Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Mini-series based on Rimor

Talking [OOC] Mini-series based on Rimor

Hello everyone, it's Windguaerd from AO Universe (yes, again).

Currently I have a few projects focused on Rimor

One is the AO Comic Chapter 4: Rimor Edition which will feature RP orgs and roleplayers from Rimor.

Another is writing a story arc for roleplayers, I haven't started that project yet but so far the reaction to the idea has been positive.

Edit: Comic is finished and fully released. Sorry but the story arc idea has been scratched for the time being.

Tonight I started another project, a mini-series (like my previous mini-series Unicorn's Shadows, written in 2003 before the Unicorn Company landed on RK).

I will use the same format as I did with "Unicon's Shadows" with different points of views and things happening at once. Hopefully it will work out as it did in US.

Here is the concept:

Sworn to Secrecy

"Two Omni-Pol officers cover up an incident to save the family honor of a fallen friend who died selling classified information to the clans. Omni-Admin's investigation forces them to create a lie that becomes so big, that it may consume them both."

I'd love to include some "cameos" in the mini-series (sorta like including roleplayers in the new AO Comic) so if you're a roleplayer who would like to be in the mini-series, write a small bio about the character(s) you would allow me to include in the story.

Part 5 is finished and I'm working on Part 6, and it will probably have 8-10 parts and maybe an epilogue.

Each Part once released will be announced at the front page of AO Universe and in this thread.

==========================

Current Cast (pretty much the roles I have in mind so far):

Agustin Acevedo - Borealis Male Solitus Omni-Pol Guard (NPC)
    Anonymous - Borealis Atrox Omni-Pol Guard - Partner of Agustin Acevedo, they don't get along (NPC)

Lone "Flynicist" Wolf - Borealis Male Omni-Pol Guard (Roleplayer)

Oscar Reyes - Omni-Pol Solitus Officer - Sold info to the clans, officially killed in the line of duty(NPC)
    Jennifer Reyes - Omni Female Citizen - Wife of Oscar Reyes (NPC)
    Juan Robles - Omni-Pol Solitus Officer - Friend of Oscar Reyes (NPC)
    Franco Robles - Omni-Pol Solitus Officer - Brother of Juan and friend of Oscar Reyes (NPC)
    Jonathan Leisner - Omni-Pol Solitus Officer - Superior of Oscar Reyes (NPC)
    Omni-Pol Male Officer #2 - Served with Oscar Reyes, up for grabs (NPC)

Lieutenant Ricardo Uribe - Omni-Pol Internal Security Division, Chief Investigator of the death of Oscar Reyes, suspects the deceased to be traitor to the company (NPC)
    Sergeant Jayson Nerkath - Omni- Pol Internal Security Division (NPC)

Captain Darius "Gustavis" Caesar - Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation Division, Male Investigator #1 (Roleplayer)
    Sergeant "Suppressive" Jackson - Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation Division, Male Investigator #2 (Roleplayer)
    Leia "Darksmile" Dau - Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation Division, Female Investigator #3 (Roleplayer)

Nailea Norvind - Omni-Tek Female Employee - Informant (NPC)
    Omni-Tek Male Employee #1 - Targeted for interrogation, up for grabs (Roleplayer)
    Omni-Tek Male Employee #2 - Targeted for interrogation (NPC)

Anderral - Omni-Tek Female Employee #1 - Short appearance, to direct the investigators to a location. (Roleplayer)
    Omni-Tek Male Employee #3 - Comic relief, a jokester who gets arrested for making a bad joke at the expense of the Chief Investigator (NPC)

Joss - Neutral Male Criminal - Runs his business from Baboons. (NPC)
    Falikos- Neutral Female Citizen #1- Targeted for arrest, interrogation (NPC)
    Skribblez - Neutral Atrox Citizen #2 - Targeted for arrest, interrogation (Roleplayer)

Neutral Male Citizen #3 - Targeted for arrest, interrogation, up for grabs (NPC)

William Levy - Clan Male Citizen - Targeted for arrest, interrogation(NPC)
    Nulion - Clan Male Citizen #1 - Targeted for arrest, interrogation (Roleplayer)
    Clan Male Citizen #2 - Targeted for arrest, interrogation, up for grabs (NPC)
    Clan Male Citizen #3 - Targeted for arrest, interrogation, up for grabs (NPC)

Bubbacrush - Clan Male Citizen #4 - Targeted for arrest, interrogation. Person who bought the information from Oscar Reyes (Roleplayer)
    Clan Female Citizen #5 - Targeted for arrest, interrogation, up for grabs (NPC)

Organizations Involved in the Story:

Omni-Pol Bureau of Investigation (Omni-Tek)
    The Pain Dealers (Omni-Tek)

Shattered Dreams (Neutral)
    Rubi-ka Bounty Hunters (Clan)
    Alpha Omega (Clan)

UPDATES

Feb 3, 2009 - Part 1 is officially published at AOU!

June 11, 2009 - Part 2 is officially published at AOU!

June 17, 2009 - Part 3 is officially published at AOU!

July 28, 2009 - Part 4 is officially published at AOU!

April 26, 2011 - Part 5 is officially published at AOU!

January 20, 2012 - Part 6 is officially published at AOU!
    Last edited by Windguaerd; Jan 30th, 2012 at 16:12:00.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

You're really going all out for stuff on Rimor, eh? Hehe...a good thing, if you ask me. Thanks for the gesture

I'm also interested in this...though may need to know more first.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Nulion View Post
    You're really going all out for stuff on Rimor, eh? Hehe...a good thing, if you ask me. Thanks for the gesture

I'm also interested in this...though may need to know more first.
    Ok, let's see, I think featuring RP omnis as part of the "Investigation Team" would fit (not as the main investigator, that will be... uh, an NPC, heh).

Neut RP can probably be used as "fodder" as the investigators "question" people who may know information about the case.

Clan RP certainly would fit since... "selling classified information to the clans", so the investigators would be hunting down some clanners to squeeze info from them as well.

Anything with a person's name on it would receive a preview copy for approval, yes this would slow down releases as more people get involved, but it would guarantee an accurate behavior of roleplaying rimor characters in the mini-series.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

I have no problem being the clan person people were selling information to. In fact, this already does happen in game already to some extent.

Current reasons I do this IG is to track and predict unicorn movements, so that any team or group under my command stays out of contact range. One of the neutral groups I admin is the Outland Rangers. Since that organization is so small and isn't powerful enough to challenge anything larger than itself, its important to him that the Rangers and the Unicorns never meet out in the wilderness. Its to protect them. If you need to take that as something thinly veiled as 'terrorist' you can easily say that Bubba does not offer that reason openly either. "You're on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know." sorta attitude. The less anyone knows about how the Rangers get their safe passages, the better. To those that would only see how it can be used against Omni-tek, this would be the perfect excuse (as long as they didn't see the details, or DID in fact see any detail to be a threat to the company.. after all, who trusts a dirty clanner in the eyes of the company?)

=)
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I have no problem being the clan person people were selling information to. In fact, this already does happen in game already to some extent.

Current reasons I do this IG is to track and predict unicorn movements, so that any team or group under my command stays out of contact range. One of the neutral groups I admin is the Outland Rangers. Since that organization is so small and isn't powerful enough to challenge anything larger than itself, its important to him that the Rangers and the Unicorns never meet out in the wilderness. Its to protect them. If you need to take that as something thinly veiled as 'terrorist' you can easily say that Bubba does not offer that reason openly either. "You're on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know." sorta attitude. The less anyone knows about how the Rangers get their safe passages, the better. To those that would only see how it can be used against Omni-tek, this would be the perfect excuse (as long as they didn't see the details, or DID in fact see any detail to be a threat to the company.. after all, who trusts a dirty clanner in the eyes of the company?)

=)
    Interesting, hmm.. that was going to be princial role and not really for a RP, but I see that it does fit the aspects of the role. Not too overstated, secretive and "shadowy" if that is even a word, but yeah you fit the profile of the "buyer". I'll see what I can do and modify my original idea to get it to work. Thanks.

First post slightly updated.

Of all those things, about the only one that Nuli as a character would really fit is as a Clan Citizen being interrogated, which I never have a problem with; it's happened so many times in the past, hehe. Not to mention, Nulion is probably one of the kind of people you'd *want* to go to and interrogate, being openly a part of the CoT...not to mention, he makes a lot of dumb mistakes which tend to land him in such situations.

...man, if I had a nickel for every time that's happened...

I'd have what, a quarter?

...However, Nuli probably would not have actually been involved in receiving stolen information, it's not really his style. If he were to be arrested, it would be because he was suspected, but not actually guilty.
    Last edited by Nulion; Jan 24th, 2009 at 23:03:21.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Please don't include any of my characters as "fodder". Thank you.
    Anamelle Marecki, adventurer, leader of Lumen Orien
    Llesa Varela, MP
    Alossa Laurence, beaurocrat, director of Newland News
    Erissen Altaire, doctor
    Vektria Ervasse, fixer
    Daeranne Smith, engineer, Last Ditch Academy scientist
    Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Anamelle View Post
    Please don't include any of my characters as "fodder". Thank you.
    Well someone needs to get shot, heh. Not die, just shot at.

Kewl, all my omni-pol armor may be used to something useful at last
    I'm able to take the role of any of these officier / guards, and if those are already taken, any other role can make it ;D
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

First post updated, still need more roles to be filled (otherwise I'll have to go with NPC's, heh).

Working on Part 1 of the story, will use temp names for those who would be omni-pol guards, most of them are in part 1.

First post updated and...

Part 1 is finished, go check it out and post here with feedback please!

Oooh...already finished Part 1, eh? Fast! *reads*

EDIT: Yay for Bubba! Hehe...I think you got Bubba's personality very much intact there. He does act like that, always taking responsibility and such. Very nicely done! Looking forward to more installments!
    Last edited by Nulion; Feb 4th, 2009 at 18:38:04.

Oooh...already finished Part 1, eh? Fast! *reads*

EDIT: Yay for Bubba! Hehe...I think you got Bubba's personality very much intact there. He does act like that, always taking responsibility and such. Very nicely done! Looking forward to more installments!
    Thanks, I had uploaded a version with typos and not the final version without typos, that is fixed. No changes in the story.

=) Yeah I thought he did a pretty decent job too. I did say, that Bubba could pretty much play himself lol. Good stuff so far, I am looking forward to future additions!
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

=) Yeah I thought he did a pretty decent job too. I did say, that Bubba could pretty much play himself lol. Good stuff so far, I am looking forward to future additions!
    Working on Part 2. So far you will probably appear again after Part 3. Still would like to have more rimoreans in the story.

Meanwhile... doing a 3rd secret Rimor project, which surprisingly is 80% complete after staying up until 3AM. Will let you know what it is if things go well.

I'd offer up on Skribblez being cast in your story as well, but he's truly neutral in terms of political standpoint, and if bubba is the green side of easy to pick up, skribblez would be the hardest. It's even tough on me sometimes.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Got a question, Wind...What's with all the Rimor projects? Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking them

Just curious what got you wanting to do some things for the "other server", especially considering RK1 and RK2 don't really seem to communicate that much, at least as far as RP goes.

Good luck on the next parts though

I'd offer up on Skribblez being cast in your story as well, but he's truly neutral in terms of political standpoint, and if bubba is the green side of easy to pick up, skribblez would be the hardest. It's even tough on me sometimes.
    Well if is a neut, he can be one of the people arrested at random, one of omni's wonderful techniques... if you don't know where to look, grab everyone.

Got a question, Wind...What's with all the Rimor projects? Don't get me wrong, I'm really liking them

Just curious what got you wanting to do some things for the "other server", especially considering RK1 and RK2 don't really seem to communicate that much, at least as far as RP goes.

Good luck on the next parts though
    I won't lie, the main purpose at the start was to promote Rubi-Ka Times, then I made my... ehem... mistake, and I felt that a bad start needed to be rectified.

This is what I do best, I can do RP related projects because I've been doing it for years, just not on Rimor.

Now if I was to put what I've done in RK1, and what I'm doing with RK2 on a balance... what I'm doing is maybe 5% if that, of what I've done over there.

I'm doing what I can with the time limit I currently have to do as much as possible to fit in, and at the same time contribute in my own ways.

Writing this mini-series is fun, a bit more time consuming than I expected, but fun. The secret project was sorta of a spinoff idea from the AO Comic which I haven't started yet (but will do this weekend, I promise to at least have the cover page done). Oh an the secret project is now 100% complete, now it depends on others if to accept it and use it, if not it will be published at AO Universe (not both at the same time, it will be an exclusive for one or the other).

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast