Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adventurer Love?

Great post by Flo!

In case any of you got lost, this was a post made by an adventurer looking for the stuff promised for her profession. If you are another profession, why not just make another tread where you state your worries and raise your questions?

But do you really want FC love? Most of the classes given that love feel a little ... lost ...

Every profession needs loving! (Bring back the professionals!)

Originally posted by KlngArthur

Nts were SUPPOSE to be the masters of damage. Are we? well lets see, MPs get a better nuke, and can get a higher attack rating than NTs with an assault rifle, oh, dont forget the buffs, debuffs and pets. And thats just one of the many classes that outdamages us.
    Oh you poor and misguided creature!

Please explain to me how do MP have better nuke than an NT?! MP basicly has only one usable nuke (compared to all NT variety), Mind Quake which is not at all impressive... Actually it's very similar to NT nuke Crown of Frost.

Mind Quake (MP) vs Crown of Frost (NT)

Description (MQ): Inflicts 736-1515 points of energy-based damage. It also lowers all nano skills of the target by 100 points for a few seconds.

Description (CoF): Encases the head of the target in a sphere of freezing cold that inflicts 652-1,624 points of cold-based damage. The intense cold also impairs nano skills, lowering those skills by 115 points each.

Attack time 4.19 s (MQ) - 3.7 s (CoF)
    Recharge time 1.82 s (MQ) - 3.43 s (CoF)
    Range 20 m (MQ) - 25 m (CoF)

Woohoo. Here's something for an NT to be jealous about really.

MP can get a higher attack rating than NTs with an assault rifle!?

Wish i could. But last time i checked AR, ranged energy, heavy weapons, burst, full auto and fling were all dark blue skills to me aswell. So how do I get better ATK then?

Nanoskill buffs are very nice really, agreed. Debuffs? Useless in PvM and some, like Nano Shutdown are really very difficult to land in PvP. Just compare this to any of trader debuffs.

Nano Shutdown:
    Attack time 9.3 s
    Recharge time 6 s
    Range 14 m
    Defense skills nano resist 160

Pets? Everyone knows they are major pain in the *ss. They will get stuck in every single piece of furniture in missions. That is with the exception of healpet which seems to be able to eventually warp back.

Every profession need some love in various issues. Professionals wrote tons of articles and postings in the profession forums but sadly funcom chose to ignore most of that hard volunteer work.

There have been countless threads posting the MP nuke vs. the Crat nuke vs. the NT nuke. Point being, they are all similiar enough that even without declaring an end all be all best nuking class, they are all pretty close in many respects.

That being said, as an NT I have The nuke, and any weapon i choose to take that i won't be very good at. As an MP i have the nuke, any weapon i choose to take that i won't be very good at and an attack pet, heal pet, and worthless pet. As a crat I have the nuke, any weapon that i choose to take that i won't be very good at, and an attack pet and charmed pets as well. As the NT i can calm a single mob at a time. As the MP my worthless pet is supposed to be able to distract a mob (which some says it works, others don't, i think it helps) and as a Crat I can calm a single mob, and later on lots of mobs.

Point is, both the MP and the Crat have all the same tricks and tools that the NT has, but then they have their own tricks and tools that the NT does not have. So, although the MP nuke may be just a little less kewl thent the NT nuke, its all we have.

And, as for adventurers. I think you guys made out pretty well in the last patch. True, you don't have everything you wanted, but you have some stuff. Remember, Funcom did say adventurers were in 14.4 AND 14.6. Now, they have since said that 14.6 will not be a "love" patch for any one class, but that doesn't mean you're not getting the leftover stuff that's missing...
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

hehe... I've sort of given up hope on FC.

All NTs, Engies, Soldiers can wish for all the things u want. I'm quite sure u will "like them very much" when u find out that they turn out to "a bit different" from what's promised.

Isgrimnur... don't argue with the NTs. At your level, the NTs u get to team with are uber players.... the type who will do well even when playing the most gimped class.

BTW,... I'm one of those gimped pistol ADVs who gave up waiting and switched to melee during the IPR.

We did get Some useful stuff in the ADV patch
    1) Tiger form heal (this is the most significant thing in that patch)
    2) 1he, pistol, MM/MR buff. They work. Though the lvl req and skill reqs suqs
    3) Wolf Aura - those advs who haven't tried it... u should. It's worth the NCU cost.
    4) Perception buff - finally some reason for other players to give me credits :P

But did u guys know that every single one of those useful stuff above are "boss loot only" ? For profesison fixing additions.. it suqs

Many other things promised were still missing .. but I wont repeat them here as many ADVs had posted them already.

I just hope the other professions get proper loving when their turn comes...... no a pat on the shoulder with a stick up the a** at the same time like what we go.
    Last edited by Ashuras; Oct 2nd, 2002 at 03:03:23.

In all fairness, you did just list four pretty cool things that the class got. I think you got some other nanos too, like fireballs for the dragon form or something (never played an adv). Point in, four things is pretty cool, and i can only hope we get four things of moderate usefullness like the ADV's got.

But i ain't holding my breath.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Everyone and his brother know the dragon addon stuff. And go "oooooooh" on the numbers. Then (like most do when looking at weapons) forget the negatives. Like 195 level req. Skill reqs that makes it impossible for a nanomage adventurer to use it selfbuffed. And a very healty refresh period.

Oh. MAKE DRAGONS FLY AGAIN!

Someone will probably manage to drag fixers into this now

Originally posted by Snublefot
    Someone will probably manage to drag fixers into this now
    I bet 4 credits it might be Miiir...
    TOMTEMOR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123