Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boss mobs camping mission doors

It is possible to get in to the mission site even with a boss quite abit higher than you are and high level aggros on the way there while on foot. Not always easy but I took a level 7 fixer frome newland through tir to the ageean past vulure feuders etc otw there. Only to find some bossmob there (cant remember the name, but had 3 words in it) . timed it like I did the others and was able to make it in the right tent?? in time. Takes forever but it is do - able. Kinda part of what makes the game fun esp. since getting to 200 involves mission after mission after mindless mission. Slow down and enjoy it a bit, strategize. Sorry this may have been already said, but didnt feel like reading ALL the posts so I may have missed something .

Yesiamstoned 148NT RK2 (name changed to protect the @#$%#)

Remember Ofbac, we've been there...

There is a reason why I hate rollerrats and vultures. If you're unable to find ANY mission without something thats ready to grief you, yes thats a problem.

To put it this way, I found it incredible stupid to go AFK in parrot while hanging above a Legchopper clone. I won't do that again... For some reason I won't go cat at ACES until engaged in fighting. Why? Teleport -> parrot -> zone is much faster then teleport -> look for nano to cancel -> cancel wrong one -> die... Its called learning, and every GOOD game includes a certain amount of strategy and learning. Heck, even GTA3 includes that

Go get missions to Home. Learn how to do it now, because you'll be pulling them for the rest of eternity. Why? They're small, they're easy to get to (grid right in, swim through lag and poor framerates), and just about ANY mission to BS may as well read "City of Home" on it (this is actually a statistical thing, as there are about 49,000 mission doors in Home and 25 elsewhere).

What? You're sick of Home missions after hundreds of levels? Quit complaining! Go get missions somewhere else.

...oops.
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

Miir,

I thought I had made it clear exactly what my problem is. The changes to outdoor bosses in the recent patch makes it frustrating for a lot of players. It’s the recent changes. Not the old stuff. Somehow this is a fact that cannot sink in for you.

As for your solid belief that every player in AO is a rich 100+ or an alt thereof… well, you are quite entitles to your opinion, regardless of it not being factual. The Org I’m in has about 140 members. None over 100. None with Yalms. None that are uber. Mostly players who are fairly new to the game (meaning less than 3 months). It’s a very light-hearted guild, cohesive and fun loving with a lot of good people (not one of the “we invite everyone we pass at the bank” types.) believe it or now, new people come into AO and are looking to play and enjoy the game without having an uber character in the background.

Now, back to the problem. Up until 14.5 there wasn’t a problem. A level 20 might get a mission in a totally impossible location from time to time, but it was not the norm. Out of the 100s of mission locations that someone might be sent to (outside of cities of course) only a few would prove to be deathtraps, and these were recognizable easily by the herd of red mobs camped outside of the mission door. And in many, many cases the red mobs outside of the mission doors were not aggro anyways. But the new Bosses are.

Then 14.5 came. Now the same players, meaning people under 100 that cannot solo every boss they come across including the 6 adds that come when aggroing a boss) find that instead of 10 or 20% of the missions are unusable, now more like 40% are unusable. There is no fun, no enjoyment, no entertainment, no value and no point in sending players to mission locations that they cannot realistically use. Add to that the new challenge of getting past the many new boss mobs along the way to the mission, but that part is really ok. It’s ok to have a challange of paying attention during travel and not running through a boss camp. But the ones camping your mission just add no entertainment or value to the game. This aspect of the patch added no new value. If the mission terminals stopped sending anyone under say 100 to these mission locations, the game would not lose any enjoyment for anyone, but it would increase for many. There’s just no point. Getting a team formed up and getting a mission selected and getting to the mission entrance takes time. And to arrive and find that the mission is overshadowed by one of these new boss mobs is frustrating. I know that you have absolutely no concept of what I’m talking about, that’s ok. Try being a new player sometime on a different server and see how it turns out for ya.

FunCom needs to know that this situation is contrary to enjoying the game. It’s their business to know. New user enters game, finds it frustrating due to a recent change, decides it’s not worth the headache, quits game. It’s not a good cycle. There’s simply no reason not to try and target players to challenges that are appropriate to their levels.

My problem with you specifically is that your only real feedback to this thread is to call anyone having a problem names and insult them. That’s not constructive. It’s not helpful and it’s just rude. Not to mention that you are giving advice that is not relevant to the problem at hand and have a self-created illusion that every player is you and refusing to accept that there really are lots of younger players who do not have upper level characters or yalms, etc.

Additionally, you jumped right in when someone suggested making the new boss mobs non-aggro. That would make them too hard to pull you claim. Seems like you have a conflict of interest. Well gee, let’s balance the need of the players who cannot kill the boss mobs against the higher players who want to be able to solo pull the bosses out without getting adds. Sorry, but if you want to kill the bosses, you should have to deal with the camps too. Citing that you cannot run from boss to boss and single pull them on your own while soloing and kill them for their loot just is not a valid reason for your stand and is not a justification for not helping those running into problems with the new changes. I for one am more concerned with what is good for the greater number of players. In fact, I’d be willing to bet that cherry picking the Bosses out of camps was not an intended result of the patch.

Hope that clears everything up for ya.

I guess your sig line pretty much sums up your viepoint:

> Who is enjoyng the game more?
    > You or me?

Long as you are having fun, everyone else is, in your own words, foolish and an idiot. Nice attitude.

Ofbac: Noone is calling you names, but please, if some locations are unavailable at lvl 20, learn. Dynacamps don't move. So if you get dovves map (a very good idea) and start uploading the mission location before accepting the mission (right click the mission while its still in the mission terminal) to check if it is in a dangerous location.

Sorry but I can't say 40% is enough of a failure rate. 9 out of 10 would be another story. Then again, when you start to recognize the dangerous spots, you would not run into the bad spots again. Simple as that.

Please note. I'm not calling you names here. I'm not saying that you are whining. I think you are making a valid remark, but one that I (and some other) happens to disagree on. Things change, change with it.

I'm going to have to agree with miir on this one. There's a particular spot in SFA where items i need keep showing up...even better the spot is normally a fairly small omni indoors style mission.

The problem is that there are mean ass guards surrounding the mission, and zoning into it is hell...

I know exactly where this spot is because i keep on pulling it, just like i know that avalon missions nearby to camelot are usually gray caves, and missions to either side of bliss in The Longest Road are brown caves of death.

You don't need a notepad to learn where not to go for missions, but you do need some experience and to be burned a few times for certain spots to really sink in. I'm sure you know exactly where at least two of the boss camps that killed you are if not all four. Think of that as a good thing. Someday you'll want to go back there to kill those bosses, and through missioning in Rubika you have actually discovered something that wasn't already on your map

Snublefot: I still don't take athen shire missions after a few of those instances where TK got pissed at me for being attacked by the green robot mobs wandering the area when i was lvl 10

Hehe, I didnt know it was TK spawn at all... There where red robots with chainsaws killing me a lot of times before giving up on a mission... I'm a stubborn adventurer, and I ran with a train of minibulls from Stret West to Athen Shire so many time I forgot to count... How I love the day I discovered West Athens (thinking it was a Omni city )

Only discovered TK when going back to the robots to pay them back. Only to find it camped by a high level player...

Snublefot,

> Ofbac: Noone is calling you names…

Actually there were some insulting things said by Miir, but let’s put those behind us. Yes, as stated many times already, we all know how to check mission locations. But, as I’m sure you know, there are a wide number of mission doors in a location. And the level of detail on the maps, even Doves, does not allow you to distinguish between the door 5 minutes NE of the whompahs in VW that has the boss mob camped on it versus the one 5 minutes NE of the whomoahs in VW that does not have a boss mob on it because it’s 200 yards over to the left.

I have no trouble learning areas to avoid. It’s part of any game of this nature. Unfortunately this is not a “learn to avoid that door” situation because of the reality of the layouts of the mission doors and the frequent inability to determine which you are being sent to prior to arrival.

Yesiamstoned,

You are correct that it is possible to get into these missions despite them being camped by reds or a boss. That’s not really the problem. The problem is getting out with the 300k exp you gained intact.

Getting in is not the problem, per say. It is getting out with your gained efforts. Zoning out and finding the boss waiting there to kill you… well, there’s just no need for that. It’s not sporting. It’s not fun. It’s not any element of any game that players enjoy. Period. I don’t mind some risk versus reward, but this is a situation where the player has no input on the outcome of the event. Can’t retreat back into the mission (mission completed), can’t kill the boss and the 6 others that aggroed when he aggroed. Can’t outrun the boss.

I’d rather the mission terminal just say “You are too low, and the mission will see to it that you die badly. Instead of going, please log off for 2 hours and come back later since you will lose your 2 hours of experience anyway.”

Same situation before the patch would have been: mission done, zone out, 6 mobs stand around non-aggro, head back to the city.

The balance of this changed dramatically in the 14.5 patch.

another option

Another option for you is to not take missions in the dynacamp zones...

There are many places to pull missions from, and each set of mission terminals in a given city (or even other cities or op's) gives a different range of mission locations. Tir by the old wompah site not giving you what you want? Go to VW to pull the mission. Avalon is pretty nice for low lvls to find missions, but from lvls 40-80 you probably don't want to pull from there unless you have a yalm

for ql 100ish missions go to Broken Shores by the wompah. You can easily pull missions right outside of Bliss (brown caves are bad for blitzing but great for xp'ing teams)

These are just a few examples of my point, but just because something upsets you doesn't mean that it's necessarily a bad thing. If you don't feel like putting forth the effort to fix your problem in a game, then why play? I'd like to think that most of us still give FC our $13 a month to challenge us in some way be it getting those 150 implants in on your lvl 70 nt (very possible and really cool ), finding out the best possible places to pull missions at each ql or even taking an engineer out and pvp'ing successfully (still not sure if this one can be done pre lvl 75 gank-o-matic cap).

Another thing you'll notice from using different mission terminals is that each one is somewaht unique in its rate of dropping certain items.

So please just explore a little bit. From what i hear the high lvls are drab and pointless anyway. Stay young. Its more fun wandering a zone when things can actually kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12