Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 9th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    Shortly.
    1.OS should kill everyone in range and FC should fix NT's absorb.So this new Means idea is really bad.
    2.You want to do more TL7 NW, but TL7 NW wars are only about zerg and lag. It is only /assist.
    3.Claners want to have tl7 NW,cause they think they are strong enough,but they didn't hold the smallest TL7 fields at RK1 and larger tl7 fields....they didn't destroy CT before their wipe.
    And no,they weren't huge outnumbered,they just wiped.Sparta is Sparta....
    4.Whine about op omni SBs...this is usual argument for side with lazy or stupid people and for other small kids from WOW.
    5.Now you can blame me for truth,cause claners are really sux,at least at RK1 and that FC is changing OS it doesn't help them
    Do all Clanners on RK2 suck too then? Amazing isn't it, how a few hundred people, who all suck, decide to roll Clan on both servers.

Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Is that some outlook on the future of AO???

It's from the new (otherwise horrible) registration page....

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    Is that some outlook on the future of AO???

It's from the new (otherwise horrible) registration page....
    looks more like old concept art tho :\

I really would like to see LE missions look more like this with the new engine...
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...k_entrance.jpg
    ( I know it's not going to look like that but it would be nice neverthless )

And I hope that the annoying ground animation on Alienships is beeing changed.
    And I also hope that the annoying Hawk sound effect is going to get changed as well..
    And I hope that there's still hope in having hope of hoping to have hope in some hope...
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by Madrid View Post
    My only question:

When they do take orbitals out of game, or at least change them I hope, who is going to be the first one to say "you were right" when the tower situation still is not different, and TL7 towers still look the same? All of this whining based on TL7 orbitals? Clan just had most TL5 and dominated TL5 for a while and orbitals are part of TL5 right?...now look at the situation. Omni got organized and started to move. Fortunately its not orbitals that is the problem its numbers and organization. It seems no matter where we turn our heads the defeated always have an excuse.

Towers....oh its orbitals and SB
    Tara...its lag and sync issues

I for one want to see more Tower action but if/when omni loses its dominance (some don't remember clan used to dominate towers as well) I will not be waiting in line to blame game mechanics. Last I checked we both play with the same client and server no matter your faction.
    I'd like to inform you that TL7 clan on RK2 dominate tara now. Without a problem. Even with Omni popping SB.

We dominate TL4 towers, I think there are maybe 2 or 3 TL4 omni bases left. We dominate TL5 towers.

But TL7? Ohhh hell no. Even though we obviously have the organisation, numbers, and motivation for it or else we couldn't win Tara or lower TL wars either.

Why would this be? I'm thinking VERY much it's a combination of two abilities applied as a magical band-aid whenever Omni feels they can't win the fight the normal way: Root SB + Orbital Strike.

Just the root SB is not the problem, we dealt with this before LE and we even owned every TL7 base out there at one point. We can also take Tara and hold it, while you can Root SB all you want there.

Just OS is not the problem, we deal with this on TL5 wars and lower... and besides, Clan uses OS too at TL7 and Omni seems to have no problems surviving it at TL7.

What's that tell you about the combination of root SB+OS?

Yep, it's really that obvious Madrid.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Do all Clanners on RK2 suck too then? Amazing isn't it, how a few hundred people, who all suck, decide to roll Clan on both servers.

Both servers need better leaders than they got and no epeeners with bunch of pvm noobs.

Both servers need better leaders than they got and no epeeners with bunch of pvm noobs.
    Now read Lupu's response, and stfu.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Now read Lupu's response, and stfu.
    Yes,he posted it a few sec before me,so i didn't see it.
    I have to correct my post:
    Only RK1 server need better leader than they got and no epeeners with bunch of pvm noobs.

Yes,he posted it a few sec before me,so i didn't see it.
    I have to correct my post:
    Only RK1 server need better leader than they got and no epeeners with bunch of pvm noobs.
    Okay, and what does that tell you about the combination of root SB and Orbital Strike?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Okay, and what does that tell you about the combination of root SB and Orbital Strike?
    Well on RK1, relations were strained between the PvPers and the PvMers for a while.

However, SB+OS drove all the 12 inch nails it needed to in the coffin of any remaining enthusiasm on a large scale.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Happy new year,

I would have to disagree with changing os too drastic, I personally think it should kill most things.
    I think having something equivilent to a "moaab" being dropped on you will kill almost everything including buildings/towers/cars etc..etc..

I dont believe it should be lessened in terms of dmg (to players), but enhanced in what it does dmg ...IE: towers, friendlies, mobs, npc's, leets (yes even leets)

also think of os+sb like a howitzer and a stealth fighter, howitzer can fire pretty fast for a small area, fighter has alot of dmg but is really slow...and also instead of just one area around the ct (that everyone expects) make it random on location or make it to where we are able to choose specific coords on the field to hit (thus needing an agent or someone with conceal to "Call in strikes to a given point)
    Last edited by styles999; Jan 12th, 2009 at 13:59:15.
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Can't they just remove OS already :/ along with mechs(for NW that is).

Just make SBs only work in SL. Problem solved.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I am not saying that OS+SB isn't an overpowered combination.
    But omni normally gathers more people for towers than for tara.
    So blaming it all on OS+SB.. isn't right.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post

/agree

thats why they should make it to where one fires ALOT faster and one is REALLY slow, so you only get 1 time to fire both at once

along with having it damage everything, it would drasticly slow their use (if the ppl shooting know it will also damage their own towers, along with making it alil more realistic i think)
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Just make SBs only work in SL. Problem solved.
    I will stop useing in my posts:you are idiot and I will use:you are hacre.It is more accurate.

I will stop useing in my posts:you are idiot and I will use:you are hacre.It is more accurate.
    Har de har

What? You claim it's all superior skill on Omni part and nothing to do with SB+OS combo, what do you stand to lose if SBs only work in SL?

They should only work in SL anyway, they're SHADOWbreeds not RUBIKAbreeds. You should welcome this suggestion, it would finally prove your superior Omni ability and intellect is far above anything Clan can muster.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I'm in favor of option 1 combined with option 2, like Harios and Timmy said.

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    Agreed.

But hey, TL7 NW is dead. This change will revive it, hopefully.

Somehow clans hate it, the same clans that spam AOE roots and SB on us all the time..this change will be good for both sides.

SB to Shadowlands, Knockbacks with an OS and bring on the fight!

Oh and please Means, while at it, please add more TL7 sites.. honestly we are fighting for too few, always taken by the same big orgs, making smaller orgs feeling out of it.

Something that popped in my mind was to add TL7 NW sites to SL..terrain strategy, hills, cliffs, etc would make it a lot of fun. I think some are already there, but unusable now.
    Last edited by Ocene; Jan 12th, 2009 at 14:39:07.

I'd like to inform you that TL7 clan on RK2 dominate tara now. Without a problem. Even with Omni popping SB.

We dominate TL4 towers, I think there are maybe 2 or 3 TL4 omni bases left. We dominate TL5 towers.

But TL7? Ohhh hell no. Even though we obviously have the organisation, numbers, and motivation for it or else we couldn't win Tara or lower TL wars either.

Why would this be? I'm thinking VERY much it's a combination of two abilities applied as a magical band-aid whenever Omni feels they can't win the fight the normal way: Root SB + Orbital Strike.

Just the root SB is not the problem, we dealt with this before LE and we even owned every TL7 base out there at one point. We can also take Tara and hold it, while you can Root SB all you want there.

Just OS is not the problem, we deal with this on TL5 wars and lower... and besides, Clan uses OS too at TL7 and Omni seems to have no problems surviving it at TL7.

Yes, its so obvious that 50 threads have been made about it and there is still no real answer. My bad. If you read my post you'll notice I'm for changing OS btw.
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by Dragocze View Post
    Hi Means. I'm glad to see OS changed. What do you think about making assist PvM only and its effect on mass PvP?
    I only see a few getting to the root of the problem in the first place. /assist. that is the cause of blobs. which in turn caused OS to be made, which in turn caused the OS+SB combo to be made.

/assist is no fun, it mostly a #s war. Don't you people want to have fun at tower wars? how is not dying because of pure chance when your %t is not called?

there is no skill in /assist and blobing, it's boring and why I don't go to tower wars. if there is some way to spread out both blobs (just one being spread out won't do) then I'm sure others might go more as well.

address the purpose of blobing in the first place (/assist) then you might not have to change the mechanics after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast