Thread: Standley Adams Exploit

Standley Adams Exploit

Today I saw a bunch of clanners:

Atros - NT
    Dayra - Trader 72
    Rumpel - NT 89
    Tygma - MA 65
    Ladychili - Adv 75

All standing around capping Stanley adams with very little / no risk at all.

When are "easy to kill" RED NPCs going to get fixed such that they don't give out any XPs?

Tim

They do give out xp? NPC's? Cool where is this place, I want in on some free XP. Especially if it pisses someone off.

There are lots of such NPCs scattered all over Rubika.

Milo Chatter at 20k was one of them.

I often wonder if camping them is considered exploiting. We did kill them fair and square coz they could hit back and do kill some players when they are not careful. And it's certainly boring as hell.

Anyway.. a GM was there observing the camp fest at 20k, and soon after, Milo began to do uber damage (1.5k thru an MK shield, 6k if no shield)....... result is .... no more lag in 20k

I camped an NPC for most of the night in my 60's with a bunch of random people. now I consider most of those people pretty good friends and do missions and such with them quite often . was tons of fun fighting something where you knew that if anything went wrong you were going to die a horrible death. Oh and the exp was great too

i say to timotholt why dont you just level off stanley adams then. see i think thats what makes this game fun finding things to kill new things. there was a first time for everything first time that anyone found out about stan. and so what stand does hit hard to kill players i seen it so dont think that its a total cakewalk all the time.

and not onlythat you have to come in withthe right team. you definately need and engi and mp as well or you canreally do him. so stop tryingto ruin the game for other just cus they find something cool that not many know about K.

I doubt VERY VERY VERY much that those Named NPC's are there so you can KILL THEM AND LEVEL THAT WAY.

Stanly Adams had it coming

Hi

Stanly Adams has been trying to take out innocent travellers a long time. I think he should have moved down to OMNI-1 when Philip Ross and Henry Radiman made out the amnesty. In the same area, a bit SE by the road, you can find "The Legchopper" take him out too.

/cheers
    Lamonia
    Last edited by Lamonia; Jan 9th, 2002 at 10:42:49.

I think funcom should make NPC-killing in 75% zone impossible.
    Its too close to exploit ...

Remove XP

Just remove XP on the NPC. Ok for stupidity, but having 6 guys sitting around every darn NPC in the game, wasting the same person over and over again is destroying any kind of feel in the game, is not adding anyhitng, just taking away atmosphere, is not making anything in the game better, just makes all the Quake-hackers happy to find another way to exploit things and in a way, makes it legal to use exploits in the eyes of others.

So, no good sides, all bad sides. Remove XP on NPC; something that should have been done from the beginning, and problem is solved.

Wow...
    Trying to talk to Funcom. We all know the reaction to that, huh..? Silence and inactivity.
    So many chars it is impossible to list them all...

Megabio
    It is NOT free and fast XP.

A few points I would like to make to everyone.

A) It isn't like he is the easiest guy in the world. Yes, things his level are usually a bit harder, but if you have no pets, than, hehe, good luck taking him at level 60.

B) He doesn't have an instant respawn. It takes a good 2 minutes for him to respawn. So, you are limited to about 20k (group) - 30k (solo) every 3 minutes. There are better places at level 80-90 to do other than that place. Example - Vets in EFP, 40k-60k XP a kill, downtime dependant on team heal time.

C) They have already looked into Stan. Originally he was VERY easy for his level. They did, I believe, increase his damage and such. Now, if they fixed him, why is everyone saying nerf him?

I don't think I'll go to Stan again because there are better places (Such as Vets in EFP and such).
    ~Chris

They will just increase the spawn time to discourage static NPC camping.

These NPC/Mobs hit back, they do damage. There is no exploit. People who camp these mobs are not cheating.

Personally, I have camped static NPC/Mobs for about 8 hours total since AO was released (Susan Furor in Galway and Bullies in VW).
    It's boring and tedious. It's not even very good XP or loot.

Exploit my ass

2 words I'm sick of seeing here - Exploit and Nerf. It aint an exploit until Funcom says it is, until then it's fair game. Face it - the simple fact of AO is kill and lvl, nothing more, nothing less. The only viable way to lvl is to kill unless you wanna spend 6 months doing implants for people just to get 1 lvl. If it spawns and gives XP they will come. If it spawns and gives xp with little risk they will come in even bigger crowds.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

GM answer

When I talked about killing NPC's like Solomon etc he said they will be changed to 0 EXP in future. Meanwhile the said GM said to check those NPC's and make them not worth it otherways.

Solomon was changed 2 hours after that to have about 1M Health No more lvl 50's killing it non stop for MAX EXP.

Seems that GM should have been more careful to find them all...

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 3 and 138

PS. GM said that no, they are not there for you to level on them.

I think we need to clear things up a bit about exploits. Cus I'm tired of the f'ing whiners about nerf this and exploit that. First off doing what you normally would do in any normal fight or any normal situation is not considered an exploit. Killing Stanley is not an exploit cus A) we didnt have to do anything unusual to attack him or in order to get to attack him or to beat him. B) he is a mob that can be targeted legally in a 75% zone and he is killable like most mobs. and C) he gives xp and loot just like most mobs do in the game except for guards and shop keepers. You also can't consider pressing q to attack or pressing your nano attack on your shortcut bar aimed at a mob an exploit.(doh!) What i would consider an exploit is something that you have to do that is HIGHLY UNSUAL. (note the word unusual here :P) i.e something that is not part of the way the game is supposed to function. Things like duping items or trying to or finding ways to trade a NODROP item or using some ingame bug inside the menu system that allows you to generate more IP (or whatever) than what you are supposed to have for your level (or anything for that matter). I consider that an exploit. Why you ask? Cus it was not intended to happen and you have do something strange like maybe certain keystrokes or something in a certain order for something like that to happen. But its not supposed to happen! But killing Stanley can happen and its legal. That is the POINT! A while back ago. They used to trade nodrop items by simply putting it in a backpack and trading the whole backpack. That can be considered an exploit since it was not intended for that to happen. Although it is not as dramatic like duping items or having higher IP than your intended level. The later creating a huge imbalance to the game against merly trading a nodrop which is not as powerful as making more ip out of thin air and/or duping.
    In my closing argument i would like to say for all you Stanley haters this. If it is legal to kill it. Then its not an exploit. PERIOD. If FUNCOM thinks it is to easy. Then they can decide what needs to be done not us! The fun part of this game and for most players is to level your character. I think i can speak for the majority players here an everywhere around the world. That is the main point of playing any RPG type game is to LEVEL and CONQUER! and in some cases to level as fast as you can and to see just how far you can really go. Therein lies the challenge and the fun! Lets face it do i want to be level 30 forever? HELL NO! You go out into the big world and explore places you never been and try new things and discover new things. Stan was like a secret weeks ago and now many have discovered him. And if you think he is too easy. He is not! Do not be mistaken. You must have the correct team to beat him. If your bringing a level 60 team they have to be twinked up to kill him or you can forget it!. Stan can double swing sometimes in under 1 second and he can hit per attack for 600-700 damage @ 1500ac. This will half kill most characters and will make you start running process too! and will kill any nanomage breed that is not above level 100+. Now is he that easy? I even lost 600k xp they other day cus it aggroed to me and hit me 2 times (splat dead...). AS far as Stan is concerned he is a dangerous mob. My friend Killingspree level 106 soldier with 3300+ac and 2900+ hp tried to solo him and didnt even come close. Hardly even took him to down to 75% of his max hp and was using MK shield. and of course he died. So that should tell you all you need to know about Stanely.

Peace out...

To Skullinator

No, you are not meant to do MAX EXP with minimal risk or no risk. Everytime that has happened it has been changed.

NPC's
    Medusas
    Soldier Mk Shield
    Own side mob killing
    Blitzing/Sneaking missions for exp
    Etc.

As I said, GM said it was not supposed to be "exp" monster. So he went through database and changed them (like Solomon) and informed they would give 0 EXP in future. For some reason, it couldnt be done "on the spot".

This is quite clear indication that no, you are not supposed to kill them and this is something that will get added to my list above sooner or later.

Unfortunatelly GM's seem to have crappy tools and not enough time so **** like this can happen. I even heard Milo was back to "normal" hits instead of 5k which I think is again part of buggy code or that they thought they changed it to 0 EXP already (which they didnt) and so changed it back to "normal". Most likely by the time they react we again have 200 new lvl 100+ people

Also you say most fun is leveling. Yes I like to level too but I dont see much fun standing 24/7 in one spot and pressing Q when monster appears. Ooh, the challenge! Not.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 3 and 138

Most likely by the time they react we again have 200 new lvl 100+ people
    god I hope so on RK2

we need more 100+ people
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I use to see occasional people and groups killing NPCs, but when Funcom finally fixed the Medusas, that's when killing NPCs became very popular. Suddenly every poor NPC was getting camped all across the zones. I also noticed a sharp increase of Omni employees gathered in groups at Mort and Home.

It was truly sad seeing fellow clansmen camping some NPC in the middle of VW just so they can level. We left in disgust.

Killing things for xp is an exploit. These people will be banned, effective immediately. The ARKS will also continue to be on the lookout for anyone equipping weapons, as the equipping of weapons is still considered an exploit of the code. We're sorry for these bugs, and will address them in the upcoming patch.

Have fun at the milk bar.

-FunClown

Last edited by Skullinator; Jan 12th, 2002 at 06:53:02.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast