Thread: [ALL] OTPC: Who is Omni-Tek? #Omni-Mining

[ALL] OTPC: Who is Omni-Tek? #Omni-Mining

Who is Omni-Tek? #Omni-Mining
    January 25, 29483 - Eto Demercel [Global]

OTPC - Omni-1 HQ - Eto Demercel in Interview with Director Conner Rhees

Omni-Tek is the best employer one can wish for and the wages are above average. This prosperity on Rubi-Ka comes in large part from the Notum, that is why my third visit directed me to Conner Rhees, the director of Omni-Mining.

Notum. We use it constantly. We sell it for good money. We don't live bad from it. Still, we experience it as something banal and don't think about it anymore, even though we have nanoprograms running all the time, which would simply not exist without Notum. The man who takes care, that we can operate with it so carefree is Conner Rhees, the director of Omni-Mining, who never lets the flow of Notum run dry.

A man who was literally born and raised in the 4 Holes Mines. A man who has made his fascination to his life-task. He took in knowledge about the mines along with the breast milk. As a child he accompanied his father on inspections into the mines of 4 Holes, where his father was foreman until the brutal and unprovoked terrorist attack. An anecdote from that time he entrusted to me characterises him quite well:
    He was on one of those tours with his father and stayed, unnoticed by everyone else, behind with a group of workers that were repairing some machines. Fascinated and lured in by this he stayed with them and helped tackling the problem. When his worried father found him hours later, Director Rhees was still with said group and the machine was working again. Instead of punishing or scolding him he could only laugh and gave him the following advice and Conner Rhees took it to heart: "Son, keep up this love and fascination and use it with everything you will ever do in your live."

This is exactly what he does, Conner Rhees takes his power and energy from doing exactly what he loves and this you can feel in his presence. If a problem arises he is on-site and coordinates the resolving, inspections are lead by himself personally, he always has an open ear and good advice for his employees, even if it takes all night. How he still manages to find the time to take care of all the administrative aspects is a mystery to me, but he accomplishes the nearly impossible with a smile.
    Paperwork, he says winking, is his biggest enemy, without it he would always be on-site in the mines.

When mentioning the current situation in 4 Holes it seemed he had to struggle with his countenance, before he frowned and shook his head sadly. From a financial and economical point of view, the situation in 4 Holes is not a problem at all. None the less, Director Rhees worries a great deal about the machines and equipment left behind, he feels personally responsible for all the gear. Of course one can't expect that these barbaric terrorists will have the same knowledge, skill and love, that the employees of Omni-Mining have for them thanks to Conner Rhees.
    For me as an outsider, it appears the Director may even be worried a bit too much, in the end it is only replaceable equipment.

Those who expected huge problems and shortages due to these intricate circumstances, don't need to be worried since even with the shortfall of those mines, the production is not only stable but even increased compared to the years before. A great merit by all the employees in Director Rhees' department.

Conner Rhees, is an example that we have it in our own hands to fulfil our childhood dreams in the company and that this opportunity is always offered to us when working for Omni-Tek.

Eto Demercel for OTPC

Attached Images:
    Director Conner Rhees

So.... when is Director Rhees going to get OTAF off their but and get 4-Holes back....
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

once you omnis get off your butts and leave Borealis to the neutrals

...I dont believe it, he has made a statement i agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz View Post
    once you omnis get off your butts and leave Borealis to the neutrals

Are you saying that if Omni left Borealis, the Clans would return 4 Holes to Omni-Tek? Can we have this in writting by someone in authority.

And while we are at it, any chance of getting Omni-2 back as well?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

best is you go ask silverstone in person, mention you're omni first

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz View Post
    best is you go ask silverstone in person, mention you're omni first
    You mean Jacobi? The Sentinels have no stake in Omni-2.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I think waht Juksrz is saying is that Silverstone is such well known friend to the Neutrals he would totally back an deal in which the Clans returns 4 Holes to Omni-Tek in exchange for Omni-Tek returning Borealis to the Neutrals.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Borialis was still neurtal the last time I looked. It's just a few employees there helping out with security. And to be honest, when you see how well the neutrals handle security in a small town like Newland where prisoners come and go as they like, I think it is better that someone else handles it in a bigger city like Borialis.
    As i said in another part of the gridspace, the only ones that want the neutrals to handle security is the criminals
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

so basically you call all neutrals criminals?

So you are a neut now?
    You are the one pushing the question, not the neutrals.
    I guess mabye some of the members of the Newland counsil would, but with the job they do in Newland when it comes to security, I doubt they have the support of the average neutral
    Last edited by Gimpeline; Jan 29th, 2009 at 12:01:52.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Borialis was still neurtal the last time I looked. It's just a few employees there helping out with security.
    If you didnt realise Omni-Tek has put into power an Administrator, her name is Jessica Lonare.
    And no they are not just a few employee's helping out with security, they are the entire security force, and i can tell you that Borealis is less safe than it was before the occupation. They are the ones attempting to fix the Suppression gas generators, and have been epically failing in that for the last year.

And to be honest, when you see how well the neutrals handle security in a small town like Newland where prisoners come and go as they like I think it is better that someone else handles it in a bigger city like Borialis.
    If i remeber correctly Omni-Pol finds it difficult to hold onto prisoners, not the Newland Militia. And if you wish to call the Militia incompetant, i suggest you do so to General Hekkat's face.

the only ones that want the neutrals to handle security is the criminals
    So, your saying any neutral who doesnt want to have to rely on the incompetant, useless and downright pathetic protection which is currently provided in Borealis is infact a criminal?
    Last edited by Lasliana; Jan 29th, 2009 at 16:13:19.

Hehe. If that is pathetic and incompetent, what do you think about the security provided by the neutrals in Newland?
    Guards running around all day sending eachother to reclaim instead of protecting the people. A open wide Prission. I don't see any Omni guards outside. Do you?
    Or are you saying that when they send out people from Newland to find the prissoners, they get their orders from Omni-Pol?
    I don't know where you have that the prisoners is from Omni-Pol. The wardens dosen't mention it with a word. and since they can be in Omni, clan and Neutral territory, I assume they are Neutral. Last time I heard, the Pol dosen't hire Neutrals, and Omni woulden't go to clan territory to hire help
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

The Newland Militia follows a zero tolerance policy to troublemaking within the city. You make trouble in Newland expect a trip to reclaim. And when was the last time there was a Kyr'ozch raid on Newland?
    That to me suggests that theyre taking their job seriously and are actually doing it, unlike the Omni-Tek guards in Borealis.
    The prison in Newland is guarded by Warden Ystanes and two other guards, just like in any other city with a prison facility.

As to what i mean by prisoners, i mean those that Omni-Pol has attempted to hold in the past, Playboyfixer, Mirura and others. From what i have heard their holding facilities arent all that secure.
    I never suggested that Neutrals take orders from Omni-Pol, and i have no idea where that comes from.

In Borealis, most of the security there is done mostly by Omni-Tek and neutral citizens in any case, regarding to the least alien invasions of the city. It's always been a meeting ground for all 3 factions and they have been able to keep each other in check before and during Omni-Tek occupation of Borealis.

It's almost like the guards are there just to look pretty. Sure they're doing their job, but when you look at it from another angle, their job is taken care of by your "normal" people.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    The Newland Militia follows a zero tolerance policy to troublemaking within the city. You make trouble in Newland expect a trip to reclaim. And when was the last time there was a Kyr'ozch raid on Newland?
    That to me suggests that theyre taking their job seriously and are actually doing it, unlike the Omni-Tek guards in Borealis.
    The prison in Newland is guarded by Warden Ystanes and two other guards, just like in any other city with a prison facility.

As to what i mean by prisoners, i mean those that Omni-Pol has attempted to hold in the past, Playboyfixer, Mirura and others. From what i have heard their holding facilities arent all that secure.
    I never suggested that Neutrals take orders from Omni-Pol, and i have no idea where that comes from.
    Ah. We are talking about two diffrent cases. No wonder it was comfusing.
    So you think a girl that steals sodadrinks for fun is a security risk?
    But mabye you are right and the Pol should handle the case like the ministers do in Newland..
    a ring and flowers says more than words after all...
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

i don't steal soda...

By troublemaking i am going on what General Hekkat calls troublemaking, which from what i have seen is causing fights and bringing harm to any of the cities residents.
    And from personal experience i know that if a little girl was to steal a soda, the militia would rather catch her, take her to her parents or guardians and tell them, and also make it plainly clear to the little girl that it is bad and not to ever do it again.

As for the Omni-Tek guards in Borealis, they do nothing what so ever apart from swan around. Everytime they put on an extra patrol it ends with them saying or doing something which stirs the residents up and causes a riot.
    During the second latest Kyr'ozch assault on the city, the Unicorns from the dish came down to just outside the city limits, at Ember woods, where the residents of Borealis, and many others were fighting the Kyr'ozch commander.
    The Unicorns in their infinite wisdom chose to attack neutral and clan citizens instead of the large number of aliens.
    Also the fact that Omni-Tek guards do nothing during a Kyr'ozch assault is just the icing on the cake.