Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What I would like to read in next patch info!

Re: What I would like to read in next patch info!

Nice post. I don't agree with everything and can't coment on many things (I'm a low-lvl / casual player), but good ideas.

Weapons = Fixed various problems with different weapons, these weapons should now perform as intended
    Especially: we have now fixed all bows to use the correct initiatives.

Fumbles = Have been removed from the game
    Agreed. Or alternatively: "Fumble chance is now based on the difference between the minimum skill requirement and the actual skill, not a static percentage as was previously the case."

PvM damage = Mob against player damage is now capped at 45%. However, it is still possible that a high level encounter could get you killed in three shots
    Nah. Instead I'd like: "Mobs have now been made dangerous by making them smarter and deadlier, instead of giving them millions of hit points"

Nano-Technicians

Nullity Sphere = Protects NT also from all hostile nanoprograms and damage shields
    Enfraams = Have been halved in terms of NCU cost
    Range = The cap has been increased to 50 with according buffs
    HE = will now tick almost twice as fast, but only for NTs
    Dark Movement = Two new versions available and will also increase target’s nano resistance
    Blinds = Reduce the crit chance by 25% and all evade skills by 200(with highest version, toned down versions apply for lower level blinds), keep in mind that it is still difficult for NTs to use these higher level blinds (without outside buffs)
    Direct Damage = New nanos have been introduced (880-990 MC requirements)

Agreed. Enfraam's NCU cost is ridiculous compared to the effect, and why is there only on Dark Movement, that should be a line of nanos like the rest are. Blinds need a boost, right now they are not very useful. All good changes IMHO.

I don't PvP, but...

Engaging in battle = Players can now only attack those that are on the same title level. With an exception of Title Level 5 and Title Level 6, which are allowed to engage in battle against each other
    ...sounds like a very good idea.

I would also add:

Items

We have increased the places and monsters that drop rare loot (NS, GA, etc) to reduce camping of certain sites.

There is no longer any "boss only" loot, almost all items in the game can now be found as normal loot, with the exceptions being certain named NPCs and monsters. The chance of a boss dropping rare loot is still higher, to give incentive to team missions and dynacamps. This was done to reduce camping.

Cities and guards

We have added robotic shooting ranges into cities, so that players can test out their weaponry and armor without killing guards and other NPCs.

Guards can now "call for backup" if attacked. Expect heavy and increasing resistance if you attack a city guard.

Guards now remember hostile players for a certain time period, regardless of faction. Guard-killers will get attacked on sight while they are on the guard hate list. This applies to all cities belonging to the faction in question (guards have intercoms).

Future patches

We are looking into ways of reducing camping of certain static dungeons and sites, but have not finalized anything yet. This is a known problem.

Re: Re: Re: W00T Duck lol

Originally posted by InfamousDuck

Soldiers at least have mk shield, GREAT damage buffs, small heal; Engies dont have crap except for their bot which is nothing special especially if its self buffed.
    hmmm... most people are worse self buffed :P

Re: Re: Re: Re: W00T Duck lol

Originally posted by Thoughtless

hmmm... most people are worse self buffed :P
    ANYWAY what im trying to say is that Engies need love . Professions shouldnt have to be outside buffed to do good.

Re: Re: HAH!

Originally posted by Sethil

Hey dude, Soldiers can't cast RRF when MC is locked, but they could heal with OMHH (200-300 each 2 sec.)

And you debuffs are -415 pts at all... that throws your opponent back to lvl 70 (from 200) and let him do only a 1-2 digit damage on you and leaves him totally helpless with useless nanoskills.
    And remember that you get a huge boost in attackrate (around 350 pts,) which makes you able to crit like a MA.
    The only way to kill a Trader is a sudden alpha strike, fast enough to kill him before debuff works, or debuff him before he get a chance to do the same....

Give every Non-debuffing class a huge nanoresist buff and Im satisfied
    A skill lock does NOT prevent you from casting ANY nano program, even nano programs that require that skill.

All it prevents you from doing is taking another action that locks the same skill.

Martial Artist attacks lock the martial arts skill, but it doesn't prevent them from punching.

Nano rechargers lock the timespace skill, but don't prevent you from casting timespace based nanos.

Locking MC wouldn't stop the soldier from casting or doing anything that didn't also lock MC.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: W00T Duck lol

ANYWAY what im trying to say is that Engies need love . Professions shouldnt have to be outside buffed to do good.
    I'll second that. Every Engineer I've known has eventually quit. All of them cited this "begging for buffs" every time they wanted to play as a major reason.
    k- This message has been reviewed by intrusive goons searching for "evil-doers".

Good post.

I have yet to play any profession over level 100. However, I would still like to provide my opinions on the issues listed in this thread.

Tedric: I agreed with all of your post. However I dont think your 'Smarter MOBs' is an option. I would like it to be.
    Specifically, I liked your idea about 'Guards' and how their agro should work. I wonder if having token demerits would work in this regards? Especially in when shooting citizens. I do it all the time, and I rarely have a good reason other than I just want to kill them. IM guessing you could claim that all those flying cameras in Omni actually caught me in the act of committing a murder. Or that some scum sicle beggar in clan wittnessed the whole event.

InfamousDuck: I started out not liking you. As I read through this post, I slowly changed my mind. Now that I like you, I can see your points a bit more clearly. I never really enjoyed playing my Trader. I never did PVP. I could mez, heal a bit, and shoot stuff with my shot gun. What upset me was that the ransack skills line never had an apparent effect on NPCs/MOBs. I think that a good enhancement for Trader's would be to have their Ransack nano actually effect NPCs/MOBS. I never understood the brainswap line. A neat party trick? Team Heals now, really suck. It would be nice to have a Ransack line that actually distributed the points to the team instead of just the trader, so that Wrangler's and the ac deprives(Never got one of these trader is only 42) would be more of a downtime type of thing. I can see your point in PVP, the health funnels suck mana out. Maybe if the blinds cost allot more nano to cast, and were not area effect, then perhaps it would balance out... In regards to engineers... They need something... I have no clue what... A robot that can do the disco would be a start

North: Good list. ID be floored, stepped on, hooked to the back of a 'good ol'Boys' pick up truck and dragged to Texas and back if any of your suggestions made it to a patch. But a great a list none the less. A few questions and comments:

Solid objects: I dont understand. Is this so you can see whats in a room, like a MOB, missions objective, or chest? If so, I dont like it. If not, what is it?

Weapons: I agree with Tedric, although I never use a bow, I know some of the good ones use Melee initiative. There is also a rifle out there if IM not mistaken? This list must be huge though..

Fumbles: /agree /agree /agree MAN I hate fumbles. MPs have an anti fumble line though...

Enfraams: I never used them, even in a group. I know! A little protection is better than none, but I just mez, nuke, mez nuke, so I never gave a crud. I liked Naraya's suggestion better. I would definatly use that version of Enfraams.

Direct Damage: Can you add crits to nukes? I dont know if this would over power the NTs at end game or in PVP.

Blinds: Man what a touchy subject. I would increase the Nano cost. Decrease the duration a bit as well. And not include the %crit in the area effect ones or at least reduce the amount.

GA MKIV: Your asking for a nerf. Apparently you were involved in a nerf war with the Traders, and as I understood it you came out understanding that you should ask that everyone be brought up to the same level instead of nerfing. I could be wrong, please verify. As such, maybe you should ask for a grid beacon destoryer line of weapons. /comfort Fixers. Poor Fixers! They should have GA MK XXXXX and it should drop off leets and have a req of 1 sta 1 str 1 int!!! Seriously though, if this isnt that big of a deal I wouldnt touch the Fixer's... IM just glad they are making a come back. Was very difficult to watch them leave...

You called for a patch to focus on soldiers, engineers , then cratz or something.

I think its a good idea that they lay out a focus like that. Although I would really like to see them take all of the professions and mix the fixes accross the board insead of focusing on one profession.

Still I liked your post as a whole. The Fixer nerf is very hard to swollow. I know you see it in action, and that I dont, its just out of every profession out there, the Fixer is the only one I would NEVER nerf. Ever.

In regards to Advents, they need to get the cycilic (sp) nanos in the GAME! ID reduce the NCU cost! And they should stack with their existing DS line, as outlined in the adv post by whats his name. Also add more morph specific Nanos!!!! So you can turn into a gerbil and sneak around, whats that do? You cant fight in parrot form, IM guessing this is to deal with the kiting thing? But its stupid, drop it.

Cratz: Give them a message when their charms are going to break. Also increase the psyche check so they can charm in team missions.

Agents: I like Kiryat-Dharin sugesstion on the AS crits.

Soldiers: I like Kiryat-Dharin suggestion for FA buffs and for the comprimise for Nano reflect. Very cool idea!

PVP: The only suggestions I have, given that I dont PVP and will have a really hard time when I get into high levels is:

Make a Crat only player mezable line of nanos. Should be nano intensive. And very interruptable. I think this might give them a chance to PVP. I think

Make a self only mech armor casing for Engineers that encases them in a pet. They can not summon another pet while in this mode. (I know they have a high level nano that makes them look like a pet, but dont confuse this with that) They will get all the stats of their pets attack abilities.

K thats all I got, thanks for reading.

Re: Re: Re: HAH!

Originally posted by Jynne
    A skill lock does NOT prevent you from casting ANY nano program, even nano programs that require that skill.

All it prevents you from doing is taking another action that locks the same skill.

Martial Artist attacks lock the martial arts skill, but it doesn't prevent them from punching.

Nano rechargers lock the timespace skill, but don't prevent you from casting timespace based nanos.

Locking MC wouldn't stop the soldier from casting or doing anything that didn't also lock MC.
    the current skill lock is like -1000 to all nano skills... that's different than what you are referring to and I believe he meant that it would just be -1000 skill to MC....

I can't even cast my basic general nano's while Nano Skills Inoperative is running on my NCU after an MK Shield Use.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: W00T Duck lol

that is certainly true... Engies need a line of Engie only armor or engie only buffs that add to Matter Cre and TS, but they shouldn't be stackable with MP buffs.

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: W00T Duck lol

that is certainly true... Engies need a line of Engie only armor or engie only buffs that add to Matter Cre and TS, but they shouldn't be stackable with MP buffs.
    Exactly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: HAH!

the current skill lock is like -1000 to all nano skills... that's different than what you are referring to and I believe he meant that it would just be -1000 skill to MC....

I can't even cast my basic general nano's while Nano Skills Inoperative is running on my NCU after an MK Shield Use.
    That would be different from a skill lock though, which is a specific game mechanic. Others in this thread were under the impression that a skill lock prevented you from using nanoformulas or weapons based on the skill, and it doesn't.

I personally think the skill lock would be a fine mechanic for TMS - it would keep soldiers from chain-casting TMS, which I believe is basically the main intent of the current TMS nano-shutdown. If it would prove unbalancing to allow soldiers to cast nanos during the TMS, then have a nano-shutdown equal to the duration of the mirror shield, and a skill lock of longer duration so that the TMS cannot be immediately recast once it expires.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

With only a MC lock that means that soldiers will be able to debuff themselves out of roots, which would be a bigger dissadvantage for root classes in pvp.

GA MKIV: Your asking for a nerf. Apparently you were involved in a nerf war with the Traders, and as I understood it you came out understanding that you should ask that everyone be brought up to the same level instead of nerfing. I could be wrong, please verify. As such, maybe you should ask for a grid beacon destoryer line of weapons. /comfort Fixers. Poor Fixers! They should have GA MK XXXXX and it should drop off leets and have a req of 1 sta 1 str 1 int!!! Seriously though, if this isnt that big of a deal I wouldnt touch the Fixer's... IM just glad they are making a come back. Was very difficult to watch them leave...
    I don't personally have a problem with GA MKIV. I know its rare and for those that have it should benefit from it. This was not my own opinion, but taken from few discussion threads. (NTs can still do pretty good damage on fixers). Regardless, I think it might be good to leave it as it is. After all fixers can still warp out from the battle if needed, its not like you are supposed to kill them anyway

Off topic: I will be moving countries today, so will be out from contact for few days. However, please do keep posting your thoughts and cya soon.
    Last edited by North; Sep 27th, 2002 at 21:47:21.

Arrow Travel

Hope your trip is a success, and safe!

IM glad you feel the same way about fixers. I dont personally play one, but I am very happy to see some friends returning to the game.

I was hoping you could shed some light on the see through objects in missions. IM certain I must have misunderstood that whole concept, and I would like to understand it.

InfamousDuck or Thoughtless: I was just in a thread where Adventurers were actually jealous of Engineer's weapon buffs. The post started out as a whine and then turned into a self buff into weapons post. All I know about Engineers comes from anti guardians, and seeing as how you both seem to be a proponent of that profession I would be interested in see what you have to say about it. Adv

Not to hijack this post though!

Oh and this is a bump of sorts I doubt Funcom is reading this, but in case they they cant see it. Heres a bump!

you forgot melee energy and teh QB fix!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Ok so lets let soldier heal themselves for 300 while using a first aid every 15 seconds....You have to remember that traders aren’t the only classes that you fight in pvp, however thats the only class you complain about. Soldier overall have it a lot better than most classes. You cant just nerf a class to make your profession more dominant. You dont like to duel a trader, dont. But in pvp a trader is going to fall over dead first out of everyone in a small alpha.
    1) Soldiers don't have it better than most classes. There are only a couple of classes we can fight one on one and have a decent chance against. Ya ya, we do ok in mass PvP because we aren't the first target on everyone’s hit list and we can do enough dmg to get some PvP points here and there.

2) Traders are no more fragile than the majority of professions in this game. They are no more or less likely to fall over from an alpha than most other professions. The difference in HP of soldier and any other class and profession combination at the high levels is insignificant.

3) Soldiers complain about alot of classes in PvP not just traders.

4) We aren't asking to nerf a class to make us more dominant. First, we aren't dominant in anyway. Second, with small exception, the changes regarding soldiers suggested in this thread are upgrades to the soldier profession not a nerf of any other profession. In my mind, the one thing that stands out that as nerf if the AS/FA limit. Frankly, that would hurt soldiers as much as any other profession because it cuts into our alpha as well by decreasing the AS part of our alpha by 50%.

I disagree with any suggestion that the soldier profession doesn't need some fixes in both the PvM and PvP areas. Generally speaking, soldiers have been over nerf'd without Funcom factoring in the resulting imbalances. Some of these nerfs affected soldiers only (e.g. TMS nerf; ranged energy stealth nerf) and some affected all classes but soldiers especially hard because of their lack of healing ability (e.g. dmg caps, llts nerf, crit buff nerf). In PvM my observation has been that we need more fire power at the high levels (we do well until around lvl 130ish and its a gradual decline after that). In PvP There are a ton of interrelated issues, that generally apply regardless of level, such as: (i) damage caps, (ii) soldiers' inability to heal significantly, (iii) lack of good single attack skill weapons with decent attack/recharge times, (iv) huge sacrifice we have to make to achieve a modestly high nano resist skill, (v) the combined effect of 50% dmg, decreased AMS and OE from trader drains, (vi) inability to equip a gun if the one in hand goes into reload and (vi) the do or die nature of TMS and its limited application.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

yeah..

Originally posted by Johnathgalt

1) Soldiers don't have it better than most classes. There are only a couple of classes we can fight one on one and have a decent chance against. Ya ya, we do ok in mass PvP because we aren't the first target on everyone’s hit list and we can do enough dmg to get some PvP points here and there.
    Soldiers are the gods of mass pvp and as it stands right now Enforcers are best at 1v1 duel, you can not be best at everything. I dont duel enforcers in 1v1, and i am always hiding in back in mass pvp cause im always first one alpha'd. Even if you were the first target you still have mk shield to protect you. If my drains get taken away, give traders a nice damage buff so our attack ratings can be over 850 selfbuffed an a mk shield and i'll be happy :P.

Re: yeah..

Soldiers are the gods of mass pvp and as it stands right now Enforcers are best at 1v1 duel, you can not be best at everything. I dont duel enforcers in 1v1, and i am always hiding in back in mass pvp cause im always first one alpha'd. Even if you were the first target you still have mk shield to protect you. If my drains get taken away, give traders a nice damage buff so our attack ratings can be over 850 selfbuffed an a mk shield and i'll be happy :P.
    I really don't see why everyone thinks we are gods at mass PvP. Everyone at our level can alpha if they want (although traders don't need to because they have a high AMS, high level crit scope, ithaca (which btw is insanely fast and checks against duck a dark blue skill for most). Everyone in mass PvP is running around with HoTs; RRFE; Dmg Sheilds; HP buffs; etc. TMS equals almost certain death in mass PvP because unless you are hugging a zone you'll be rooted. Seriously, it gives you a couple of seconds if you are getting pounded on by a bunch of people and you cann't really alpha right after you cast because of the dam 20 second recharge. Yes its useful in some situations, but its not all that people think it is.

I don't want your drains taken away; I just want some fixes so I can compete 1 on 1. Btw, I've got maxed nano resist and fight traders on full defense. I really stand no chance against any trader remotely close to my level who has a clue as to what he/she is doing.

Additionally, I want soldiers to bet some fixes so they have more firepower in PvM.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

Re: Re: yeah..

Originally posted by Johnathgalt

I really don't see why everyone thinks we are gods at mass PvP. Everyone at our level can alpha if they want (although traders don't need to because they have a high AMS, high level crit scope, ithaca (which btw is insanely fast and checks against duck a dark blue skill for most). Everyone in mass PvP is running around with HoTs; RRFE; Dmg Sheilds; HP buffs; etc. TMS equals almost certain death in mass PvP because unless you are hugging a zone you'll be rooted. Seriously, it gives you a couple of seconds if you are getting pounded on by a bunch of people and you cann't really alpha right after you cast because of the dam 20 second recharge. Yes its useful in some situations, but its not all that people think it is.

I don't want your drains taken away; I just want some fixes so I can compete 1 on 1. Btw, I've got maxed nano resist and fight traders on full defense. I really stand no chance against any trader remotely close to my level who has a clue as to what he/she is doing.

Additionally, I want soldiers to bet some fixes so they have more firepower in PvM.
    Cosmik said that everyone wouldnt excel in all area's in the game...Check the most wanted lists and see that the majority of novices+ are soldier.

Re: Re: Re: yeah..

Cosmik said that everyone wouldnt excel in all area's in the game...Check the most wanted lists and see that the majority of novices+ are soldier.

OMG! I am so tired of ppl who don't play soldiers saying that we arn't gimped. We rock at mass pvp, and we're ok at 1on1 pvp. The fact of the matter is...we are most definately not. Johnathgalt has got it right. We are easy targets weather it is in mass pvp or one on one. And don't give me that most wanted list nonsense. Most of the sols on that list got their titles pre-tms nerf or by ganking lower levels. They certianly didn't get it from killing traders at or even near their level. Soldiers are most definately gimped, in both pvp and pvm (though not nearly as much). Though we may not be the most gimped class.....we are still gimped. And I know that we can't be good at everything, but since we are soldiers, i think combat would be one of the things that we are good at. But apparently FC has a different idea about what a soldier is good at.

Ahh feels so good to rant.......ok dont mind me. Im done.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Re: Re: Re: Re: yeah..

Originally posted by StarFury5

OMG! I am so tired of ppl who don't play soldiers saying that we arn't gimped. We rock at mass pvp, and we're ok at 1on1 pvp. The fact of the matter is...we are most definately not. Johnathgalt has got it right. We are easy targets weather it is in mass pvp or one on one. And don't give me that most wanted list nonsense. Most of the sols on that list got their titles pre-tms nerf or by ganking lower levels. They certianly didn't get it from killing traders at or even near their level. Soldiers are most definately gimped, in both pvp and pvm (though not nearly as much). Though we may not be the most gimped class.....we are still gimped. And I know that we can't be good at everything, but since we are soldiers, i think combat would be one of the things that we are good at. But apparently FC has a different idea about what a soldier is good at.

Ahh feels so good to rant.......ok dont mind me. Im done.
    Noob.....I have played a soldier before im not speaking from no experience. They are undoubtedly the gods of mass pvp. Ask any high lvl soldier. your pvm isnt the best but you cant be good at everything.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast