Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - January 9th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    That sounds like the best option. Furthermore I would like the firing of OS's to be limited to only who controls the battle station of that towerfields PVP level range at that moment. Causing the mechanic itself to be more logical when employed.
    Please. Something. This is the reason why I ignore the Battlestation's Existence in Roleplaying. It makes no sense why the ICC would move death platforms into orbit that shoot Death Beams at the Planet every 15 seconds with wanton disregard to the PvP Elements they were supposed to bring (Attack and Defend).
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Role Playing...laugh....

Me smash stuff....
    Almadena

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    That sounds like the best option. Furthermore I would like the firing of OS's to be limited to only who controls the battle station of that towerfields PVP level range at that moment. Causing the mechanic itself to be more logical when employed.
    This would in effect stop the os all together, which is fine by me. All one side would have to do is make sure not enough of their side is in queue to start bs before starting tower attack. No BS running no OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska View Post
    Last tower war,i was rooted too,i had my 35%resist aura,boon from advy and i was rooted as everyone else from omnis around CT by your crats,traders etc....and with horrible lags around i only stood and i watched if incoming OS,but we got jamming towers ftw.
    You just don´t have 100% land aoe root in one perk(one in 5h),but with your crats you are rooting everyone as omni soli SB3,but your roots are SPAMMABLE and that you can´t plant OS and kill us,it is your mistake.
    Your argument,but your crats and NTs spammed you with root remover+stims...with lags what i got and i wasn´t alone....weak argument for your wipes.
    Crats are greatly outnumbered by the ammount of Solitus as over 40% of Omni are solitus and yes on Omni side

Besides that when u guys are OSing we r almost always killing the CT so what u do is run in from 75% gas and hit ur SB soon as ur in towergas theres no way for a Clan crat to root omnis who r spread rushing in and even if there would it would be hard to exactly predict where the rush will come from.

In ur case the CT is ground zero cause thats where we got to be

Sure i think Crats are anoying when they area root but SB is something Omni has more than Clan in their line of defence
    And if u think its not giving u an advantage why do u (ab)use it ? Tell me why u wouldnt get ur crats to area root instead (dunno if they do cause im long rooted before any crat does it)

And if ur so sure its not giving u an advantage then why would u wanna keep it so badly ? Unless this is personal but i dont think it is

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    This would in effect stop the os all together, which is fine by me. All one side would have to do is make sure not enough of their side is in queue to start bs before starting tower attack. No BS running no OS.
    Neutrals might be the unknown factor in that game...
    I would still join BS if I wen't there to get me some VP, regardless of any tower battles...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

May I suggest a small modification: Winning at BS gives access to OS for 1 hour or until the other side wins, whichever lasts longer. If everyone from the losing side leaves the queue, the winning side may keep their OS indefinitely. To prevent exploiting by the winning side, we could say that if one side does not have enough people in the queue for half an hour, they have deserted the battlestation and the other side gains control (and access to OS) if they have a full queue.

Just noticed how far im straying of the actual point of this last friday

Either way OSing seems to be playing a big factor in towers

Less OSes within one towerbattle (lets say only one per side) would enhance the way OS will be used, ppl will be far more carefull with shooting it right impact would be smaller and u wont have to dodge 2-however many ppl shoot at once, anymore.

Less Damage from one OS would also change how OSes will be used probably comming to the conclussion that if u put two OSes on top of eachother will have aprox the same effect as one does now.
    This combined with Knockback would make the above statement untrue or atleast aloot harder

OS with several rings of damage sounds like a nice option since it would seem realistic (even tho this game isnt realy supposed to be)

Restricting use of OS to the defender and the FIRST attacking org sounds like a fair way of dealing with the use of OSes which would come down to less OSes within one towerbattle as mentioned above

Now for OS as it is right now, i think its overpowered only other way u can get killed in one hit is by doing PvM with reaal low hp and the mob doing just that much hp of damage at lvl 220 ud have to look for LotV have 9k hp and no evades or reflects so for the equation it would be two ppl alphaing for instance 7 opponents just like that if it was indefinitely avoidable it would make it less harmfull and fit better or if every proff had a line of defence against it. However not the case so i like the idea of changing stuff on it

Current OS mechanics work just fine and shouldnt be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

Remove OS

Quote Originally Posted by Comi View Post
    Current OS mechanics work just fine and shouldnt be changed.
    But if they "fix" OS your dramametter may go orange/red
    i R not spik engrish

Is the Booster Pack still end of January?

We're mid of January now, the preorder didn't happen yet. We should expect a delay?

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Restricting use of OS to the defender and the FIRST attacking org sounds like a fair way of dealing with the use of OSes which would come down to less OSes within one towerbattle as mentioned above
    Defender makes sense, it should be a defense tool.

However, you should remember that locking to the first attacking org could well lock it to an org that last attacked 4 or 5 hours ago, and now has noone online.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Is the Booster Pack still end of January?

We're mid of January now, the preorder didn't happen yet. We should expect a delay?
    Bump for this! I posted this on 1st Page. When?????????
    Kamikaze "Kaitoujeanne" - 220/30/70 - Doctor
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.•`
    Ice "Shivaz" Crystal - Meta-Physicist
    .¸.•´☆ ¤º☆ ¸.•` ☆ ¤º☆.¸.•´☆ ¤º☆`.¸.•

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post

Seriously, give me a clear anwer and you'll no longer look so stupid.
    So I have to answer to you to prove that I'm not stupid? How about you get your head out of the clouds, oh mighty doofus.

What is it you dont understand? Clan is supposed to not be in a blob AND not be split up at the same time. It's brilliant! Finally a strategy to beat os/sb!
    Always funny to see whiners posting nonsense.

While I don't have any real-life tactical warfare experience, it's not hard to see ways to avoid major blobbing and splitting up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Point out where I insult you in that post and I'll PayPal 50 bucks to the account of your choice.
    Definition of Insult:

An insult (also called putdown) is an expression, statement or behavior that is considered degrading.

Taken from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insult

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    He doesn't have one, plainly detectable by the presence of thinly veiled insults after being shot down.

Classic Perfekt posting practice, tbh:

Perfekt: "I'm right, bow to me, I know all"
    PartyB: "No you're not, <list of reasons/examples as to why>".
    Perfekt: "Yes I am, you're just too stupid to realise that I am right and I am therefore not going to lower myself to explaining it to you. Whiner."
    Yup, looks like an insult to me. Of course, it doesn't bother me....I'm just pointing out the insult.

$50 plx
    -----

I'd like to point out that I did make a mistake earlier. My original reply to Means was regarding OS and OS alone. It seems the whining from others wasn't necessarily about OS, but about the omni SB. While I still feel that if there is a way to avoid this SB+OS tactic, if there is a spammability factor involved with the omni SB and not with the clan SB, then the SB mechanics need to be changed.

Nerfing OS is not the solution as that is like killing the human to cure the disease. Unfortunately, FC has a history of killing many humans... (no pun intended)

Lol, reading xauns post i came to think about how i envoisiond the battle stations before i actually got on one...

I envisiond them like huge (like 2 or 3 times what we have now) stations that once every 6.34 or whatever days became open to fight over and both sides would rush to win ONE BS round, whoever won got VP and could use OS for the next week and that you if you won would get about enough points to buy 1/10th or 1/5th of a weapon or armor so it would take atleast 5 weeks before we would see any OFAB at all in-game (that i also envisioned to be brutally much better then Alien armor)..... And that you after having reasearched a new mech upgrade you could pay several million creds to upgrade your mech with this component in a factory in your Alien City...... And that mechs also would requier real skill to use...

*blinks*

Wanne guess if i was disappointed and went "wtf this makes no sense at all... they call THIS a expansion? rofl.. <.<" when LE came out after TWO YEARS?
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    So I have to answer to you to prove that I'm not stupid? How about you get your head out of the clouds, oh mighty doofus.
    The problem is that you make wild claims noone believes (or understands where you got 'em from), and when asked to back them up with facts and/or reasoning, you cannot do so. That makes you look stupid, oh mighty doofus.

So if you would pretty please explain "Who said you are limited to either running around in a big group or running around in smaller groups? Why not both?" to me? It'd be delightful to know what on earth you're meaning with that, if it's not what I wrote in earlier posts.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

What about Double AS Tigress?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    The problem is that you make wild claims noone believes (or understands where you got 'em from), and when asked to back them up with facts and/or reasoning, you cannot do so. That makes you look stupid, oh mighty doofus.

So if you would pretty please explain "Who said you are limited to either running around in a big group or running around in smaller groups? Why not both?" to me? It'd be delightful to know what on earth you're meaning with that, if it's not what I wrote in earlier posts.

There is a big difference in "cannot" and "will not".

But since I've gone this far, I will throw you a hint or two...

1) Running around in one big group is a death march. Might as well be wearing a bullseye.

2) Smaller groups would work BUT not everyone has to be in a group.

Now, I wonder what professions would be great for concealment and taking out prime targets from far distance....

That's as much as I intend to help you with. I fully expect you to attempt to rip those hints to pieces, but that would only be because you apparently lack the creativity to come up with a decent plan of attack/defense.

There is a big difference in "cannot" and "will not".

But since I've gone this far, I will throw you a hint or two...

1) Running around in one big group is a death march. Might as well be wearing a bullseye.

2) Smaller groups would work BUT not everyone has to be in a group.
    Ok, so exactly what I wrote with IE one group of 10 and one of 40? Or alot of groups of IE 10 toons?

The groups of 10 would be mopped up by the big force that doesn't have to fear for SB+OS.

Now, I wonder what professions would be great for concealment and taking out prime targets from far distance....
    Not agents, to take out a target we either need to get into perking range which is 20ish meter (because well, an AS doesn't kill someone eh? ), or into melee range (to do a PE swap and finish off with SA/Dimach). Besides almost every other ranged profession out there can get 40m range, which is the hardcap.

That's as much as I intend to help you with. I fully expect you to attempt to rip those hints to pieces, but that would only be because you apparently lack the creativity to come up with a decent plan of attack/defense.
    So sir, again, what makes you think these smaller groups don't get mopped up by the bigger groups?

Yes, in real life snipers can take out groups np. But in real life you can't press TAB a few times until you found the sniper. ;p The same goes for guerilla wars, these peoples hide in weird places and shoot at the bigger group from there. But in AO? TAB and you've targeted them, from there it's a matter of seconds before the bigger group kills the smaller one.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitoujeanne View Post
    Bump for this! I posted this on 1st Page. When?????????
    - Any news on that date, anyone?

and for the record, as a returning oldtimer, i am sad realizing that this great game still got the same problems now as it did 3-4 years ago. Too see all this potential (still going strong after so many years!) slipping away like this... its a shame.

I dont care about balance issues, having OS's or not, knockbacks or fears, even the outdated grafix doesnt bother me, game mechanics will always be subject for opinions from us players, and thats just a natural part of any mmorpg out there...

What really bothers me is the following unique problem, namely the very special "lag" AO has. (ofc all mmorpgs has lag issues of various kinds, but not like the one AO seems to have)

Its not just a ordinary lag, that occurs in every mmorpgs, due to various factors like population, server structure, clientside issues or whatever... no, its lag thats saturates every aspect of the game. it almost seems to be built-in to the very fabric of the game. everything from moving things in inventory to executing the simplest nano ( not to mention chat lag!) is truly something thats been present since day one, and has become a natural part of this game for everyone who has played it for a longer period of time and that everyone compensate for.

This problem surpasses all other "issues" discussed in this forum by far imo, but noone seems to talk about it, or even reflect over it.
    I love AO, my first "real" mmorpg, i have many memories from this game, and still have friends that i met thru this game and we have played almost all mmorpgs released since 2001, and we more than once have said "damn, AO was a kickass game, u think we could go back and...?"we install the game, patch it for half a day and get desillusionised.
    As i said earlier, i love this game, playerbase is sane and somewhat mature (:P) and this game has NO rival when it comes to complexity, character-development and tradeskilling (well, EVE beats that imo) but i have a hard time seeing this game grow and new players starting ordinary accounts with this issue ive mentioned, considering the competing mmorpgs out there...
    Sorry for the long post, i got carried away, and i didnt do this to annoy anyone, just had to get it out of my system,
    //Hoppie, Rimor

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast