DESTINATION: SOL SYSTEM, EARTH, NEW ALLEGHENY, AGE RESIDENCE
    PRIORITY INFORMATION CHANNEL

This Message Brought To You By:

WORLDLINK!

Bringing Worlds Apart Together As One

. . . . .

MESSAGE_DECODE

Hey mom, hey dad.

It's Ken here, and I know it has been entirely too long a time spent not keeping in touch. The best thing I have for an excuse is that I wanted to make you, and everybody else there proud. Just like the letter I left says, I didn't want to say anything until I knew I could do just that. I'm just so sorry for any tears I may have brought on by doing what I believed I had to.

But I hope that is beyond us now, and I hope this letter is finding you, and everybody else, well.

The major thing I wanted to say is that for entirely too long, I have not been able to tell the ones I love that I want them to have a Merry Christmas, just like in the old days back home. And that's why I just cannot hold out any longer. Keeping the promise I made in my letter, that I would only contact you when I had made something of myself to make you proud, is just not a promise I can uphold any longer. I love you all too much for that.

I miss home. I miss the smell of mom's cooking, or the fuss dad would make when his zigball team didn't make the finals. I miss grandma and grandpa's stories, I miss the way they would always make me find my presents scattered all over their house when we went to see them the day after Christmas. I miss the trees, the lake, I miss the playground in the park, I miss the decorations for the season, the skaters on the lake, I miss every little thing about home, but most of all I miss you.

I want you to know I have never stopped thinking about the actions I have made, and the repercussions they may have had on the ones I cared for most.

In the end, the most important thing is that I am still here, alive and well, in Rubi-Ka. Maybe I did not end up the star Omni-Tek executive with a cushy chair that grandpa had always envisioned being, but I ended up something better, I think.

Rubi-Ka is more than grandma or grandpa ever let on, with more wonder and amazement than could ever be found back home. Such wonder comes at a price as I had always been warned, but that is a price I have found to be worth it. These people that I have spent my time with, who have helped me overcome every obstacle that I have ever faced, are some of the greatest people I have ever known. I cannot thank them enough for the help they have given me when I needed it most.

But don't worry, I am still alright. There have been problems, but they are nothing I can't overcome with the help of the friends I mentioned.

I....look different. I sound different. That is why this message is in text, but don't worry, it will all come in time. And believe me, the story behind how I sound, and why I look the way I do is an entirely different story. I promise, you won't have to wait another six years to find that story out.

This letter has taken me what felt like an eternity to write. I have wanted to say something for so long, but have been afraid of what you might think, that out of nowhere the son who simply couldn't stay safely at home just decided one day that he might matter again to the people he abandoned. I want you to know I never abandoned you. I love you all so much, and only want to make you proud.

And that is part of the reason I am sitting at the console, writing this now. I think that maybe I have done something to make you proud, and it took me until just recently to feel that it was something worth being proud of. I left Omni-Tek years ago, to join a life in the part of Rubi-Ka that grandma and grandpa knew so little of; the Clans.

Being with them has been a life changing experience, in more ways than one. Not only do I know that I have a purpose, but that I have a real chance at making some sort of difference in this world. Considering how key this world is even to other worlds out there, including Earth...it could be the most important thing I could possibly do. I work for a body of people called the Council of Truth. Chances are, they aren't heard of much from outside of Rubi-Ka, due to Omni-Tek keeping the situation on the planet hush hush, and the media controlled.

I work with some of the most powerful people on this planet in helping to mediate our sides, to help end this war, one way or the other. You always taught me that it was smarter to use your head than your muscle, and I apply that same principle to my job; I want to use what I know to end things peacefully, if possible.

I hope you are all proud of me. It's all I ever wanted, even if I had to go about it in what I now admit was the wrong way.

I hope that someday very soon I can come back home, even if for just a little bit, to see you all again. I miss you all so much, and want to see everyone again.

For now though, I just want to tell you I love you more than anything in this world, or any other.

I want you all to have a Merry Christmas. I regret not being able to send anything, but I am hoping that just knowing your son is alive, well, and even making something of himself is enough to keep you happy and smiling through what I imagine are some very cold, difficult months back there.

I am going to enclose the information needed to get back in contact with me, which until now, I had not been able to provide.

You all are my life, and though I was wrong in doing what I felt had to be done, I hope that you can forgive me for what I put you through.

I never, ever want to hurt you again.

I love you so much, no matter what happens.

Merry Christmas to you, and to everyone who reads this letter.

Your loving son always,

Ken

. . . .

END_TRANSMISSION

ATTACHMENT_COORDS: AERIAL CITY JOBE, PLAZA DISTRICT, LUX APARTMENT 803
    KEN_AGE COUNCIL OF TRUTH CLERICAL STAFF
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

((Fantastic! So, we ARE in breakthrough after all with you IC :P Great step in character developement Hrm... this gives me an idea, if you dont mind me exploring it))
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

((You're more than welcome to! And yeah, I was hoping to branch out Nuli's character somewhere, hehe...this is a good step in that direction ))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu