Thread: Rooting and falling from the sky

Angry Rooting and falling from the sky

Cloude I have had that happen too, isnt the whole point of a jet to be able to fly away. I was flying out of 2ho and got rooted suddenly I was back on the ground. I have no interest in PVP becuase I am not an agent and I dont have time to look for exploites. If you get rooted I think you should just freeze. You cant get in you jet/car when you are in a fight anyway so they can get a chance to kill you. So when that lvl 144 guy comes around to smoke my lvl80 butt and I am flying away he can just root me and then kill me, doesnt seem right.

Thnx

Yeah it really anoys me...Its a bug/exploit, something, it should be fixed..please

Its not a bug/exploit, its the way it is supposed to be, you should not be close to invulnerable in a plane, flying is already to safe. Removing the only danger of flying would be lame.
    NT phone HOME!!

Shut your damn face you foo.

There already alot of bugs and who the hell are you to say it aint a bug anyhow.

I dont think yals should "FALL" out the sky.

Scenerio 1:

1: Cant take grid to 2h0 cuz of exploiting grid campers

2: Whompah, to 2h0, Same scenario.

3: Use my yal and FLY THE HELL away? (No cuz i get rooted)

Option?
    None

Yals should not be rooted, at the price they cost you sould have the option to beable to fly INTO people an kill them ;[

Rooted planes should fall.
    Attacked planes should fall *if they take damage(

Players with guns or nanos should be able to take players down from the sky in their yalmaha.

For all the "WAHHH's" out there that claim they are just going to a mission, GO THE LONG WAY.

You guys are fools for entering PVP zones in yalms.

Regardless of if its a bug or not, you can't defend youreself and you know what WILL happen to you if you are flying and someone tries to root you. If you think it's a bug go post a bug report or put it on envisioned.

People aren't going to stop rooting you because you are in a car and you feel it is unfair for them to do it.

lol

lol, i love it how nt:s thinks that this is intended!
    What a bunch of fools!

Vandame

It is intended, just look at the name of one of our roots: "Burden of Atlas", the god in greek or roman mythology that carried the world on top of his shoulders. The root adds alot of weight to you, and your plane is not made for that, thats why you fall to the ground.

BTW, not sure if anyone but me is NT in this thread.
    NT phone HOME!!

Re: lol

Originally posted by Vandame
    lol, i love it how nt:s thinks that this is intended!
    What a bunch of fools!

Vandame
    I think it is intended and I am a Fixer. You are never suppose to be invulnerable in the game.

I have even heard that Funcom is not happy about players in Yalms having easy access to missions. The idea of missions is that part of the difficuly was just getting to them, which is why the further ones give better rewards. If you are in a Yalm you can go to the toughest zones in the game without fear. Btw, expect this to change. You have been warned.

Oh, great debating skills there Vandame. Just how long did it take for you to come up with that fools comment? I'm guessing 3 hours. Keep up the good work.

Off topic, but a needed response.

I have even heard that Funcom is not happy about players in Yalms having easy access to missions. The idea of missions is that part of the difficuly was just getting to them, which is why the further ones give better rewards. If you are in a Yalm you can go to the toughest zones in the game without fear. Btw, expect this to change. You have been warned.
    If this is true, why did tons of yalms start spawning in missions?

FC wants to keep the pace of the game up. They don't want people to get frustrated/bored running to missions and/or getting killed. This may be a desperation move, or whatever. I bought mine.

Further ones have better rewards? Rome green -> clon**** (safe) maybe 10k at QL60. Rome Green -> stret east maybe 18k at QL60. For how hard it is for a QL60 player to get through stret east to a mission on foot, it should be worth a half mil.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Crin's just mad because Fixers think that since they have green run skills and run buffs, they don't need a Yalmaha. Put in your two weeks to save up for a Yalmaha just like the rest of us (unless you're one of the lucky ones to find it in a chest or bought credits on Ebay).

I spent two agonizing weeks running missions to Clon**** to save for my Yalmaha. If you can't do the same thing, stop whining that you don't have a Yal. Anyone can get a Yal, you just have to earn it.

How many people would actually still play AO if FC took away your Yalmaha?

Originally posted by cson
    Crin's just mad because Fixers think that since they have green run skills and run buffs, they don't need a Yalmaha. Put in your two weeks to save up for a Yalmaha just like the rest of us (unless you're one of the lucky ones to find it in a chest or bought credits on Ebay).

I spent two agonizing weeks running missions to Clon**** to save for my Yalmaha. If you can't do the same thing, stop whining that you don't have a Yal. Anyone can get a Yal, you just have to earn it.
    Oh Ye who dost not know. I ran missions for three weeks to get my Yalm.

You are right about me not liking the idea that anyone can buy a Yalmaha and be faster than a Fixer. How would docs like it if I could buy first aid packs that let me out heal them? However, that is a point for another thread and has nothing to do with my issues here.

I have ongoing issues with people who think that they should accomplish objectives risk free at certain times in the game. I've brought up the issue with Agents who thought that they should be able to one-shot kill people at extreme range and I bring it up again here with people who think that being in a Yalmaha means they are untouchable.

It's really a quite simple principle: the greater the risk, the greater the reward. A mission in the heart of a hard to get to dangerous zone should have a bigger reward than one that is right next to a wampa in 75% gas and in general they do. The Broken Shores to Avalon mission use to be my big money maker and we all know if you move the difficulty slider more towards 100%, the distance increases. Yalmahas make the difficulty in traveling to a mission the same for all.

I really don't remember where I heard Funcom's position on Yalms. The information could be good or bad, but I support anything that will bring back the threat to people who fly, and your crying about it will not change anything.

one question.....
    what is a root?

its part of a friggin tree or plant thats in the ground!!!!!

you ever seen a tree grow in the air??

Oh yeah you TOTALLY changed topic

Root, to keep you still on the "ground"

Not get people from the air ..oh and..
    ULTRA1
    You guys are fools for entering PVP zones in yalms.

Oh how does an enforcer bring a yalmaha falling from the skies OH PLEASE DO PRAY TELL!

I just owned you bigtime.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Oh how does an enforcer bring a yalmaha falling from the skies OH PLEASE DO PRAY TELL!

I just owned you bigtime.

Is that a question or a statement? If that's a question here is your answer: They don't have do because with your long zone times they just club you to death before you can move?

LOL dood, spend more time in school, and don't waste too much of your life playing games.

Crin, what lvl are you, and do have Grid armor? I'm a lvl 118 MA, and I actually have to fight though 60% missions to complete them. I know fixers at my level with Grid armor that can run through a 100% mission full of reds, pick up the QL 200 Decus coat (describe item), and run back out without getting hit once. Where's the danger in that? So fixers are the last class that should be complaining about mission safety.

I've got descent runspeed, and I can run QL 160ish missions, but if I come across a locked door, I'm as good as dead. My evades are 600+ buffed.

Originally posted by cson
    Crin, what lvl are you, and do have Grid armor? I'm a lvl 118 MA, and I actually have to fight though 60% missions to complete them. I know fixers at my level with Grid armor that can run through a 100% mission full of reds, pick up the QL 200 Decus coat (describe item), and run back out without getting hit once. Where's the danger in that? So fixers are the last class that should be complaining about mission safety.
    Strike two.

89 Fixer here with no grid armor. btw if grid armor really is that good then it should be nerfed or running missions made more difficult.

I try to look at the game as a whole and not just through myself. If there is a fix for the game that will make it better but hurts me, I suck it up and say go for it. You keep trying to find self-serving motives to my positions, which is your problem. Until you realize that I really think that this is good for the game, you are going to keep shooting in the dark and missing the target. Stop trying to attack the person instead of the argument.

If you think that it is good for the game to have any player able to go to any zone in the game without fear then tell me why.

Part of the excitement of the game is surviving in spite of the danger. I remember sneaking (back when sneaking worked) though mobs to get to a mission when I was lower lever. I remember trying to time it just right so that I could run between two mobs and they wouldn't see me. That was fun, but I don't ever see that happening again because of the Yalmaha.

I would love a system where anti-aircraft guns, or more flying mobs would appear in zones from time to time. I would like to have return-the-item missions, have items that can’t be gridded or flown. I would also like to have yalmahas grounded during bad weather and of course allow players to bring them down with roots or massive damage. To go along with these changes I would like to see the rewards given for missions in hostile areas to be increased. If a player is going to take longer and face more dangers, they should be properly compensated.

The greater the risk, the greater the reward.

And no I am not going to unilaterally give up my Yalmaha in order to relive the glory of my youth.

There is another solution...do not take missions in political zones.

No one is forcing you to.

What are you on about ultra honeslty?!

I Use a QL 200 hammer, I dont do **** all dmg, It sux so bad.
    I swear when I an throw my hammer I will.

Crin, I'm not attacking you. I'm just curious to why you think going to and from missions should be so difficult and time consuming. And why do you want to nerf your own profession? Is it because you envy Fixers that have Grid armor and you don't? Too bad you don't have it. It's an awesome nano. Probably one of the best, allowing fixers to run 100% missions.

And how can you say that you're unbiased and are considerate of all the professions?

Lets assume that everyone had to run to the mission. No Yalmaha.

Going to the mission: Fixers with green runspeed and the best run buffs in the game would get to the mission the quickest and safest.

Returning from a mission: Fixers and NTs can teleport directly into the Grid or Home city with no fear of losing XP on the run back.

So don't be so selfish.