Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TIM Scope is NOT dropping?

Question TIM Scope is NOT dropping?

Patch Notes
    Boss monsters in the BIOMARE dungeon will have a chance of spawning more often. The unique loot on the boss monster will have a less chance off dropping on each spawn, but the overall drop rate should be the same as before. The bodyguard and neutralizer will have a higher chance of dropping their special loot.
    Well many many people have killed TIM and not once has the ranged init buff scope dropped. Strangely, I got two of the supposedly more rare Engineer scopes to drop.

Cz, can you check into this. The patch notes obviously say that it should be dropping as regularly as before.

Just an FYI, and this was before the 14.5 patch.

I had to kill TIM like, 5 times before he finally dropped the scope.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

T.I.M is supposed to drop the same loot as before.
    I will check up on this and see if any changes has been done to what items he drops.

He is not supposed to drop all items on each death so you might have to kill him a few times to get the item you are looking for.

-Z

So he is not set to drop the T.I.M scope (RI increase) on every death?
    - ][GoT NuKE?][ -

----
    Systembug 184 Trox NT
    Sadakoi 180 Doc
    Lightshade 148 Fixer
    Thunderbug 93 MA
    Deathclown 66 Enf
    Deathjester 64 Agent
    Cubix 46 Soldier
    Pwndbug 45 Adv

Hm

Just an FYI, and this was before the 14.5 patch.

I had to kill TIM like, 5 times before he finally dropped the scope.
    Interesting, every time I've been in on a TIM kill prior to 14.5 (including several in 14.4) the TIM scope dropped. Maybe they have an intermittent problem of some kind not related to the mob inventory selection code but having more to do with the client-server interaction listing items to loot? Naah, that would be too stupid even to be a Funcom bug.... Maybe it's just bad luck, yeah that's it, bad luck....
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Originally posted by Znore
    T.I.M is supposed to drop the same loot as before.
    I will check up on this and see if any changes has been done to what items he drops.

He is not supposed to drop all items on each death so you might have to kill him a few times to get the item you are looking for.

-Z
    Znore, thank you for your prompt reply. It is always nice to hear from you guys.

From the patch notes I imputed that if TIM is supposed to spawn 12 times a day and drop say 6 scopes on average, then the fact that he spawns more often say 24 times in a day, still only 6 scopes will still drop per day. So I think we are in agreement on this issue. I thought the prepatch drop rate was 1/2.

Myself and others who I talked to have killed him 20+ times with no HUD scope drop. The fact that I got 2 STM scopes to drop out of 8-10 kills for me (which I thought dropped very rarely) seems to indicate that the HUD scope drop rate may be messed up.

Again thanks and I look forward to your response.

(Looking desperately to get out of TLR )

it dropped first kill last night for a guildie
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Aaaah .. increased spawn .. Decreased droploot on scope i see *missed that info*

Do you still crit on every hit?
    - ][GoT NuKE?][ -

----
    Systembug 184 Trox NT
    Sadakoi 180 Doc
    Lightshade 148 Fixer
    Thunderbug 93 MA
    Deathclown 66 Enf
    Deathjester 64 Agent
    Cubix 46 Soldier
    Pwndbug 45 Adv

Re: Hm

Originally posted by Strycker
    Interesting, every time I've been in on a TIM kill prior to 14.5 (including several in 14.4) the TIM scope dropped.
    Was good luck on your part. I've been in T.I.M.-killing teams four times pre-14.5, and only twice did scopes drop. Both happened to be the non-Engie one.

Cheers,
    Martek

Pre 14.5 I killed TIM 3 times and was 3 for 3. Based on what others had said I had guessed the pre-patch drop rate was at least 50%.

Kill after kill now TIM has not once dropped it and often drops nothing at all which I think is odd.

from my exp

from my experience after 14.5 patch... ive seen 5 tim deaths, no +180 RI scope, nada

Re: TIM Scope is NOT dropping?

Originally posted by Seraphfirst
    Strangely, I got two of the supposedly more rare Engineer scopes to drop.
    /me pulls his hair out

I've killed this guy 30+ times and still no eng scope.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

The S.T.M. has a droprate about 10% (pre-14.5), I think.

I had to take T.I.M. down 13 times or so before finding it.. and I became one happy engineer after that.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Bump

5 more TIMs and still nada

Hi again,

I have now checked into this issue and I have located an error that causes the TIM, Tri and Labdirector mobs to drop their special loot less frequently than intended.

At this time I have no ETA on when the fix goes live.

-Znore

Thanks Znore for checking this out and replying so quickly. It is very nice to have you/FC respond as you have here.

Please let us know when you think it will be corrected.

Now it is time for /me terminates out of TLR

Talking Thanks Znore

Perhaps a sticky thread of running/confirmed fixes - in test server forum?, and any expected ETA, even if No ETA is common on the list.

So that 1) people realize that something has been reported and confirmed, and 2) testers realize what might still need to be checked out.

Just trying to keep the communication good.

Abu

Smile Bump!

Znore, let's get this fixed sooner rather than later

Bump for a fix!

humm

killed tim 3 times nothing yet.. i'll go back today

Thanks for the info, Znore. It's appreciated.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast