Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hi Means

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I never said Soldiers shouldn't have a CH blocker.

However, like GTH, the current incarnation is too much of a no brainer.

For example, my Crat's best init debuff has a heavy nano cost and is cast capped. It isn't spammable.

It isn't necessarily the power of the new debuffs that bugs me, it's their duration and ease of use.
    I'm the first guy that is against RI. I'd like to see it nerfed. But not RI alone. Along with RI, are several retarded nanos that bring no joy to the game and push people to look in the MMORPG.com news for what's next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    I agree with that, I don't say agents are OP versus soldiers.. or that soldiers suck in pvp. Soldiers don't suck in pvp, soldier are bloody awesome in pvp, and so are agents.

Agents have however this ability to TMS in front on a trader.. and not be bothered by Borrow Reflects.
    Agents can run NSD against a soldier. They can CH on a double/triple etc. etc. etc.

It's makes them multiverse, which is good, it was the intention in my opinion, and the new FPable nanos confirm it. No problem there.
    But at the same time, yes, it puts them at the top when played right. And yes, other than NTs, and some awesome advys, and 1 shade (nerf Babek), agents have the top kills, then comes soldiers.
    Dude....

I dont know what else to sayother than maybe it's time you take a break.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

lol how often do u see a tl7 agent that can do serious damage to u TMS O.o

Dear diary

Mood, apathetic

I don't know if there's any agents out there who actually agrees on me on this but what the hell.

When you compare all the other debuffs that FC have been spewing out since LE and LoX the most balanced one is in fact.. RI.

Why? Because AMS is one of their main defenses and by attempting to land RI he's forced to actually put himself in a very vuulnerable position. It's not like they got a ton of static defense (excluding reflects ) and they would have a hard time killing you alone even with RI running if you ever decide to flee.

It's like they're turning this game into one freaking dice roll where all you have to do is memorize what debuffs you have at your disposal and which ones are used against the profession of your choice. Did it land? Ok, then you're 90% on your way to total annihilation.

PS! Fears (Knockbacks) What the hell were you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
    I don't know if there's any agents out there who actually agrees on me on this but what the hell.

When you compare all the other debuffs that FC have been spewing out since LE and LoX the most balanced one is in fact.. RI.

Why? Because AMS is one of their main defenses and by attempting to land RI he's forced to actually put himself in a very vuulnerable position. It's not like they got a ton of static defense (excluding reflects ) and they would have a hard time killing you alone even with RI running if you ever decide to flee.

It's like they're turning this game into one freaking dice roll where all you have to do is memorize what debuffs you have at your disposal and which ones are used against the profession of your choice. Did it land? Ok, then you're 90% on your way to total annihilation.

PS! Fears (Knockbacks) What the hell were you thinking?
    That's all well and good, however you don't seem to realise just how much punishment a well equipped Soldier can take without needing to AMS.

That's why there's an issue with RI being spammable. Any Soldier can easily spam RI until they have just enough nano left to cast AMS while an Agent is "pounding" on them.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

RI = one foot in the grave...

Soldiers have always had the ability to stop an agent from ching...so honestly...

Why are people still discussing this...

I don't get it...

The game is the way it is...it has been the same way....

If it was a new addition to the game ok complain...BUT IT'S BEEN AROUND FOR ABOUT AS LONG AS I HAVE

kthxbye

You're owner...
    ~HeXcUsE~
    [Team] Nautys: Oh crap! there's bout 6 clams inc. all orange names to me ***team kills 3, others flee***
    [Team] Nautys: U not on team-window, Hex..
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner1>
    [Team] Hexous: Oh s**t! Im dead
    [Team] Hexous: wait.. no im not ***brief pause***
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner2>
    [Team] Hexous: other one got away =/ ***2 minutes pass, Hex still not back***
    [Team] Nautys: Hrm.. where Hex got to now?
    [Team] Hexous: Remains of <clanner3> ...Got um
    ~~~ Hexous 220/23 Agent ~~~ Yes...your daddys in The Untouchables

http://www.theuntouchables.ru/

Quote Originally Posted by hexone View Post

Soldiers have always had the ability to stop an agent from ching...so honestly...

I don't get it...

If it was a new addition to the game ok complain...BUT IT'S BEEN AROUND FOR ABOUT AS LONG AS I HAVE

kthxbye

You're owner...
    ~HeXcUsE~
    For a guy that claims to know so much, you really don't know much at all.

Did you hit your head when you tripped over your epeen?
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by agentgimpy View Post
    For a guy that claims to know so much, you really don't know much at all.

Did you hit your head when you tripped over your epeen?
    He's actually 100% correct this time.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    He's actually 100% correct this time.
    No, he is not.

1. RI is not = OFitG.

OFitG has a 120% nano resist check 8 second attack time and 4 second recharge. RI has only 90% nano resist check 3 second attack and 1 second recharge. Hardly the same thing at all.

2. While a CH blocker is not new, RI is a reletively new evil that targets ONLY ONE PROFESSION IN EFFECTIVENESS!! and has not been around as long as what's-his-name. OFitG patch 14.71 ....RI patch 17.3

So no, he is not 100% correct.

If they meant it to be an upgrade to OFitG then the nano resist change and maybe 6 second attack and 3 second recharge would have been plenty of upgrade. What we have now is a complete screw up.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

No, he is not.

1. RI is not = OFitG.

OFitG has a 120% nano resist check 8 second attack time and 4 second recharge. RI has only 90% nano resist check 3 second attack and 1 second recharge. Hardly the same thing at all.

2. While a CH blocker is not new, RI is a reletively new evil that targets ONLY ONE PROFESSION IN EFFECTIVENESS!! and has not been around as long as what's-his-name. OFitG patch 14.71 ....RI patch 17.3

If they meant it to be an upgrade to OFitG then the nano resist change and maybe 6 second attack and 3 second recharge would have been plenty of upgrade. What we have now is a complete screw up.
    He is 100% correct.
    The nano is intended. The effect is intended. The cast and recharge are intended. They have not been changed in any way since RI showed up.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

everything is better that someone took the time to say "Yes, it's intended". Although
    some ppl say that that had already happened. I say: who cares hehehehe

RI is nothing compared to other stuff that were introduced in previous years hehe, its a
    legitimate upgrade to an already existing line and as usual FC went overboard with the 'fixing'
    again But I have to come to think of this tactic as '****ing' up the game.

Only thing I would like to see is an increase in the recharge time, so that the soldier
    actually risks something when he casts it, but I can live with the way it is now as well.
    EQB was really *really* OPed when it came out, and it took a long time for it to be fixed.
    So I cant really complain about a debuff that only affects one class hehe
    Last edited by Bloodcult; Mar 13th, 2009 at 12:34:17. Reason: clarification :P
    Submicron agent
    Bloodcult retired MP
    ---
    part of the Inner Circle family

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    That's all well and good, however you don't seem to realise just how much punishment a well equipped Soldier can take without needing to AMS.
    Can't see where/how I made you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
    It's not like they got a ton of static defense (excluding reflects )
    Anyways all I were saying was that they do indeed put themself in a vulnerable situation; Yes, they do have the ability to take on quite a beating without it but honestly it's far less than they would normally take if they had AMS up. My point being that they actually have to atleast sacrifice something. Spammable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.
    Is the HoT shutdown not suppose to be there then, or are soldiers intended to be the nemesis of 3 professions; Doc, Agent and fixer?

Quote Originally Posted by fifty50 View Post
    is the hot shutdown not suppose to be there then, or are soldiers intended to be the nemesis of 3 professions; doc, agent and fixer?
    sigh!
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by hexone View Post

I don't get it...

kthxbye

You're owner...
    ~HeXcUsE~
    Soldiers always had the ability to DENAY ANY profession from CH .. till SL

No, he is not.

1. RI is not = OFitG.

Indeed OFitG IS 120 However WITH SL came the HH@B (hint hint)

so as a last word soldiers need a better HEAL BLOCK nano that denies ANY healing on the target. Simple as that.
    ◄ Ajukusoja 220/30 | Stabby 220/24 ►
    ◄ Peyotes 165/14 | Sekacha 150/19 ►
    [All Retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    sigh!
    Hmm.. I for some reason thought this was the soldier nemesis nano, my bad.. nvm Means.
    I guess its just a versitile, spammable, debuff from and weapon focused profession.

Who cares. Give it a 1second capped cast time + 3second recharge or something.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Bump.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I'd like that. Should that be a different thread?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast