Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Many First Generation Fixers are left?

Played a fixer through beta 4 and my main is still a fixer (Anarchin L57).

I enjoy my fixer but it pisses me off, that all the new fixer nanos are MC dependant. I have to reroll to use 'em. No way!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Originally posted by Anarchin
    Played a fixer through beta 4 and my main is still a fixer (Anarchin L57).

I enjoy my fixer but it pisses me off, that all the new fixer nanos are MC dependant. I have to reroll to use 'em. No way!
    The IP wipe is comming so you don't have to reroll. The question is are you going to gamble your IP points on MC in the hopes that you will be able to get the VERY rare Grid Armor disk. If you can't find the disk, then you are stuck with the not so useful ability to summon weapons, armor and ammo. Hardly a good trade for the HOT or root that you would have to give up.

Cool Fixer forever :-))

Started playing AO on the third day after the release and after 14 days of ignorance (played an engineer... Never managed to handle that pet... ) I born Fixeline. And I have played her ever since. My only char. =))) Love her way to much to leave her alone for to long. :-)) Some say we fixers are gimped, but we sure is the coolest and most persistant proffesion. Hopefully we will get some FunCom love, but I am and always will be a fixer no matter what FunCom does.

Miss Fixeline 105 Fixer RK1

The Red Flash

Originally posted by Crin

The IP wipe is comming so you don't have to reroll. The question is are you going to gamble your IP points on MC in the hopes that you will be able to get the VERY rare Grid Armor disk. If you can't find the disk, then you are stuck with the not so useful ability to summon weapons, armor and ammo. Hardly a good trade for the HOT or root that you would have to give up.
    I agree! I would never give up my run, grid teleport, and HoT nanos for anything like summon weapon. I just fear that FC still got some MC dependant nanos up their sleeves.

Never used the roots much though - any tips on using them to the full? They always break when I cast them.
    $

My level 36 fixer is still live and kicking. Her name is Amer and the ips are hopelessly distributed. Maxed nanores and conceal among others.

She's using a ql 110 mausser hehe.

Originally posted by zepta
    She's using a ql 110 mausser hehe.
    Cheater!
    $

my lvl 97 fixer is my first char i made..
    Wish i had started all over again at 30 since i used assult rifles and dual FAs and all kind off stuff back there..

And i didnt put much ip into nanoskills either and that wasnt very smart of me..

Im wearing mausser now (who doesnt?) But
    Im seriously thinking about changing weapon type again to shotgun..
    If the ip reset ive been hearing about becomes reality im changing without a doubt..

Northdiamond
    lvl 97
    clan fixer

First gen Level 71 Fixer from Beta 4. Took off 6 weeks before the story began .

Wear: Ql 105-110 Obtru, various Ql 90-115 sets of implants, and Ql 117 Mausser (need a better one), and of course, my crown of thorns, aka the Pioneer Pack heh.

I keep my hots, evades, and first aid skills up, and do 50% missions comfortably. In group hunting I'm not gimped as of yet, and hold my own.

For some inexplicable reason I enjoy my Fixer, and it's the only profession that I play. Keep the faith my fellow cyber-smuggling- hacking fools b/c it can only get better for us, not worse...err I think?

Had a fixer during Beta. Created Skorpion on day one and played only this char all along, no alt, no reroll .

PS: Paying 50mil + Full 6x64NCU belt + full suit of armor QL200 of your choice + all the runable nano of your Prof. For Grid Armor MkIII Disc

AO day one Fixer here. Level 64 with a QL109 Aleph 99. I even have a pair of original Katara sunglasses I found in a backyard mission from back in the day they were worth 250k (so much for holding onto a unique item). I quit for a long time to play some other classes. I'm back to my Fixer now (still my favorite, wasted IPs and all) and a 60th level soldier.

Cool still here

Hello my name is Hextorr and i'm a fixer
    I've been a Fixer since 20 July when i joined AO... it's my main and only character, in all i have taken 9 weeks off AO since i started playing and my current lvl is a few hours from 147

Im currently (as far as i know) the highest ACTIVE Clan Fixer, and if im not mistaken the 3rd Highest ACTIVE Fixer in Rubi-ka 1, soon to be Number 2. I know there were higher fixers but as far as i know they dont play them anymore and/or sold their accounts.

Growing up as a Fixer was verry intresting, the game was new everyone was taking the first steps. Levels go up fast and everything goes well untill you approach lvl 50 if i remember well, all the sudden you find yourself out of ips all the time lagging behind on everything and feeling weak... you can't solo missions unless you have the patience of a monk. i somehow managed to get high enough to fit a full set of ql125 implants, that was a turning point, i was stronger but that soon washes off has you lvl and the implants become old, i tell you the key to success is grouping, and a good attitude, try and have fun.

It is now finally looking better, as i approach 150 i am finaly putting ips into nano skills again wich i havent for a long time, i maxed all my evades and well... it just might not be so bad after all... but its a long hard way...

on a side note, every class getts a sense of ubberness after lvl 150... its just that fixers ONLY get it after 150, and other classes get it all the time... Nuke it, Mk it, Buff me, Sneak that mission, Tank that mob..... ohh look a fixer errr... hmmm... ok you can... Run from it and circle us the doc will heal you..

I'v always kept my hopes high, i like mostly the idea of beeing a Fixer... and i do have fun... and it gets better from now on... it gets much better

Im still here

lvl 101 Fixer
    Kohistan
    Proffesion: (Fixer)
    Black Dawn Syndicate

i started playing a couple weeks after ao came out, played a crat to lvl 6, a soldier to lvl 8, and then did a ****load of race/class/ipsetup math, and thought fixers would be cool for the ability to grid phreak, and fast wpns with static augmens is theoretically a combo. stopped playing around lvl 63, because ALL there was in the game was a leveling treadmill. came back when grid armor came out, got it later that day, been playing since, im lvl 110 now, the dungeons are amazingly cool, and fixers are good, they are just kinda like druids, MUCH better outdoors, not really designed for the bs missions everybody seems to like doing ) root is an obscenely good spell, i have used it to solo red mobs outdoors, kiting, yes it takes a while, but at least its possible ).

106 First Generation Fixer here... It gets rough at times. I have a few alts for when I'm frustrated. I'm a fixer at heart though.

Kenda "Heroin" Pippin

Returning from the grave...

Well, from about mid december until now, my personal life turned to hell, Christmass travel was required, and otherwise I had little intrest in playing my fixer. Yy is popular, has a lot of people willing to help him out, but psychologically, I was at a wall... I could see my mistakes, I knew where I had failed him, and what many people didn't realize, he was the first character which I ever rolled on Rubi-ka. I was *very* lucky to have made some of the choices I made early on. So, there sitting in slot 0 of my character list is Yyerinfahr, level 67 fixer - possibly retired. So with all the time I had in and out of home, I retired a very depressed fixer - at probably a very bad time.

With less time to devote over the holdiay, I picked up an engie... I figured - heck, I'll need something to someday make me a set of grid armor, and there are very few tradeskill characters whom I trust enough to do so, and those that exist rarely log.

With 50 hours of play, I achieved 40th level, a level 67 bot (as the level 50 MP said holy sh*t! that's way higher than me! when e cast the masteries to summon him), a car, and pretty hefty tradeskills. And no, I didn't move over a ton of stuff from Yy. I made him on the spur of the moment. If you want an easy class to play, play an engie... but that is not my point.

Yesterday, to mark the beginning of the new year, I started a new fixer, Nulleffect - level 8 clan fixer who *will* have 250 tokens before he turns level 60, because I will never deal with the mission hell Yy put me through. That is the plan anyway.

At level 6, I found as a mission reward a QL6 Michael Patriot. I took the mission, and ran with it. After firing it 3 times, I put up my QL9 mausser - for a indeterminate period of time. I tell you now, the sound is at least different, and it feels like you are holding a SMG when you fire it (much faster fire/recharge). When I turned level 8, I made contact with my old friend fixers, he inherited a QL16, which I can tell you now, will knock the socks off any QL16 mausser. With Nulleffect, I fear that I have no choice but to keep him superpimped, because I know the woes of Yyerin.

I'm not looking forward to the /terminate command. I've always thought that was kind of cheap, but - I fear I have little choice in that matter. So, as soon as I have my first runbuff, I see Nulleffect as beginning that route in order to preserve the mission size.

Null effect is a MC/Runbuff fixer from the start. I have chosen to concentrate on the skills necessary for these things, and my Evades at almost every other cost. With Nulleffect, I hope that grid armor will be possible, and I will be able to choose when to level quickly to use it. Until then, I will focus on 250 tokens, and obtaining grid armor.

I will play my engineer occasionally, with an effort to get him able to manufacture grid armor, and make new weapons for fixers. Unfortunately, the SMG kits still do not work. It is a fun class, but - let me say it now, engies are slow and I have less intrest in really playing them. It is a support class, for my lower level fixer.

So, here is the rundown:

Yyerinfahr, 67 opiflex clan fixer, retired.
    Chizzle, 40 solitus clan engineer with David his 67 bot
    Nulleffect, 8 opiflex clan fixer - 17 tokens and counting.
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

Me too!

old fixer again, now level 103. only char I've really played too.

Still here.

I've been puttering about Rubi-Ka since the beginning as well, rank 62 now and somewhat dreading the approach of 80 (but at my pace I've a few months for things to improve).

Toshiko 'Treble' Western
    Director of ICM
    Titan Mining, LLC
    RK-1

still at it

well rollo303 here.

Started this guy on day 2. rolled a few other characters since but always came back to Rollo.

Only lvl 57 at the moment, but having a good time.

don't play every day. If I did then I wouldn't want to
    Everybody needs an 808
    Everybody needs a 303

Rollo!

Cheers Rollo303!
    Miss you
    still got maussers for you, my friend
    And yeah, get your ass in gear, even though i struggle, im speeding ahead of you
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

*sigh*

Still here too...

Torgman, clan fixer on RK-1, my first and last char... Created day one, as I also played a fixer in beta. Currently lvl105.

I quit playing for a couple of months when my guild died after the 12.6 patch, but came back and found that 2 old guildmates had started a new guild...

I fear I will quit for good if FC doesn't focus on fixers soon... I've got a ql163 mausser (soon ql188), ql136 obtru armor, ql119 hanshi primus decus coat, FULL set of ql125-130 implants (cost me 4.3mill just for the clusters and empty implants) and I STILL can't solo a yellow mob... 3k ac, 2.5k hp...

People tell me to try different classes... I've got an omni MA at lvl9 and a clan trader at lvl9, and they will never again be played... nothing but the fixer has ever been interresting for me, but I'm starting to get fed up with being the gimp to tag along with my guildmates for xp...
    --
    Torgman - Clan Fixer
    Torgshaolin - Clan MA
    Torgstash - Clan Trader
    Torgmedic - Clan Doc
    Torgredtape - Clan Crat

Games don't make people violent. Lag does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast