These might be old bugs, but it doesn't hurt to remind FunCom.

Zoning over water in a yalmaha or any type of morphed form makes the character move extremely slow upon zoning. I was flying into Upper Stret East in my yalmaha with my team following me in their Yalmahas. Upon zoning we were all in the water with our yalmahas going extremely slow. Luckily there were no enhanced sharks in the vicinity so we made it land quickly. Unequiping the yalmahas and reequiping them in the water didn't help.

The second time we did this I decided to morph everyone into reets (for the +200 swimming ability) hoping that the zone wouldn't cause another bug. Zoned and yup, Reets with our feet in the water travelling extremely slow. This time the sharks got us.

Also, sometimes for no apparent reason I'll zone and take fall damage depending on how high up I was before zoning.

I understand that a coordinate system for players is needed (X,Y,Z) to estabilsh location. It always seems that the X, and Y coordinates are correct with the new X, and Y coords on zoning, but not the Z. In other words if I zone west on the north part of the Greater Tir zone in my yalmaha at an altitude of 100m, I appear on the NE part of Varmint Woods on the ground.

So my question is, why is the altitude set to 0 upon zoning when your are flying? And why can't you fly over the walls of a city and zone that way? Sometimes I'd like to avoid all the lag at a city's gate and just zone over the wall (at the correct altitude).

Also, altitude is set to 0 if you crash while in a yalmaha. A complete crash, not a crash to desktop. I was taking a friend on a tour of Deep Artery valley when all of the sudden he crashes in mid flight. When logged back on he was in the water below in his yalmaha and couldn't fly. He was travelling very slowly like the Zone bug I described above. Well Lo and Behold a Quake Lizard relieved him of his frustration as soon as he got near land.

We haven't been back to DAV since.