Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist: Alpha absorber - Desecration of Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    Isn't it just something like this: Alpha, kill?

Or miss and die
    I h8 u
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    Isn't it just something like this: Alpha, kill?

Or miss and die
    Whatever you do, die.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Heh, Klod and Chrys voodooninjaed the former NT forum atmosphere to MP's forum... Well, a apart of it at least.

On topic : -1500/-20% with 100% NR check seems a bit over the top to me.
    What about -1000/-15% with 90% NR check?
    Or in Malpractice and CB trend, a thrice time stackable debuff like -400/-7% with 90% NR check? Just give it a 3s or 4s att+rech and it should be useful, not gamebreaking (although I admit it might not have the effect you intended it to have in terms of Alpha Absorbing).
    Last edited by Shrubberyman; Dec 24th, 2008 at 12:58:13.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Or in Malpractice and CB trend, a thrice time stackable debuff like -400/-7% with 90% NR check? Just give it a 3s or 4s att+rech and it should be useful, not gamebreaking (although I admit it might not have the effect you intended it to have in terms of Alpha Absorbing).
    1500 is halved in PVP. 20% damage debuff - NT will barely notice it. It won't affect perks as of now.

-100% check is just fine, we don't need easymode like you NTs - it'll land on those whom we need it to land - soldiers, advs, shades, etc. (maybe trouble with enfs only). Duration is 20 seconds, which is very short as to lose it if you want SS up or lose SS and other stuff if you're trying to mix this with ENSD, scourges or other nanos most times. To be worthwhile against NTs, we need to stack this with Scourge and the Nano Division all on very short durations and leaving us vulnerable to other profs out there (yes, you may bring a frand to PVP apparently).

-1000 won't do crap, we already have -900 from stacking the two desecrations + wrath abatement and we still can get alpha'd through it by melees and ranged. In fact, as long as it doesn't affect perks it won't be that effective, which is why this current one doesn't work.

Casting it multiple times defeats the point, we already have that - our toolset mostly consists of long recharge nanos which means we can pick one or two in a given situation, most of which are tailored for very specific opponents - so you cast one but get jumped by the wrong one = youdead.

Anyway, as I said this thing won't do what it is meant to so can bin it.
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Bumped on Corily's request.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    Heh, Klod and Chrys voodooninjaed the former NT forum atmosphere to MP's forum... Well, a apart of it at least.

With a little tweaking on the numbers so it's effective in practical use as well, I find this idea pretty good actually

PS: thanks for the bump

Man before Ebag and X tried to troll and derail this thread this was a good suggestion. Still is.
    bai2u!

Aye still is a good idea at base - indeed the basic idea of rolling together the old RK dmg/init debuffs and one of the SL debuffs has been pushed a lot by DR I think.

I tend more to rolling the two SL debuffs into one and then making the RK debuffs a 10m AoE.

X

P.S. Please note, I only tried to help this idea getting to the wishlist, by suggesting that you and Klod tone down the aggressiveness and personal attacks on the then Profs - and by suggesting to the Profs, that they needed to be more open to everybody's ideas getting into the wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Klodders View Post
    If it don't happen soon enough, we gonna end up lagging behind in that cloud of dust, along with engies and crats. LOL, look at them. I started to understand all that whines of theirs lately.
    Funny how those two got boosted with new AS pistol and PM perkline rework.

And where are MPs? Still eating the dust.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I didnt read everything but... Do you really think it i'll make any change? DD debuffs go BEFORE %50 dd reduction, not after.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

To update it to 2010, if FC could make it work vs perks (the reason I'm all like "it won't work" earlier in the thread) and give it a 1 minute cooldown that would be dandy ta
    bai2u!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    To update it to 2010, if FC could make it work vs perks (the reason I'm all like "it won't work" earlier in the thread) and give it a 1 minute cooldown that would be dandy ta
    MP's get hit by perks?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    MP's get hit by perks?
    wut?

the funny thing is that Kink highlights precisely why this is a good tool for non-SoZ MPs without overpowering SoZ MPs.
    bai2u!

Still, it will only work if:
    1 - Check after %50 cap on players
    2 - Work on perks aswell

And... why pvp only? We need it to solo things too ;P
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

If MP's turn into the next ranged advies with pets I will seriously stop playing AO.

Easymode is a disease. :P
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I've asked many times, for FC to extend the damage debuff so that it debuffs Perk damage as well as normal damage. Honestly, I don't really understand why they didn't sort this when they were developed for SL.

You'll get all sorts of complaints, though, about the debuffs being too large because they'd bring so many perks down to 0 damage. If people start saying that, tell them that Blackmane designed them and said at the time, that the reason these debuffs should be powerful enough to reduce many hits to zero at top of the line. It's still nowhere near as bad as a stun - doesn't affect movement, doesn't afffect casting, doesn't affect item usage, doesn't stop all damage etc etc

As long aas they're short duration (which they will be in the new nano design concept) there's really no reason why they shouldn't affect perks too.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Edit2: Screw NTs we need something to stack on our pathetic scourges.
    Does the OP still think this is needed ?

You got 50% on HS, 25% on ND, + i think a -25% proc ? CoNC perk for -20 depending your nanoskill setup and NT's NR ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    If MP's turn into the next ranged advies with pets I will seriously stop playing AO.

Easymode is a disease. :P
    I doubt this alone would bring us even close to ranged advs.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast