Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring back 100% damage!

Thumbs up Bring back 100% damage!

People this fixes every pvp problem in the game right now. If 100% damage is re-integrated into this game, pvp will be so much more fun. Bump for 100% damage!

What's fun about instakills?

Duh.

Whats fun about people bunker and whompa camping? Whats fun about people running away from duels in the arena and zoning? With 100% damage no one will have time to do that except in very rare occasions. Make this game more realistic like it used to be.

I remember insta-kills. Instakills of my noob butt around the MMD area was a big part of what turned me off to PvP waaaaaay back. Call me a carebear if you want, but think about the following two questions as regards the fun of PvP (they can also apply to the 75+ free-for-all):

Who wants to lose without ever having a chance in the first place?

Who wants to spend more time waiting out rez effects than they get to spend fighting?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

hehe yeah its kind of a bad idea. soldier alpha would kill everyone : / so would agent and aimed.. not to mention enforcer mini alpha and well.. anyone with an ithika or FP that isnt a soldier.. dear lord.

tho it sure would be fun to q 123 some traders to death.

I think it'd help.... And gawd i'd love to see 10k AS floating over someone's corpse after 1 shot.

Way too much rooting and running, why even bother attacking someone within 30 meters of a zone unless you have 4 other people?
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

I never played in the days of 100% damage but i think it'd be damn fun. I'd love to be able to kill people that fast, i mean so what if you can die faster so will everyone else. It'd be a lot more realistic plus it might weed out some of the newbs floating around camelot.

BUMP for 100%!

What about 100% dmg BUT with 40% cap still? Would not mean instakills but would still mean dmg dealers are dmg dealers.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

that might be a better idea to keep people from complaining. It'd still be better then this 50% crap

Originally posted by Letah
    What about 100% dmg BUT with 40% cap still? Would not mean instakills but would still mean dmg dealers are dmg dealers.
    A soldier alpha would still insta-kill someone

Oh, and i think they should cut damage 50% again once more of what it is now...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

hihi, Im all for it as much as it really would f**k things up these days without bracers.

"soldier with flashpoint in right hand: hey wanna duel selfbuffed?"

"me: sorry Im afk"

If...

If they would just make the 14.6 patch the same as it was before the 12.5 I would really enjoy playing again like i did then .

It wont ever happen, they took it out its not to put it back, no matter how hard we want it. All the people that dont play a pure damage dealing profession would die without a chance and then whine...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Thumbs down no real strategy in 100% dmg

sure it would keep people from zoning and all but there is no real strategy in insta kills, i personally like seeing a battle drawn out a lil bit makes it more interesting and you can always scroll back or review on what you did wrong and what to do next in your next fight.

agree with maz

Maybe dmg should be a bit more, but I think pvp is fine the way it is with bracer nerf. Also I wouldnt want to see it be as 1st person to attack wins, and full dmg would pretty much eliminate melee from the game as noone would want to run at you with a beam or swords when you have a flashpoint pointed toward them. Fights are actually good the way they are now IMO. Soldiers and Enf's give me as an advent a run for my money and when soldiers lose 1v1 who cares, they are an intrument of war and truth is that they rock 2h0 in the big battles they are hardest to kill and easiest to get kills. *waits for someone to pin this reply on me being a healer* One more thing...Im sick of seeing soldiers and enforcers say they will fight me if i dont heal or if they get heals....thats lame excuse, its like me saying I wont fight them w/o mongo,challenger or TMS...come on every class has a reason for what it is, advent cant deal dmg like a soldier or enf because they are little bit of both, only the ones that know how to play mix it to work enough. In conclusion, full dmg means instakills and you will see everyone with a flashpoint or westinghouse....where's the fun in that.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Re: agree with maz

Originally posted by Patk9
    In conclusion, full dmg means instakills and you will see everyone with a flashpoint or westinghouse....where's the fun in that.
    Everyone already uses flashpoints and westinghouses, and if i remember correctly in the 100% days you still used swords and you kicked ass in 2ho .

I gained Rookie in the full dmg time, as doctor so I dont agree, its doable but asks *careful* pvping and very much caution and teamwork (is it clear? no agents?)

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Re: agree with maz

Originally posted by Patk9
    One more thing...Im sick of seeing soldiers and enforcers say they will fight me if i dont heal or if they get heals....thats lame excuse, its like me saying I wont fight them w/o mongo,challenger or TMS...come on every class has a reason for what it is, advent cant deal dmg like a soldier or enf because they are little bit of both, only the ones that know how to play mix it to work enough.
    Ok then reformulating, dont use any heal that heals higher than 40% of 50% of ur HP ( thats making damage and healing 1 and 1) and i will duel you with my Soldier or with my NT, but untill that you can only duel my MA

send a tell for when im off this week end be back sunday evening

edit: actually ill duel you with my doc no limit on the healing since the healing is perfect
    Last edited by Infamine; Sep 27th, 2002 at 12:48:40.
    Infamine 200 soljah

Talk about making GAIV fixers uber.

Full defense, and they could stand there doing good damage, and take none. On the other hand their HOT's wouldnt' be as effective as they are now.

Naa, insta kills sux, the only healing thats too extreme in pvp is complete heal.

I'm fine with 100% damage, if they raise HP to match monsters HP. (fear my 50K HP enforcer.) hehe
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Fixers in GA IV dont bother me

Not being able to fight anyone does.

Instakills may happen if dmg is 100%, but thats how it should be. If an agent is laying in wait concealed and pops you in the head, he should have a good chance of killing you outright.
    Same goes if you you find yourself head to head with a soldier about to unleash a full alpha strike. The same goes for an unspotted NT being able to do immense dmg until someone spots him and drops him.

Those are the main abilities those profs have!

As soon as Total concentration is gone...or all the specials are gone, they dont do any more dmg than other profs.

Should the agent or soldier already have used their strike they are easy meat for debuffers and healers.. we simply cannot keep up and are relegated to killstealing to gain titles.

Very few 120+ players go into a pvp zone without RRFE and god knows how many other buffs, so whats the problem ?????

Bring back 100% ....bring back the intensity of fear!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast