Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Friday with Means - February 6th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Swordbreaker- View Post
    You know, as a funny side note, due to the way FC adds VAT to the subscription cost, the US dollah would have to be 15% more expensive than the euro for Ameericans to even start paying more than we do.
    The VAT is added to the cost of all online sales within europe, and no sane business wants to cut 15% off their income just to counter act VAT being added.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Then be poor and use the old perk reset system, or farm credits some other way.

The point being made was, there's plenty of ways to earn credits, from the easy to the difficult, so it doesn't matter even if you have a gimp toon, you can still get credits if you want them.
    Why would I? The fee will be modest. The point beeing made was you can argue all day about how it should cost 10s of millions. It wont.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    The VAT is added to the cost of all online sales within europe, and no sane business wants to cut 15% off their income just to counter act VAT being added.
    It still doesn't change the fact that by just being European you instantly pay 15% on the top of your AO subscription, thus making it so that the US dollar would have to be 15% more expensive than the euro to reach the same amount of money used by Europeans. Hell, in the case of AO, even if you're not in the EU (and as such, might not even have a VAT equivalent of any kind). And AFAIK, there's a good number of MMOs which DO contain the VAT in the subscription fee, not on top of it.

And my question still stands. Is the current system which would force people with cheap SL subscription to upgrade to full subscription for JUST the booster intentional, or just some kind of an oversight? It's just a booster after all, not an expansion set, and it's not like you're gonna get AI and LE for just buying the booster...
    Last edited by Swordbreaker-; Feb 12th, 2009 at 18:00:57.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by mawu View Post
    Why would I? The fee will be modest. The point beeing made was you can argue all day about how it should cost 10s of millions. It wont.
    It doesn't continue to be modest. It scales the more you use it.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    It's because we live close enough to burn down the datacenter if they don't fix the lag.

So they bribe us.
    It would be the Crossing of the Delaware all over again!
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

VAT is money FC has to give up anyway.. so FC sees no benifit from it don't blame FC (or us US folk for EU econimic decisions . As far as labeling "americans" as getting off cheap.. what about people in the middle east? china? australia? what currency do they submit too? or is it based on CC HQ?
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    I am interested in profession balance, can almost say exclusively.
    Since I play only one TL7 toon that is somewhere on the bottom of the food chain, and booster doesnt provide any content for lower TLs, I am not going to get it until I know exactly what it gives me personally for my money.
    You can say I got burnt on LE, going to be more careful now.
    You don't like perks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoc View Post
    VAT is money FC has to give up anyway.. so FC sees no benifit from it don't blame FC (or us US folk for EU econimic decisions . As far as labeling "americans" as getting off cheap.. what about people in the middle east? china? australia? what currency do they submit too? or is it based on CC HQ?
    $50 Australian only gets me 2 months playing time. That's under the US payment scheme. It would cost $54 and change to pay for 3 months. That said, I have nfi what you guys are talking about
    Last edited by slashownz; Feb 13th, 2009 at 09:29:37.
    Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy begins 23-11-2008

Quote Originally Posted by slashownz View Post
    You don't like perks?
    What perks have to do with booster?

its lunchtime, its friday.... start typing means!
    Irmo 220 sol
    Hogfather 220 doc "ER...HO. HO. HO."
    Wintersmith 220 crat
    Ainur 209 trader
    Viralbots Incorporated

"Real children don't go hoppity-skip unless they are on drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Bots. Up to 450m atm on RK2 in the case of supple, 70-200 for the rest. This was down as low as 330m just three months ago, and will get that low again not too long after instanced cities, assuming of course they are a source of lead viral bots. Probably wont go a hell of a lot lower. There will always be strong enough demand to keep them up 300+.
    It takes luck to get bots. I don't know if it's true, but it certainly feels like some cities have lower droprate on them than others. I have done a few (around 5-7 I think) farm raids in my org's city and not a single leadbot has dropped. That's around 3 hours of time wasted for nothing, and doing that many raids in a single go would need 12 hours due to the wait times.

DB Infusers. 25m a pop, in a few hours a player will probably end up with 4 of them.
    If you manage to get a good team. Doc+solja+crat can get around 2 infusers each, but if you happen to be one of the less desirable profs? Or just playing at the wrong time? This too can result in hours of wasted time just as well as fast profit.

TNH symbiants. If its worth bidding on, its probably worth 100m at least.
    Raids only happen during your own side's week, and there's at least six hours between them, often more. If your playtime is limited due to school, work or other things, you may have a hard time attending to a raid. Also it isn't trivial knowing which symbs are worth a lot, and the 100m+ ones need accumulating points from several raids.

From these three examples, a casual player on a mission to make money (from other players), can come up with 100m+ in just a few hours of play.
    Now, I'm not saying your examples are bad ways of making money, because they are good if certain conditions are met. They just aren't activities any 220 player can engage in at any time and be certain that he'll be 100m richer in two hours.

I have lately been making money from pokemon symbiants, in part because I have collected a large supply of patterns over time. Some pokemons are more luck-dependent in their drops than others, but that can be mitigated somewhat by either farming a variety of pokemons or knowing which ones to farm.

RK dynabosses can drop phats too, but finding the higher level ones up is rather chancy, as well as getting the good phats.

And then there's of course RK missions, which give on the order of 10mil per hour (eprhaps more, it's been a while since I last farmed credits from them), with nearly zero risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    I have to disagree on that, actually it is complicated..
    rubbish, and you and I already had this convo not once but twice iirc.
    and how's this for a brainstorming:
    AO pricing
    1 month - 15 $ / 15 EUR + VAT
    AoC pricing
    1 month - 15 $ / 15 EUR VAT included.

and strangely enough, FC is the developer for both games.
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Perk Reset timers:
    When I said "Modest fee"
    (snip)
    The old "free" system will also not be removed. I don't see how this can be a losing proposition.

So:
    First use: 10 000 Credits
    2nd: 100 000 Credits
    3rd: 500 000 Credits
    4th: 1 000 000 Credits
    5th: 10 000 000 Credits
    6th: 50 000 000 Credits
    7th: 100 000 000 Credits
    8th: 500 000 000 Credits
    9th: 500 000 000 Credits
    (snip)
    I think that number of perks should be factored in, so that a lvl 20 won't have to pay as much as a lvl 220 per full perk reset. How about a formula that takes 7.5k per perk that can be reset (level dependant), times (1+(NumberOfResets+1)^2.5)?
    Formula:
    x= Number of perks
    y= Number of resets (current reset included -- logically: old number of resets + 1)
    Cost = (x*7500)*(1+((y+1))^2.5)

This would produce something like this for a level 220 with 40 SL perks and 30 AI perks:
    Cost = (x*7500)*(1+((y+1))^2.5) where x=40+30 and y is specified
    1st time: 3 494 848
    3rd time: 17 325 000
    5th time: 46 820 356
    8th time: 128 100 000
    10th time: 211 213 589

And something like this for a lvl 60 (6 SL perks, 6 AI perks):
    Cost = (x*7500)*(1+((y+1))^2.5) where x=6+6 and y is specified
    1st time: 599 117
    3rd time: 2 970 000
    5th time: 8 026 347
    8th time: 21 960 000
    10th time: 36 208 044

Where should this NPC be? Ideas?
    I'd say it would be cool if this was a service provided by ICC (RP perspective: would explain how all sides got access to the technology at the same time (through ICC))
    Besides, it would allow for having a friendly NPC in the ICC HQ, which is easily reachable through wompahs from the major Clan, Omni and Neutral cities.
    Last edited by Demoder; Feb 13th, 2009 at 16:01:44.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Mikenche View Post
    Blahblah
    Oh but it needs luck and stuff you say. Gee man. No ****.

Two of the three activities are on demand, solo or in a team, and you can always find people up for it because Infusers are becomming a lot like currency, just like CRU was in its hay day. As for TNH, instancing will remove these weeks, and its just around the corner. Could be a long corner, but theres only one corner in the way. Its also something that requires exactly zero skill. Until you screw up, noone is turned away from a point raid. Three raids is enough to have a shot at something sellable.

If a player has the drive to make 100m, they can go on lft, and have it in just a few hours starting from 0. Actually yapping about the methods is pretty damn silly. I was offering 3 simple examples as to how it really is, in case from a developer point of view they have a different idea on how it all goes down.

I#d like to see IP reset cost depending on lvl, eg. the numbers of perks to be reset.

Also think that 500m is way too high as cap. 50 mil maybe, yes, but not much more.

ICC seems to be a possiblity, but how about some yutto medicine man =) Some mumbo jumbo...

You will not be able to delete your nanos...but now you will be able to HIDE the ones you don't wish to see in your interface.

i came!!!

any1 have a tissue?
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticshade View Post
    You will not be able to delete your nanos...but now you will be able to HIDE the ones you don't wish to see in your interface.

i came!!!

any1 have a tissue?
    *hands shade a bounty tissue(or did they change their name due to copyright law with a chocolate bar?)*

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoticshade View Post

i came!!!

any1 have a tissue?
    use your soaked cloak of dishonour, but I'm starting to wonder what it's soaked with...
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415