Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 30th, 2009

Nick, seriously stop arguing just to be argumentative, its getting annoying.

They already have put up notes for the downtimes they are planning, they apologized a few times about missing putting it up for the last 2. Its obvious to anyone that's not blind that AoC is dieing FAR FAR faster then AO is and they are trying to recover it. Wish as much as we want but Funcom has limited resources, and making sure AoC doesn't become another TR is in fact a high priority for them at the moment.

If you don't like it, go to http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/fro...&template=home chose "My Anarchy Account" and then cancel your account and go somewhere else.

You are 100% convinced that FC and Means' dev team will never be able to make proper changes to AO, EVER so why don't you save yourself, and us the Emo whine you create because of this and just follow those steps above this.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

As for the shops, yes, flying around RK for hours IS the problem, although i'd imagine it might not be that obvious for people who log on live servers once a month or for test server folk. Other problems are locked shops and GMS itself being quite ****ty as a search tool. Last but not least the whole not buying from opposing faction thing is downright silly, all it does is forcing most of u us to waste one account slot for a nonsided shop alts.

Just because something has semi-worked for years, doesnt mean there isnt any room for improvement. At the very least, put the GMS terminals inside the shops, and allow us to set more GMS waypoints on the map.

If real life shoping work like RK shoping does, you would have one shop with cheesburgers, then 10 km away, one shop that has only beer ,then 10 km, away, one shop that has only baseball bats etc. Current system is an ant-intuitive, unconvenient, unlogical, pointless waste of time.

For the record, I agree that it would be nice if we could just instashop in 1 spot for everything and not have to run around. The problem is that most players do not leave the main areas of the game.

If we continue down the road of making everything super convenience for everyone, there will be no one left in game as people will always go to the easiest way to do something and then will get bored.

Look at leveling right now, People to subway - Totw - Hecks - Inf missions. There's people running around asking for easier way to get tokens and saying that there's no content in the game. Of course there's no content in the game if you avoid the content.

Go do some RK missions, you get tokens, credits, items, and a change of layout from mission to mission. NO don't go doing Broken Shores missions over and over again because they are the fastest to get to, do some out in the middle of nowhere.

Everyone wants the easy way to do things. I don't blame them who wants to work to play a game, but if there's anything that Fallout 3 should have shown everyone, fast traveling isn't everything.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Nick, seriously stop arguing just to be argumentative, its getting annoying.

They already have put up notes for the downtimes they are planning, they apologized a few times about missing putting it up for the last 2. Its obvious to anyone that's not blind that AoC is dieing FAR FAR faster then AO is and they are trying to recover it. Wish as much as we want but Funcom has limited resources, and making sure AoC doesn't become another TR is in fact a high priority for them at the moment.

If you don't like it, go to http://www.funcom.com/wsp/funcom/fro...&template=home chose "My Anarchy Account" and then cancel your account and go somewhere else.

You are 100% convinced that FC and Means' dev team will never be able to make proper changes to AO, EVER so why don't you save yourself, and us the Emo whine you create because of this and just follow those steps above this.
    Hahaha, listen to yourself pal. This is funny reading coming from a guy who used to /emo rage quit AO every week and publically announce is every time on forums, because you thought your profession was the nerfest ), because they didnt pick you for professional, and quite a few others i wond bother mentioning. As a matter of fact i can bet a full crate of beer you are the most frequent emo quitter in history of this game.

Now i see you made half-full circle and you are in emo-love with Means because he gave you a new zombie dog, and now you will go into holy war against anyone who has any complaint, but that's ok, cheerleaders are people too.

As for our disagreement in this topic, you were arguing at the same time that no warnings are needed and that there will be no problem with cities because there will be a lot of warnings. I dont care if you are too dumb to notice its a contradiction, too blinded by your emo-holy war, or if its just your ego that cant take seeing me being right , but i will give you a simple advice - dont argue like a moron, you will have less problems .

@Nick
    You're right, I did quit before (though there was only 2 total threads on me quitting) And both of those times were under the old game director. You know the one that made AO stand for Alpha online. The one that put 7x team blockers in game and said it was a great idea. The one that put nanos in game that were outside of players casting abilities and said it was "A Challenge" Those were the times I decided to quit, but now we have a GM that is listening to the players and attempting to create a game that is more enjoyable to play.

And those times I quit, I bitched a bit and then QUIT, you know, unlike you whom just constantly bitches about everything and never quits.

If you go back and read, I stated, 1 they will be giving more announcement of the change before it takes place before the patch. Since the mechanic isn't in game odds are there wont be announcements in org chat, though I'm sure that they will think to do the announcements via serverwide.

But lets ignore the whole announcement thing for a bit and look at the core of it, apparently you are all convinced there are orgs out there that do not have atleast 100m in the org bank.

ANYONE, and I mean ALL the way down to the lowest rank can type /Org Bank add 100,000,000 and POOF rent is paid. Thats the whole sum of it, you need to have JUST that much in your org bank.

*shrug*

<@Kintaii> L2P

I have to agree that 6 hours warning is way too short. Heck, every single day there are more than 6 hours when there's nobody online in my org.

Had those warnings quite a few times. Not because we didn't have money to pay, just because we totally forgot. With the new system, if we forget again and it just so happens nobody is online for 6 hours, the city will be gone. Kapoofed. Make it 7 days, sounds much more reasonable for something as valuable as a city.

Question: ok, we get iCities now, but how do you get rid of them ? Say I have an iCity and I want an old city (oCity ?!) .. how do I get rid of my iCity so I can purchase the oCity ? Just a thought ..
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    I have to agree that 6 hours warning is way too short. Heck, every single day there are more than 6 hours when there's nobody online in my org.

Had those warnings quite a few times. Not because we didn't have money to pay, just because we totally forgot. With the new system, if we forget again and it just so happens nobody is online for 6 hours, the city will be gone. Kapoofed. Make it 7 days, sounds much more reasonable for something as valuable as a city.

Question: ok, we get iCities now, but how do you get rid of them ? Say I have an iCity and I want an old city (oCity ?!) .. how do I get rid of my iCity so I can purchase the oCity ? Just a thought ..
    Well thats the great thing about this new system (which I think people are missing) No one has to be online to make a payment, there just has to be enough credits in the org bank and it will get paid.

As for your 2nd question, you can abandon a city, doing so will clear your org of own a city so you can purchase another. (current mechanics.)

<@Kintaii> L2P

After such a long time now every org on Ka can have a city. Great news!

All cities will now only need the rent amount in their org bank instead of the current upkeep account. Great news!

6 hour warning for loss of your city due to lack of funds. At first this gave me pause. However you don't have 6 hours warning, you got 1 month's warning from the time it was last paid. Jesus, write the fecking date on a post-it and stick it on your screen if you are that forgetful. Oh, your a farmer with too many cities to keep track of? Boo hoo. Though tbh only needing the creds in the org bank compared to the upkeep account system is even more foolproof.

As posted by a few, if a small org struggles to make the 100mill creds for a large city then they should really consider downsizing. I think this fair. The most expensive, most prestigious item in game should go to those who can best afford it. Those able to best afford it are larger/more established orgs. It should be something a large org would aspire to. I can't see any problem or unfairness in that.

If you don't like the instanced city then continue saving for a real one. Nothing has changed in that respect. Real cities will not lose their value. They are finite in number. This frees up the need of someone wanting multiple farm cities to hog the 'real' real estate. Simple supply and demand.

I believe old cities will actually continue to increase in value, you own a piece of the landscape ffs(no matter what you may think of the architecture heheh). While newer, smaller orgs will still be able to get a city fairly quickly. This just gives more choices to the players who have the AI expansion compared to the current 'all or nothing' situation. The finite nature of real cities will always insure the value. I think its a safe bet that the number of real cities will never be increased, especially after this
    Complaints that some cities are better located than others...er, whats different from now? Deciding you want prime location is a financial decision, just like irl, you wants the best you pays the most. Take on something you are foolish to consider and you will get burnt. But hell at least now you can still have an instanced city. We are being given choices, this adds to the current city mechanics, it doesn't take away from it.

This instanced city idea seems well thought out. I know people working damn hard to get a city, I feel joy for them, they can get a city for a fraction of the cost of current cities and continue saving for the 'piece of Ka' they always wanted. Or go get full ai for their favourite chars with the creds they made so far.

This idea will nerf the bigger farmers slightly but not so much as they will go broke lol, it will just mean the more pragmatic among them will offload a few real ones to cut overheads. Thats why the 6 hour warning is being added for all cities. In the same way a small org struggling should go for an instanced city, if you aren't online enough to keep enough in the org bank for the rent then you shouldn't have the real/large city either. Its the biggest thing in game, it should retain the 'work' involved and be more suitable for a well populated/established org

Macrosun really does have all the bases covered.

Edit: Almost forgot heheh. The advantages not dropping is pretty cool too
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The first team instance "Mitaar Hero" will be testable this week too. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you on test to try out the new areas.
    The really made my day, awesome. I like your style. :P

City upkeep payments will be taken from the org bank at the announced time.
    Warnings will be given in org chat at 6, 4, 2, and 1 hour before the upkeep is due.
    If the upkeep amount is not available in the org bank at the time it is due, the city will be demolished. (Also applies to old cities.)
    The warning needs to be longer. Let's imagine some org not having the credits in bank at the time of warning for whatever-the-reasons. Scraping some 40-80mil within a 6 hour period where most likely not even one half of the org members are online, in a most likely newly created org that doesn't own a old city and mostly consisting of "newer" players is going to be a bitch. 24 hours should be minimum.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

All this mess because the original AI suckers instituted the rule that bots are not rollable and can only go to the raid host. AI cities should be a privilege of some orgs and the problem of not everyone having a shot at AI generals' loot should be solved somehow else. It pisses me off that FC is forced to waste time fixing this old content to ensure that everyone has a shot at city raids, when originally, AI designers made it so that everyone with the expansion could take part at raids and loot generals, weather they had a city or not. Ya, they underestimated "you guys", as Means said, they underestimated your greediness.
    Last edited by Marduk; Jan 31st, 2009 at 15:38:31.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    and theres the problem!

the content should be coming to me, i shouldnt have to waste my time in some silly sink like.... you know.. running or flying out to the xp totems.

i wanna beable to just stand in one place, and all the mobs will just que infront of me waiting to be killed.

that'd totally be uber!
    totally awesome
    was lmao for a while hehehehe good one
    Submicron agent
    Bloodcult retired MP
    ---
    part of the Inner Circle family

Okay, I am having trouble following the bouncing ball. Do I understand correctly?

1) One city per org
    2) The instanced cities are only available with small plots
    3) The instanced cities will not allow markets but any other building can be placed
    4) City advantages for both types of cities remain regardless of the state of the cc.
    5) Payment for the instanced cities will be taken directly from the org bank
    6) Traditional cities will go BOOM at launch if in debt
    7) Both traditional cities and instanced cities will be demolished if upkeep is not available
    8) Payment notice for the instanced cities is on a wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am notice of 6, 4, 2, and 1 hour before the upkeep is due

Questions:

1) Will traditional cities continue with the current warning system?
    2) Any plans to include SL zones for the traditional and/or instanced cities?
    3) Will the instanced city locations show up on game map, or will it be a seek and ye shall find treasure hunt kind of thing?

Thank you guys for all your hard work!
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Thumbs down

Oo .....

a whole thread..without a bit of negativity.... pfff...

so yes,the comunist idea that everyone should have the same is nice..but it PHAILED.

Why would hardcore players...playing hours each day..should have the same as a random player,who just logges in once a month?

You say you dont wont to hurt city value,and all agree? doh!
    instance city means : A)Old citys lose value.(why pay 4 bil if i can have an instanced city)
    B)you nerf AI armor. now everyone will have ai armor it will become as common junk as kirch armor...

So yea im against this idea... mayby good will come of it..but all i can see is FC trying with each substential patch to nerf credz value.

You said at 1 of jan will be new engin...nothing happened...then you said end of jan at least the Booster pack...nothing happend....hello people WAKE THE F$%^ UP!!!!

Insted of nerfing items every patch(Like you did with uniques and APF,and now instansing citys) Work on a REAL patch! give us new content to enjoy...
    Work on polishing your product...
    A)Same mesh of mobs diffrent names: Create new Meshes...i want to see reedem unreedem diffrences...at least between the unique NPCs and the rest...Same as for RK mobs...give each dyna a diffrent look...just glowing shield,and enlarging them..is..doh...
    B)Same mesh on Items:wtf? lets take example of alien bounty,uncle bazzit library,DB infusers,DB device at end new db quest...all same mesh..comeon..you want me to paint for you?diversity wtb alot please...
    C)Personal tags on items:let people create unique items..and sign their names on..

etc etc etc.... let the flamers and trolls begin i dont give a flying F$%^ ...all this nerfing,nothing new...
    just had to raise the flag as everyone seem to be nerfed as well...

one last remark before you start throwing stones at me:You want to keep the game alive?How bout keeping the main bots online by reponsible or even payed to do it members..as for now people cant have beast raid or other stuff cause no bots to rely people are online...unless their a part of some big strong org...those are the things you should nerf....and take care of..
    Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse
    I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddarcek View Post
    one last remark before you start throwing stones at me:You want to keep the game alive?How bout keeping the main bots online by reponsible or even payed to do it members..as for now people cant have beast raid or other stuff cause no bots to rely people are online...unless their a part of some big strong org...those are the things you should nerf....and take care of..
    Get friends. Take some initiative and raid it yourself. Quit whining.

If you can't get together people to raid it and win lootrights - you don't deserve the loot. Is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Q - How do you get/request a city?
    A - If your org currently does not own a city you can simply enter the instance door...and purchase your city. Entering the door from then on will take you to your city.
    what if you already have an old city? some old city plots are SO small (like my org's plot) that we can fit HQ, market, cloak, grid... well that's it, it lacks 1 "pixel" to plant a mining installation or so next to cloak & road, and GM's already said they won't edit that thingie, so for orgs with a city like ours, it would be alot better if we could have the old city (markets) and a small plot on new instanced city, that's basically just to plant the mining operations on for nano buffs

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by -Nuc- View Post
    Get friends. Take some initiative and raid it yourself. Quit whining.

If you can't get together people to raid it and win lootrights - you don't deserve the loot. Is that simple.
    First flame..nice...
    seem you dont like to read...
    its not bout me dude its bout comunity..im not the only to suffer from this..
    and if you think all should not get loot just a single few then this game days are few...you give people what to do..reason to come online then youll keep this game alive..if you dont like to work and create..dont make an mmorpg..
    yes some stuff should be aranged by close circles..with friends and stuff..
    others are ARK and FC responsibilty and not taking care of that means more people would leave and less stay...(i can imagine now NUC siting on a pile of dung all alone,screaming:im the king,im the king..long live the king..two birds look at him amusingly and fly on.. )
    I did not invent those bots.. they have been here before i was subscriber..
    Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse
    I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.

First flame..nice...
    seem you dont like to read...
    its not bout me dude its bout comunity..im not the only to suffer from this..
    and if you think all should not get loot just a single few then this game days are few...you give people what to do..reason to come online then youll keep this game alive..if you dont like to work and create..dont make an mmorpg..
    yes some stuff should be aranged by close circles..with friends and stuff..
    others are ARK and FC responsibilty and not taking care of that means more people would leave and less stay...(i can imagine now NUC siting on a pile of dung all alone,screaming:im the king,im the king..long live the king..two birds look at him amusingly and fly on.. )
    I did not invent those bots.. they have been here before i was subscriber..
    No..seems like you don't read. You say the same things I do (almost).

It IS about community. So get out there; meet other players; and organize raids. Don't sit around waiting for some player-made (and run) bot to drag you along for the loot. Take initiative or stop talking.

Look at LFT these days. No one wants to start anything. Everyone wants to sit LFT until someone else does it, then invites them.

There is no "must have" item in this game. Can't organize enough people to raid Beast on your own? Find a way to live without a Burden. There a lots of great back items out there. The same can be said for most other end game content. Can't get the best by yourself? There's some pretty damn good alternatives out there.

Make use of the people you see in game, whether it's your orgmates, or people you meet from other factions. Go DO. Be proactive.

Don't sit around and wait, and certainly don't blame ARK/FC that you can't get a burden because of lack of player bots. ARK and FC should not have to motivate you to do things in game, and they CERTAINLY should not be running bots like the current ones we have.

Ignorant, ill considered, knee jerk rantings(as usual)..
    Tbh with how much you have missed the point and are utterly alone in your 'opinions'(lol) I think you are the one on the dung pile shouting obcenities at passers by. The two little birds will probably **** on your head too.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

"Mitaar Hero" eh... Very aptly named playfield, if I may say so. Guess I won't be having problems finding a team for that

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    and theres the problem!

the content should be coming to me, i shouldnt have to waste my time in some silly sink like.... you know.. running or flying out to the xp totems.

i wanna beable to just stand in one place, and all the mobs will just que infront of me waiting to be killed.

that'd totally be uber!
    I know you're sort of committed to being a fanboi and all, but I think even you see the difference between what you said, and the fact that to gear up a char you have to spend several hours flying around, rather pointlessly, to pick up items from 50 different random places.

If you seriously think that is good gameplay, you value your time in a very different way than most of us do.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast