Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hi Means

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    How long have you been playing this game? Metaing -is- that stupid. Dude's utterly clueless in regards to anything that's related to PvP. PvM too prolly, but iccl about that
    that's a great way to get AS in your symbs crattey :P

slag off the devs!

now, are you gonna let agents whine more than crats?

go make some threads!

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    We have the same problem here, there are no "overwhelming circumstantial evidence" pointing more in one direction than the other. That is why a clear official answer would be nice.
    On the pro-side:

1. Soldiers have always had CH blockers
    2. FC is aware that RI blocks CH, and haven't said anything about it being a bug.
    3. RI is placed in the CH line with the highest stacking order
    4. Metaing stated that: "since nobody from FC have said it is bugged, you should assume it is working as intended"

On the con-side:

1. The description doesn't say anything about the CH-blocking features of RI.

Honestly, I don't play agent nor soldier, so I'm just an outsider looking at the facts, and to me it seems likely that FC doesn't consider it a bug atm.

Whether the nano is balanced or not is something entirely different, and not a discussion I have any say in.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    Funny, I don't recall seeing Metaing post anything on this issue.

This is how trolls make bull shot fact for the lynch mob.
    Well believe it, sorry guys, but Metaing sent me a tell just to prove that s/he did say just that. However, do not be discouraged by the existence of it because:

1) We still have valid reason to ask for the cast and/or recharge time to be adjusted; a point that many Agents have been fighting for awhile to get already seeing as removing RI (or stopping it from blocking CH) would probably be impossible.

2) We can still argue that blocking CH is to much, even Working as Intended things have been changed due to player input

The trolls will try to use the quote as some I Win button in this ongoing debate but really the only thing it does is take away the one small argument some used that this nano is bugged or an exploit (you know who you are ), nothing more. We can still ask for changes to be made to it, we just can't say that changes need to be made because it's doing something wrong.

In the end, it's not a big lose
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    On the pro-side:

2. FC is aware that RI blocks CH, and haven't said anything about it being a bug.
    4. Metaing stated that: "since nobody from FC have said it is bugged, you should assume it is working as intended"

On the con-side:

On the pro-side:

On the con-side:

2. The two real CH blockers have a 4 sec. recharge time. RI has 1 sec.
    3. They block by using "On Use Target Resistance Complete heal 200%" not stacking order
    4. RI actually has a lower stacking order than the two CH blockers. (meaning that the CH blockers will cancel RI. If RI was an improvement to the CH block line, it should be higher)
    5. FunCom very seldom comments on anything. Mostly bugs are just in the patch-notes when they are fixed.

QL 90 CH blocker: stacking order 5.
    QL 180 CH blocker: stacking order 6.
    QL 200 RI: Stacking order 4.

Please consider all data

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

The two real CH blockers have a 4 sec. recharge time. RI has 1 sec.
    I don't see proof in that, I see a balance discussion. GTH is also significantly more powerful than any other nano drain available to traders both in recharge and duration, and you haven't heard people screming "BUG" over that. There's been quite a few balance discussions about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky
    FunCom very seldom comments on anything. Mostly bugs are just in the patch-notes when they are fixed.
    With that argumentation you can argue anything in the game is a bug.

I'll grant you the rest though, I'd just forgotten them, my bad
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Completely irrelevant. By this argument, ENSD is bugged, as is GTH
    3. They block by using "On Use Target Resistance Complete heal
    200%" not stacking order
    Already covered in another post. You cannot reasonably expect Dev A from eons ago to do things the same way as Dev B who works at FC now. If my sole goal is to get drunk, it doesn't matter if I achieve it via beer or vodka, so long as the end result is the same.
    4. RI actually has a lower stacking order than the two CH blockers. (meaning that the CH blockers will cancel RI. If RI was an improvement to the CH block
    line, it should be higher)
    So then RI should have stacking order 7? Which would change nothing in regards to the zomgz CH block complaint.
    5. FunCom very seldom comments on anything. Mostly bugs are just in the patch-notes when they are fixed.
    Well now they have.
    Please consider all data
    Please consider RELEVANT data
    Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Kind Regards
    Hacre
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

To be fair Hacre, relevance is a matter of opinion
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

ok with the sheer abundance of supidity over this nano in the last week, im fairly sure it will be mentioned in friday with means, how about instead of arguing, you all wait another hour untill means posts "workng as intended" in his weekly blog spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    ok with the sheer abundance of supidity over this nano in the last week, im fairly sure it will be mentioned in friday with means, how about instead of arguing, you all wait another hour untill means posts "workng as intended" in his weekly blog spot.
    He didn't, now what?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    He didn't, now what?
    He didnt have to because Metaing already said that its working as intended *yawns*
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

i think that was just one of your kinky dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    He didnt have to because Metaing already said that its working as intended *yawns*
    Yes Metaing did say that but that doesn't just mean it has to stay as is. We have always been allowed to argue for a change, to things working as intended or not. The only thing that Metaing's statement does is remove the small argument that some used that the nano was a bug or exploit; it doesn't make you (Soldiers) win, it doesn't make the nano fair, nor does it mean that the nano cannot still be changed.
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

I'm getting sick of seing RI threads.

That official response isn't an answer to the question though.

Imagine this scenario:

Child: "Mom, can I have a cookie?"
    Mom: "Did your father say it's ok?"
    Child: "Well, he didn't say no, so that's like saying yes."

That's essentially the answer I got. I mean, to me it looks like Metaing doesn't have the authority to give an official answer, and so passed the judgement to the higher ups and stamped it with the FunCom trademark saying of "working as intended."

Now, don't confuse this with me saying I don't want it to block CH. The nanos effects are fine as they are, but need an adjusted recharge in my opinion.
    Last edited by SultryVoltron; Jan 23rd, 2009 at 23:08:53.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

ooo this RI thread survived the cull to.....forum mods to battlestations.
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Moldark View Post
    ooo this RI thread survived the cull to.....forum mods to battlestations.
    Ya it's cause only whine threads made by trolls got deleted
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

So all of them then...damn i was enjoying arguing with lup as well.

Was quite refreshing
    220Solja/213Engi/174Fixer/210Ady/165nt/150Advy/150MA/146Keeper+a lot of lowbies.

"You two will get on like a house on fire" ever been in a burning house?

"All your dreams will come true" remember some of your dreams do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Moldark View Post
    So all of them then...damn i was enjoying arguing with lup as well.

Was quite refreshing
    Yeah, it was hilarious to read some of the totally sig worth agent myths you came up with.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Obvious mistake in the description.

That's why it's an improvement.

3. They block by using "On Use Target Resistance Complete heal 200%" not stacking order
    Actually, it's a pro - even further proof that it's working as intended, instead of a copy/paste bug from the other CH blockers.

4. RI actually has a lower stacking order than the two CH blockers. (meaning that the CH blockers will cancel RI. If RI was an improvement to the CH block line, it should be higher)
    Doesn't matter, considering they block CH differently. Also proof that it's intended and not a copy/paste error.

So the only thing we should hear about RI is "fixed description."

Please consider all data
    I just did.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Means doesn't deal with details.. RI is a detail.

But he said the overall profession balance will be reviewed.

So.. yah. Hopefully everything will be reviewd.. RI like...everything else.

Ocene you know what's super impressive. How you got that ql 300 ai eye in. Sick man and gratz. Now that's an accomplishment.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast