Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Mini-series based on Rimor

First post updated, 2 more roles filled!

If you want your characters included in the mini-series, just post here!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Since you did a pretty awesome job thus far, and this is for the positive exposure of Rimor, then I guess it couldn't hurt too much to add Skribblez then.

If you have ever read the novel Clan of the Cave Bear, You can see very much the basis of how I began to envision him. I often compare him to the role of the Mog-ur. Throw in some classical shaman dogma, combined with the mystical practices of almost any tradition, and you got him easy. I dunno if you had any plans to show any of that, but thats the niche that Skribblez speaks from.

You know where to find me if you have any specific questions. =) As before, I am very much looking forward to seeing this creativeness play out.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Feb 6th, 2009 at 22:36:06.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

There is something I've had in mind for a few days now.

I would assume that AO players, at least like sci-fi a little. So what if I was to implements a bit of a twist on RL sci fi that roleplayers in the story like?

For example, lets say that the player behind Gustavis is a Battlestar Galactica fan, then maybe I can casually add a line to his dialogue like "Did you see the last episode of Battleship Galactika? Commander Udama shot that Toaster!" for example. Of course this is JUST an idea. A little tip of the hat to the great sci fi stuff out there, in tv shows, movies and books.

So, good idea? not so good idea? Feedback please!
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Can I be the female investigator?

Leia "Darksmile" Dau - Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation
    Techno "Calamite" Witch -- 220/22 soli crat
    Hbar -- 220/28 nano NT
    Electropanic -- 170/17 opi NT
    Insanenomore - 174/17 soli engi
    Darksmile -- 220/21 nano enf
    Drifting -- 150/8 nano MP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    got more, but don't remember their names

I am a huge fan of John Crichton from Farscape. I think it would be absolutely hilarious to add some of my favourite lines from that show.

Crichton: "Tell em who their daddy is, Dargo."
    Dargo (sneering): "I'm your daddy..."

God i miss that show Amongst my nerd herd in my town, if there were ever two humans representing the human race in any sci fi genre, our picks would have to be Crichton and Jack O'Neil from Stargate. Naturally, when Ben Browder and Claudia Black showed up, it was like I had gotten a birthday wish. Very entertaining.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Calamite View Post
    Can I be the female investigator?

Leia "Darksmile" Dau - Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation
    Consider it done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I am a huge fan of John Crichton from Farscape. I think it would be absolutely hilarious to add some of my favourite lines from that show.

Crichton: "Tell em who their daddy is, Dargo."
    Dargo (sneering): "I'm your daddy..."

God i miss that show Amongst my nerd herd in my town, if there were ever two humans representing the human race in any sci fi genre, our picks would have to be Crichton and Jack O'Neil from Stargate. Naturally, when Ben Browder and Claudia Black showed up, it was like I had gotten a birthday wish. Very entertaining.
    I rather not use source quotes, but just name of the source itself and the slightly changing the name (copyright issues and all). Farscape... hmm, "Scapefar" space action adventure holo on the gridnet? Dargo can be Fargo and Crichton can be Kreiton... how about that?

Starscape?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Starscape?
    Noted!

Quick update.

Mini-series will have some images to give a semi-graphic novel look. The idea comes from the fact that I'll be using Paint Shop Pro to sorta "implement" some visuals like when Oscar Reyes places the chip and when the two atroxes are in Neuters 'R Us.

The limit is 2-3 images for each part, no more.

And for those who have asked when part 2 is coming out, I will pull a "Means" on you... "when it's ready".

Heh.

Have a great weekend all!

Exclamation

Update.

I just finished AO Comic - Chapter 4: Rimor Edition, and also did a short project called Create your own little AO Comic!.

I will be taking a break, about a week or so, then continue with this mini-series. I'm pretty worn out from the comic and I need a breather.

Thanks to everyone who has helped and supported me!

Project is on hold. Thanks to all the rimoreans who worked with me so far.

I can be patient, hehe. *nibbles on a cookie*
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Due to ongoing AOU Projects (mainly the AOU MOD Beta) I won't be continuing the mini-series this month.

May however, looks very good to keep this story going. Would love to see some more roleplayers sign up for a cameo so I can try and capture their personality and add some more ****e to the story.
    Last edited by Windguaerd; May 3rd, 2009 at 18:03:30.

Ok, I'll have time this month to continue this project. I should (god willing) have Part 2 sometime this coming week.

Thanks to everyone who PM'ed me to "remind" me about it, heh.

What happens when you set yourself a goal to hit ai30 on three 220 toons and then also finish research on your gimp agent to end all the grind?...

This is the result...

Which pretty much has stopped me from using a keyboard for longer than 1hr at a time, between helping my guild, working on plans to rebuild my old RP org, helping new/returning players and making a mini voicepack and my crazy May Goal... my wrist was in pain for a week and even though I took aspirin to finish the ai30 part of my insane plan while trying to finish the research on my old agent it just got to a point I couldn't use the keyboard anymore.

The grind took longer than expected, and I stretched myself too much and I even played for 18hrs during a weekend so right now I'm taking it easy,

I have not forgotten about this project, and now that the AOU MOD Project is finished and the Timeline Project is going forward at a decent pace I will do my best to finish Part 2 of the series.

To be honest I had hit a wall in the middle of May regarding where to take the story which got me to grind even more axp, bleh.

I didn't forget you Rimor.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    What happens when you set yourself a goal to hit ai30 on three 220 toons and then also finish research on your gimp agent to end all the grind?...
    The need to cover up hairy palms? OMG dude, you're doing it all wrong!
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Good news, it's 7:45AM in the morning and I got about 1/2 of Part 2 completed. It was hard to visualize the story but I did it.

It should give readers a good idea as to why Oscar betrayed the corporation. However just as one thing leads to another, a snowball downhill can turn into an avalanche.

I will be giving a preview to some rimoreans to get feedback before part 2 is finished and published.

First post updated. 2 New NPC's added to the story:

Jennifer Reyes - Omni Female Citizen - Wife of Oscar Reyes (NPC)
    Joss - Neutral Male Criminal - Runs his business from Baboons. (NPC)

Joss is my nod to Joss Whedon, one of my favorite sci-fi writer/director/producer.

Finished Part 2, gonna send a copy to a few rimoreans for feedback now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast