Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Mini-series based on Rimor

hurray.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Based on Gus' feedback I will need to do a partial re-write of Part 5 (and possibly a complete re-write of Part 6) to portray him and the BoI accurately in all fairness.

This will slow down things a bit, but I rather do it right than just put out something which does not represent Rimor roleplayers properly.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Part 5 is officially published at AOU!

Part 6 is almost done, will need Gus again to check it sometime this week. I was hoping to get it out June for the 10th year anniversary, but I got really busy with RL.

Is there any chance of another Part? Not meaning to post out of context just curious and also are you making another mini series? I would love to be in even a supporting or a background role in a Series that has a storyline talking IC at random times is not enough really. Once again, sorry if this out of context and all but I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by halohitman View Post
    Is there any chance of another Part? Not meaning to post out of context just curious and also are you making another mini series? I would love to be in even a supporting or a background role in a Series that has a storyline talking IC at random times is not enough really. Once again, sorry if this out of context and all but I am just curious.
    Well, the first mini-series (Unicorn's Shadows) took me a while to do, and was based on what I thought would happen when the AI expansion would be released, and fortunately I nailed it (with the Unicorns becoming part of the game itself and not just part of the storyline). I also wanted to mix it up with my own character's family history to close a chapter in the original character I created when I started AO by sort of killing him off. In other words, I was writing based on my characters point of view mixed with some storyline info and lucky guessing.

With this second mini-series, the challenge was much greater. I didn't really know the Rimor characters or their background stories when i asked for volunteers for the mini-series. I knew I had a basic plot, and from there some side plots. To take someone's character who I got to assume is a serious enough roleplayer that he won't want his person misrepresented and put him in a position in the story which doesn't only fit the storyline/plot but also fits the personality of the character... it's work.

Also I've always been clan, and having to create scenes from an omni perspective where we the clanners are the bad guys... not pleasant for me, heh.

I'm not sure if I would do another Rimor mini-series to be honest. It would be far more likely that I would write one based on my own server's RP Community since the first mini-series took place there and it has been several years since I wrote it.

Another thing that I feel I have to say, is that the RP Community in AO is dwindling, and they are the main target readers for my mini-series. I could do other things to help the Community which probably would be easier for me to accomplish.

Right now, I want to finish this well overdue project representing the Rimor roleplayers in the best way possible in-Character.

I'd recommend stop making them so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by protozo View Post
    I'd recommend stop making them so boring.
    Did someone put a gun to your head and force you to read stories you don't like?

No?

Then move on.

Been reading trough them and i must say i like them very much *grins*

I've increased my AO gaming time, which allowed me to get more into the groove when writing Part 6. Which of course, made me realize that I had given... too much of a spotlight to a certain Omni Captain, and not enough to his subordinates, so I had to change things a bit.

Part 6, 3/4 done, still working on the last 1/4, then PM a copy to someone to see if I got their personality and his friends right, and then if approved... probably published early next week.

ACK! Part 6 is ready for Gus to review but... he seems to have turned off his PM's so I can't send him a copy for him to look at!

considering it has been some time since I have even seen him online in the game......not surprising.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Gus has already shrunken back into rk4, im willing to bet. He hasn't logged in for quite some time. I'll poke him again on FB.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Watched.

As the player of Skribblez and Bubba, let me know what you need from me, and when.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

If you need anything from me just PM. Cora is stuck in a crashloop so i can't log in. I've emailed twice, and spent ages in petition on a few days and no one wants to free her
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    If you need anything from me just PM. Cora is stuck in a crashloop so i can't log in. I've emailed twice, and spent ages in petition on a few days and no one wants to free her
    Try sending a PM to someone in ARK that knows you and see if there is a GM online.

Watched - Yes Shattered Dreams is active.. and so am I. Very actually. :P

If you'd like to chat about the use of Falikos that'd be great. You can find me on AO but I'd recommend emailing me. (As I only check PMs every week or two) I will PM you my address and if you want me to email anything to Gus I can do that.

-Fali
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Try sending a PM to someone in ARK that knows you and see if there is a GM online.
    I've dropped Kintaii a line, hopefully he's not too busy to help!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast