Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Dragon & Morgan

Question The Dragon & Morgan

Greetings everyone ! I will get straight to the point and just blurt this out ... Pardon me for being new to this game , But whats the deal with the dungeon in camelot ?

I ask this cause i went there the other night and had the rare chance to see Morgan leFay . I had even the rarer chance of haveing sevral people Say they would help me kill her and help me to get a device called the tortureing tool that she drops , which is an Ma only item . I didnt pass up this opertunity . I joined their team and helped to kill this Morgan , was a shame that the tool didnt drop though .

Now i hear from sevral people That some of the group who helped me got in trouble with the admin of the dungeon ? That because Morgan spawned and they didnt wait for the others and that they helped a level 86 clan Ma fight it to get the tool that they are not allowed in some sort of raffle that they hold in that dungeon .

I am sorry to those involved , i didnt mean to get you all into trouble with the Admins . All i wanted was to have fun and you did that for me . It was a greet fight and i enjoyed seeing Morgan . Unfortunatly i am told that i am Banned by the Admin of the Dungeon and that because i am level 86 i am not allowed to perticipate in any raffles nor get the Tortureing tool . I am sorry Truuth that you got into trouble with the guilds there for trying to stick up for the right to hunt there ( though i heard your metthod was quiet unorthadox )

Now that i have wrote my appoligys to all who were involved and stuck up for me , May i pls get the " rules" for perticipateing in this dungeon ?

There are no rules , People ( from what i can see ) are just greedy . If you are not in the uber guilds then you have no right to hunt there , the plain blunt truuth of the matter . Dont even worry about the "admins" banning you from the dungeon ... they arnt GM's OR funcom representitives , just players . You are free to bring whoever you want in and Kill Morgan as much as u want or even try and kill Tara .

Yes , my methods are strange , and most of the time my points are lost in my rambles , but one thing is for sure ... i make it intresting

BtW , you got " Banned " cause you arent 125+ nor did you tell the "admins" that Morgan LeFay Spawned .

Yeah the "admins" are just players who declare themselves keepers of the dungeon. Nothing to worry about

People who don't like the idea of competing for the good stuff.

Everyone are free to do whatever they want in Camelot, there are no admins for the dungeon, only for a chatbot that many use for the raids.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

The politics of Camelot are bullsh*t.

I could care less about politics , what i care about is that someone told me i couldnt go there , that i was banned .

If this isnt the case then thank you for letting me know . Im alittle mad now that these people came across as Game Masters and that i was barred from this place . Thank you Mr Azzaminion for clearing that little part up .

I still wish to know the rules of this place thoughso i dont make anyone mad at me . Care to explain them for me ?

This is how it works (for clans anyway):

There is a chat-bot set up before Tarasque, the dragon, spawns. To get access to this bot you have to be invited. A recommendation from a regular at Tarasque will usually do.

Then, people start taking strategic positions (it is a pvp zone after all) and teams are set up to kill Tara, while others guard their back. All this is organized thou the chat-bot.

Now Morgan spawns at about the same time as the dragon, so it's customary to kill Morgan and raffle the loot from her, along with (or before) the loot from Tarasque. These raffles have been set to lvl 125+ to keep the numbers of participants down to a reasonable number.

Now, all this is organized by players in the game. The developers or GM's have nothing at all to do with this. There is no "admin" of the dungeon, only a player who leads the raid. Noone can ban you from that area, and you are quite free to hunt there with your own team or by yourself. I wouldnt recommend it, mobs there are tough, but you ARE free to go there.

Anyone who told you otherwise should, frankly, make an apology right here.

You did nothing wrong, and in this case I cheer the people that helped you kill Morgan and I am quite appaled by the person/persons saying you weren't allowed.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Sounds like a good system ... cept for the fact that if u perticipate and someone dosnt like you then u get no reward or chance of it . That and the fact that If im not 125+ i have no chance of getting any chance , nm the fact that if i was there i was helping do something .

Persons X Y and Z are singled out because they took up for me , now they have no chance of GEtting loot . All because i had help killing Morgan . Not a very fair system overall .

whats to prevent others from getting the same items over and over again ? People who can actualy wear the stuff that it drops ? instead it becomes a token peice and sold off to the highest bidder . I left EQ because of the uber camping rare items , just to come to Ao and see it is the same .

BtW , Thank you Dave for explaining it to me . It is much Apreciated .
    Last edited by Farside; Sep 26th, 2002 at 23:46:09.

Don't forget the rule that if you're the opposite side of the person "controlling the loot", you have no chance at getting the loot. And heaven forbid you're neutral...lol Only chance there is to bribe a sided friend into entering the raffle for you and hope they don't get greedy. =P

Typically the Omni (on RK2) are a bit better about this than the Clans. Omni I've heard of letting neuts in the raffle... Clanners won't give it a second thought. (Although they usually won't outright kill you...just no loot. lol)

-Jayde

Talking it works

The raffle system works well ... just gotta be lvl125+ and you are allowed to enter. You raffle after the loot that is useful to you. If you already have it then you dont raffle. The clan way works well and the odds are tough but like any thing demanded "Many will enter, Few will win" (same odds for everyone though).

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    Everyone are free to do whatever they want in Camelot, there are no admins for the dungeon, only for a chatbot that many use for the raids.
    Interesting

So to clarify, for the uninformed: Anyone NOT involved in the chatbot is free to do as they please within Camelot without fear of aggravation from the same side Faction? (intentional training of Lizards for example).

They may well be banned from the Chat in future -your chat, your rules - but will otherwise be left unmolested both in and out of Camelot with no implications of Guild "fueds" or whatnot for their actions.

This does indeed sound fair, and as it should be in a game where we all pay the same $ to play, and are free to participate in any activities we choose (within FCs rules).

Please correct me if I have assumed wrong here.

Farside, sorry to hear you had so much grief over something that seemed normal. You see a Mob, you kill it. Theres no "reserved for..." sign hanging around its neck. You did nothing wrong.
    Last edited by Eza; Sep 27th, 2002 at 13:13:57.

What we're talking about is a young MA with stars in his eyes, daring to stick his head into the fabled Camelot... perhaps even having a look at the famed Morgan!

"Your not allowed"

Now, all the gloss, shine and myth was ripped away.

Cold. Very cold.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by Sumini

Interesting

So to clarify, for the uninformed: Anyone NOT involved in the chatbot is free to do as they please within Camelot without fear of aggravation from the same side Faction? (intentional training of Lizards for example).

They may well be banned from the Chat in future -your chat, your rules - but will otherwise be left unmolested both in and out of Camelot with no implications of Guild "fueds" or whatnot for their actions.

This does indeed sound fair, and as it should be in a game where we all pay the same $ to play, and are free to participate in any activities we choose (within FCs rules).

Please correct me if I have assumed wrong here.

Farside, sorry to hear you had so much grief over something that seemed normal. You see a Mob, you kill it. Theres no "reserved for..." sign hanging around its neck. You did nothing wrong.
    If you choose to not be in the organized raids using the chatbot it's completly up to you.

I can't ofcourse promise you that noone will train mobs on you, that happends everywhere there everyone not work together (Smuggler's, many unique spawns where it's possible)

But, if you decide to not take part and trying to compete instead and you see that it's maybe not working very well, don't expect anyone to invite you to the organized raids with chatbot just because you ask. I don't say you won't be invited, but I think the chance that you won't is pretty big.

I asked them to remove myself as admin so I have no part in deciding that stuff tho and I really don't care what they decide, only wanted to point it out.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

And so now you just Killsteal it away frm people who were attacking it . You have alot of nerve Mr uber 200 I have everything Ma . I went down again and was in a team when wee started attacking and here comes Mr Azzzmion with all his buddies and just takes it away . You do know that is kill stealing . And then to throw it in my face by saying sorry , you can not perticipate , ur only 88 and u need to be 125+ . You know what ? screw this , im going back to EQ . Thankz for killing the game for me .

BtW , morgan dropped a ql 120ish tool , which after Azzamion KS'ed it he gave to someone 125+ , ****ing bull**** if u ask me .

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

If you choose to not be in the organized raids using the chatbot it's completly up to you.

I can't ofcourse promise you that noone will train mobs on you, that happends everywhere there everyone not work together (Smuggler's, many unique spawns where it's possible)

Thanks for quick reply, I think thats crystal clear for all now.

I will add that tarabot is a very professional system and one which the majority of Camelot goers seem very happy with. A good player initiative which tries to create some order to proceedings in this Dungeon. Although some still prefer the old system heh

Its also worth mentioning that Training is not acceptable in FC's eyes and can lead to suspensions and warnings for those involved. How likely they are to enforce this however is something else ....

a 0% Camelot really would be revealing.

peace

Originally posted by Farside
    And so now you just Killsteal it away frm people who were attacking it . You have alot of nerve Mr uber 200 I have everything Ma . I went down again and was in a team when wee started attacking and here comes Mr Azzzmion with all his buddies and just takes it away . You do know that is kill stealing . And then to throw it in my face by saying sorry , you can not perticipate , ur only 88 and u need to be 125+ . You know what ? screw this , im going back to EQ . Thankz for killing the game for me .

BtW , morgan dropped a ql 120ish tool , which after Azzamion KS'ed it he gave to someone 125+ , ****ing bull**** if u ask me .
    Regarding unique mobs KSing is ok (according to FC) so expect no back up from GMs etc.

The only way, fair or not, is to do the most dmg. Thats what its all about.

Originally posted by Sumini

Thanks for quick reply, I think thats crystal clear for all now.

I will add that tarabot is a very professional system and one which the majority of Camelot goers seem very happy with. A good player initiative which tries to create some order to proceedings in this Dungeon. Although some still prefer the old system heh

Its also worth mentioning that Training is not acceptable in FC's eyes and can lead to suspensions and warnings for those involved. How likely they are to enforce this however is something else ....

a 0% Camelot really would be revealing.

peace
    As far as I'm aware, unless there's been another policy change, training in a PvP area is kosher, as it's considered a tactic. Most players consider it a cheap tactic, but I think Funcom's line is that it isn't their job to decide what is and isn't a cheap PvP tactic, as long as it's not an exploit of the game mechanics.

It's only training in a 75% or 100% suppression area that they will take action on, because that is an exploit of the game mechanics - using the mechanics of mob aggro for killing another player in an area where you shouldn't be able to.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Killstealing doesn't exist on AO.

You don't have a right to any mobs, or any items. If you want to get looting rights, you have to do the most damage. I personally wouldn't engage a mob to steal it from someone who had already engaged it before I showed up, but it is an accepted practice on AO. This isn't EverCamp.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I came with all my buddies?
    Was only me and 1 more in team.

So a team of 2 beat your whole team, even if we came after and attacked when you were already fighting...I think you need to organize a better team next time..call it KS'ing or whatever you want.

And ofcourse we raffled the tool for those that were in the raid with Tarabot, that's how we always do.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Amazing How people look at things now days . While i cant say what Azz did or did not do is right or wrong , I do feel for u . The hipocracy inwhich they have it setup in their eyes is the best system . Amazing that because i defended you and caused trouble that i am now banned from this raffle . Yet when their doctor goes LD at the begining of the fight who was there to heal them ? I do not get a thank you , nor did i get to perticipate in the loot . They even had the odasity to claim i was going to ninja it when all i was doing was casting grid .

What is even more Amazing is that FC allows this to happen .

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast