Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - January 16th, 2009

Means are you keeping in mind that the ROOT REMOVAL also removes the Omni Solitus SB3 root?

Or else we've done it all for naught.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    "so I became game developer"

If you're referring to "game developer" as a (proper) noun then it should be capitalised.

Otherwise, you "became a game developer".

And who the hell are you?Some f** english teacher or what? We pis* off your corrections. Get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Means are you keeping in mind that the ROOT REMOVAL also removes the Omni Solitus SB3 root?

Or else we've done it all for naught.
    There is snare after knocback

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 22 seconds.

P.s. new NW
    1.SB3root
    2.OS
    3. 2NTS with NBS+SB3
    4.a lot of claners in reclaim

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    And who the hell are you?Some f** english teacher or what? We pis* off your corrections. Get out.
    That's the problem with sticking your nose in where it isn't wanted, you miss the inside joke that I'm engaging in with Vhab.

So, you gtfo.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Ignore me I'm tired and my head hurts from trying to wrap my mind around AO's story arc.

unless you're talking about the "Dust" Boss, then he best be Roman Dragovich Zubov.
    Last edited by Technogen; Jan 17th, 2009 at 01:26:34.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    There is snare after knocback

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 22 seconds.

P.s. new NW
    1.SB3root
    2.OS
    3. 2NTS with NBS+SB3
    4.a lot of claners in reclaim
    *cough* remember the knockback... unless ur NTs have hacked the game and instead of 40 meters now have 120 meters of range.

Unless the collision detection wont even alow knockback on OS in which case ud be right that theoretically it would be possible. On the other hand u could also think of four NTs with NBS and ur SB root. Then u wont even need OS

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The first thing to get out of the way is...

Colin "Means" Cragg
    So...

You are saying that there is a chance for MPs to get Double AS Tigress!!

P.S.
    NTs could survive direct OS blast. BTW, good thing that we finaly found out how much damage can NT exactly withstand - 200k
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

I am currently in Lund, Sweden again getting ready to attend a wedding.
    Welcome to my town..Better surcomstances this time then the last one i see ... Next time we must go get a beer together
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

I was looking forward to seeing large groups of players flying away from a NT.
    Most of them already are soon they spot one.
    Can we get something that would make *anyone* "fly away" from fixer maybe sometimes in a future?

"so I became game developer"

If you're referring to "game developer" as a (proper) noun then it should be capitalised.

Otherwise, you "became a game developer".

It's very much intentional.
    It's like how "became a god" doesn't sound the same as "became god" :P
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

I wanted knockback in for one simple reason...it was going to be fun. It wasn't supposed to completely rebalance pvp for the future...more be a subtle yet fun addition. I was looking forward to seeing large groups of players flying away from a NT. I was looking forward to a Trader removing someone from their vicinity with their shotgun.
    Its good to hear that this is failing due to technical limitations if only a handful professions are allowed to enjoy the "fun" that was the only reason to have knockbacks in the first place.

Thank you, spaghetti-code monster!
    ಠ_ಠ

I rather like the sound of "New OS".
    Try thinking up different sorts of scenarios and you wont like the "New OS" anymore than the Current one.

It has a 5seconds execution time instead of 7, does a double cap on you.
    That means instead of 7seconds to escape, you can now do two timed OS' and kill the same amount of people in a shorter period of time.
    It also means that any roots effecting you will have a greater effect, as you will have a shorter reaction time to execute your perks or solitus SB.

Also it doesen't solve the problem of how spammable it is.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    So...

You are saying that there is a chance for MPs to get Double AS Tigress!!

P.S.
    NTs could survive direct OS blast. BTW, good thing that we finaly found out how much damage can NT exactly withstand - 200k
    About ur PS.... its 200k times 4 which comes down to 800k

Previously the OS would remove reflects and capped-hit you four times for 200000. This would kill anyone caught in it.
    Ur right tho its bezerk and makes the "This would kill anyone caught in it" sound untrue

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post
    Try thinking up different sorts of scenarios and you wont like the "New OS" anymore than the Current one.

That means instead of 7seconds to escape, you can now do two timed OS' and kill the same amount of people in a shorter period of time.
    It also means that any roots effecting you will have a greater effect, as you will have a shorter reaction time to execute your perks or solitus SB.

As told before if they dont remove the knockback on OS then ull have an extremely hard time to hit a double OS on ppl. Timing would have to be perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamin View Post

Bah.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    As told before if they dont remove the knockback on OS then ull have an extremely hard time to hit a double OS on ppl. Timing would have to be perfect
    A simple !cd will do.

Dear Means, just prevent people from being able to spam OS. Per org timer is just silly.
    Formerly Vhab.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Like Vhab said, a simple countdown will do.
    Reduced execution time will ensure that more people will get caught in the OS.
    Natural delay (lag) will make sure that those people caught in the first one will be caught by the second one before they are knocked back.

I'm speculating, I know. What I would like to see in addition to this change is a 30-60s cooldown pr. Land control area for Orbital Strikes.
    That would make this new OS the tool it needs to be, a crowd disperser + a 60% nuke.
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Not exactly. I'm more saying the current effort being made for improved graphics won't affect the collision detection.

I think due to time constraints and resource management they might postpone knockback but I truly hope they consider reimplementing collision detection (possibly using one of the many really nicely optimized packages available).

Infact, I believe their current willingness to use 3rd party libraries (Ogre) might make it more likely for them to reimplement collision using a 3rd party library (Havok, PhysX, ODE, Bullet, etc).
    I hope they will, they'll open up new doors along the way.
    I've worked on a project that involved hooking up ODE into a suite of stuff including a bunch of exciting (and exotic!) stuff used in VR applications and it was far from a nuts-and-bolts job. And at least at that time, ODE collision detection sucked.

I wonder if the FC codebase is refined enough that dropping something like ODE in would be within the reaches of human endeavor.

Oh, plus it's going to be exciting after they implement player-player collision and someone mows down the streets of Borealis with their Hydro Vehicle, and we'd have IRRK news of crashed yalms 'cause they hit a flock of parrots
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Never worked with ODE. Most recent ones I touched are PhysX, Bullet and Havok.

Havok might not be a bad choice.
    When used properly it has a small memory footprint and allows various qualities of collision detection for scalable performance.
    It's also highly threaded and probably can be distributed.
    Formerly Vhab.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Oh, plus it's going to be exciting after they implement player-player collision and someone mows down the streets of Borealis with their Hydro Vehicle, and we'd have IRRK news of crashed yalms 'cause they hit a flock of parrots
    Its not funny.
    You should have played AoC before mammoths and rhinos got expelled from cities

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast