Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: The Dragon & Morgan

Asmoran, thanks for opening the Tara forum on your site. I posted the same idea there as I did here. Unfortunatly, people are lazy and not many will register to post over there... guess those that dont are content with the current system =P

Cemetarygate, the issue of Omnis... The persons that show up the most will win the most raffles (under current system), simply a matter of entering more often than others. So say one person has many items , not just one, from the hundreds of previous raids attended. If the suggestion of one of same item, per person was in effect, when the loot drops this person has the majority of items so thier odds of being able to enter the raffles decrease when compared to the new people attending raids. After a few times of spending 1-4 hours at the raids and not being able to raffle for anything, they may just give up and stop coming.

Thats great for everyone elses odds, in the short term. As time goes on, more and more people get to the point of having most of the common drops and only needing the rares. So more and more people are excluded from the raffles and get frustrated that "noobs" have a higher chance at winning loot than themselves. More people will stop showing up, giving Omnis the perfect opportunity to move in and over power the 50-75 new commers to Tara that are still elligible for most raffles.

If it were a guild of close friends, it would work. But in a system of 100+ people that dont know each other well, it breaks down because its asking people to sacrifice thier time for no tangible reward. Its just a punishment to the vets of Tara, and a great boost to those that just arrived.

Also, try and think of doing this (your suggestion) without the bot. Sometimes the bot goes down and sometimes no admins are on to even run it. I could even imagine Asmoran getting fed up with all the whining and pull the bot... I would if I made it for the good of all and got constant whining. Approx number of items per day is 10. In ten days thats about 100 people on a list with the item they won next to thier name. In one month its 300... 3 months, 900. It would be a nightmare to keep track of that many people/items over the course of a few months. With my suggestion, the maximum number of people on the list at any given time is 70 (or 100 if 10 day waiting period is used). It needs to be feasible to do it without the help of a bot.

Frakk,

Its not a bad idea, but it is an idea that requires too much effort to run effectivly. As I said in previous post, imagine trying it without the bot. About 1100 characters are in the bots list right now... that would be a list of 1100 peolpe on paper with each person sending a tell to someone to add a % each time they attended... no thanks for that job =P

Actually this was tried before. It is fair imo, too fair =P It excludes the "casual gamers". The person that can only show up once a week to Tara will get 3% (if they stay for 3 kills)... someone would always be ahead of this person in a % standing, thus they would have to wait 33 weeks to get a chance at loot! Very fair in real life, but in a game, too fair =P

As for Morgan and her loot: she was never apart of Tarabot in the begining. She just happens to have the same spawn as the large target... sucks for those low levels. If we as a collective are killing Morgan, then the low levels should be included in raffle because they have no opportunity to kill her and not be *****ed at/banned from future Tara raids.

Perhaps we could use helpbot and /tells to do Morgans loot. Most Ive seen in a TT raffle lately was 8 people. Even less in the gutting hook raffles; like 0 =P Shouldn't be too hard if someone other than the raid leader would take the responsibilty to hold that raffle.

Realy why mess with raffle system?

Its fair for everyone you come mroe often you increase your chances.

The Council and MoK 'Banned' me from Camalot a while ago.

So much for the really kind helping guild huh people.
    Just because I had my own team down there and wouldnt move.

I am tempted to move clan purely just for the loot, but this isnt me, I am omni.

Even if I did, I would lose my token board, which in generally would be a little 'self nerf - temp' till I get clan tokens, I also would have to realise the possibility of never getting loot because of who I am.

I have tried since january, back before its became super popular as it is now.

Today I stand with not one single item from that place, but I still try.

It amazes me that someone actually got dragon loot becuasr they simply hosted at chat for a few weeks.

Damn, if all I add to do was sent a requst to everyone passing the main door and get loot then wow.

But omni are trying to start acting up, if Im allowed to get in the raffle is another Question.

Server is up in 20 minutes and we will find out.

There always buying it, which again, I will need to camp all thse mobs alone and ninja or get help from these imaginary friends I have to kill them, sell, and sell, until I have alot of creds again.

I try , I try very hard, I play this game alot, day to night, in the morning, trying.. I help other people get loot but never get helped.

If the chance hit me in the face I would exploit again probably, who knows, I could try ebay :P
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

heh

can i PLEASE join one of these UBER guilds that get all the tara loot? i am not lvl 125+ yet, but i do have all the OTHER qualifications

1) I am greedy
    2) I am a prick
    3) I enjoy ruining the game for other people
    4) I like killing Omni (not that that truly matters)
    5) I like to Killsteal
    6) I am a REALLY big prick
    7) I laugh at people who are not as Uber as me
    8) I like to insult the intelligence of others
    9) I like to lie and pretend I am a REALLY nice person
    0) I am a REALLY UBER GREEDY PRICK THAT LIKES TO **** ON OTHER PEOPLES FUN

Qualifications I need to achieve

1) make lvl 125
    2) stop making posts that shove other peoples BS down thier throat
    3) Completely throw away my real life and think nothing but AO AO AO AO
    4) Make people cancel thier account due to my UBER GREEDY PRICKNESS

lmao

You people suck, your lives probably suck as well, get a grip, then again, don't. I need you for laughs, this board has become as addictive as the game. I REALLY love the anymosity the most though, it is soooo hilarious....... sometimes

edit: DO NOT keep sending flames and rude tells to Dagius on RK2. He is my boyfriend and has nothing to do with the posts I make here. If you have a problem with me, send a /tell to Shaleste on RK1. Harassment is a suspendable/bannable offense, and you can bet your ass I will try for getting you banned if you ( you know who you are) continue to send vulgar/insulting tells to him
    Last edited by Mneuromancer; Oct 11th, 2002 at 12:36:47.

*shrug*

(and frakk walks away from the shouting person, realizing; hey it is just a game.. again)

Im not a greedy prick, im not uber.

I do like to hang around in ao's enviroment whenever I am bored, not doing things like "work" and "real life matters". I have kinda cut television for ao/web news. So in overall this sums down to a couple of hrs a day.

And for tara; im just there in hopes of perhaps winning something a day, could be cool.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

You guys think that the rules are bullsh**, that the "ubber" guilds get the tara loots...

1. Without us ( lvl 125+ clanners ) omni would probably own the castle. So unless you can kill Morgan in 15sec, you could probably never get get a tool.
    So you can complain...but... Just think about the fact that if a few month ago, we did not kicked omnis of Camelot, your estimated time of life in the 25% zone would be 16sec.
    The Only rule to participate in a raid is : lvl 125+
    The mains reason are :
    - to not be 400 per raffle ( record is 106 tho ).
    - to have players that can help to defend the castle if omnis show up.
    - to have players that can use most of the items that tarasque drops.

Rules are fair to me.
    And if you don't like them, try to KS the "officials" kill team.
    -> You'll be hated by most of the clanners.
    -> You won't be able to reg on tarabot.

2. All the loots are raffled. The bot is not rigged. It picks a random name, so you don't have to be in an "ubber" guild to win something.
    I bet that you never came to Camelot Shaleste... *slaps Shaleste around a bit with a large trout*

3. About pulling lizards... It would be stupid to pull lizards while we or you are killing tarasque because they can attack us and kill our team.
    To my knowledge we only pull lizards on lvl 2 clanners who come to ninja.
    Rookie/Apprentice Loot "Cronost" Cursed - Lvl 21x Guru - General of Storm.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789