organzie people outside and zone in somewhere it just doesnt work..

makeing all dungeon 25% would lead to clan/omni totally and completly dominating and people not wanting to zone into 25% and die to lag like that.

also what about engies warping in low lvls just to fill it up? then omni would need a small army of supertwinks to kill them..

only solution i see is to disable team and individual warps ( which is a real F U to engies cause this is one scenario when beacon warp is REALLY usefull )

Originally posted by Letah
    Well its now considered an exploit by a few of the GMs that responded to our mass petitions, i'll just wear my G-key out on engies next time hoping they get the msg.

And yes, 25% would be nice.
    This is THE dumbest idea and complaint I've ever heard. And getting this to be an exploit is beyond me.

You are so going about this problem in the wrong way. Getting FunCom to actually DO something with camelot is the way to go, not making "a nano which engies are meant to use" being an exploit.

Ping when there is a lot of people has been FCs biggest problem since day 1. Suggesting that you disable or making team warping a bannable offense is silly!

A lot of people = lot of lag. Should I petiton because STUPID people sit in the grid exit area in Tir or the dumb people who stock pile themselves in Trade? I don't!

Yeah it's somewhat different, you don't die in Tir or Trade loosing your precious title. However you can go LD, which is even more boring than dieing while fighting.

Get FC to disable the second dungeon while there are people in the first and if people log out there, they log in outside and not inside the 'dungeon.

And a little tip for FC regarding load. I read someplace that the most demanding thing they had on bandwith (and memory usage) was loading all the textures on the characters (I mean you get information about which character who's there and what clothes they have and which models they use etc..) and for us who have low bandwith PLEASE make an option to view a standard model for each of the races male and female, that kinda limits the texturing to 7 models, for me even if it looks awful that would help a lot (I think). I don't care how people looks when I pvp. That option would prolly help those who don't have that much memory I think.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast