Thread: anyone know how to get the The Edge of the Tarasque sword?

anyone know how to get the The Edge of the Tarasque sword?

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=157856

look at this thing... this is freaking cool! llok down, someone say it's only available if you ninja... what the hell is ninja? I MUST GET THIS!! I LOVE SWORDS!! please help!

sorry to say this, but its unlikely (impossible?) you will ever get it.. :/
    it comes from 1 of the toughest mobs in the game (pre 14.5 anyway? heh) and is probabaly one of the rarest drops in game(?)

it comes from Tarasque, a big lizard in camelot's static dungeon, which is also a pvp zone, and one of the laggiest places when Tarasque does spawn :P

not many have it, and not many will get it
    Last edited by Wal; Sep 25th, 2002 at 12:46:04.
    // wildwal - the sexiest adv evar - now with nr!
    // legion

Hehe, Gargar I just met you in the game

Runaii lvl 38 fixer

Well, good luck is all I have to say. There are only like 3 people on the entire planet who have this sword, its THAT rare.

They DID fix tarasques hitpoints though, so she isnt as hard to kill as she was right after the 14.5 patch. Either way, you will prolly never ever have this sword. You cant buy it either as it is NODROP.

and NINJA is a very BAD thing. Ninja means this.

You see a team of people kill tarasque. Then, after the mob dies, you walk up, and loot the corpse after the time out period, thus "stealing" the loot, and not telling anyone about it. Hence the term "ninja"

All ninjas are bad. Anyone who ninja's, I wish real life harm to. like the loss of a finger or something like that. Stealing is stealing, no matter where it takes place.
    Last edited by Turin; Sep 25th, 2002 at 15:46:40.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

"All ninjas are bad. Anyone who ninja's, I wish real life harm to. like the loss of a finger or something like that. Stealing is stealing, no matter where it takes place."

what kind of a sick freak are you?????

very sad to see u lost touch with reality man...

Originally posted by Superblanka
    "All ninjas are bad. Anyone who ninja's, I wish real life harm to. like the loss of a finger or something like that. Stealing is stealing, no matter where it takes place."

Theft is Theft. no matter where it takes place. Go ask Blizzard about what they think of the people who steal there software. Aftrer all, its only 0's and 1's right? Well, so is stuff in this game, its all 0's and 1's. Someone makes a copy of Warcraft 3, its theft.
    Go to an Arab country where they take the entire hand for theft!!! I only want a small finger! a pinky or something is just fine.

Theft is theft.

Click to email me

It hasn't dropped since the supposed loot fix to Tarasque. Loot fix seems more like a nerf to me since the gaily painted hood seems magically stopped dropping.

Originally posted by Turin
    All ninjas are bad. Anyone who ninja's, I wish real life harm to. like the loss of a finger or something like that. Stealing is stealing, no matter where it takes place.
    no matter where? no matter who?

1. does that include if the ninja is a 12 year old little girl that lives down the street? You'd still wish real life harm?

MY guess would be that at least 50% or more of the players (keyword = "play") of AO would be under the age of 18. Which according to your logic puts you in the same category as a guy they convicted in Calif.

Go ahead reply to this and show us your wisdom.

I dont think I'll agree, but maybe the crowd will.
    Last edited by FooDaddy3; Sep 25th, 2002 at 18:48:24.

The younger they are the more harm should come to them
    Crossbuster Unit Member of storm

Originally posted by Foodaddy3

no matter where? no matter who?

1. does that include if the ninja is a 12 year old little girl that lives down the street? You'd still wish real life harm?

I tink this is getting takin a bit to far.

I will recant. I dont TRUELY wish real life harm on anyone. I was being a bit.... over zelous. But I DO still consider it theft. Yes, even ifg the 12 year old little girl down the street does it. Would I REALLY want her to loose her fingers? no. But in some countries, she could loose a whole hand.

And I agree with kids being tried as adults for certain crimes. like the 15 year old here where i live who was sentenced to death for stabbing his grandmother, and then setting her, and the rest of the apartment building on fire, killing 5 other people as well.
    Last edited by Turin; Sep 25th, 2002 at 18:52:08.

Click to email me

s'ok

s'ok, I have been guilty of getting carried away in this game too.

Usually, about that time my wife comes up behind and slaps the back of my head and reminds me I have to help my daughter with 1st grade homework.

Doh!

Guess its just a sign of what a great game it is.

This was posted a while back by a developer:

Briefly about Tarasque loot:
    The EoT is in the Rare drop slot, and is there with 5 other items. So if he drops a rare piece of loot, there is a 1 in 6 chance that the EoT will be chosen. The other items in the same drop slot are: Aura Magnifier, Hollow Bone Bracer of Merlin Ambrosius, Robust Backpack, Sinew of Tarasque, and the Smelly Butcher Gloves.

So if you get one of those in the drop, you can tear at your hair because you had a chance of getting the EoT
    -blackmane, developer

This was posted recently by Cz

- “Tarasque” has had his hitpoints reduced, and his special attacks are working as they should now. We have also increased the chance of him dropping his special loot.
    The answer is: Difficult to get, but MIGHT drop more often.

Originally posted by Turin

I tink this is getting takin a bit to far.

<yes>

Would I REALLY want her to loose her fingers? no. But in some countries, she could loose a whole hand.

lol dude.. in no country would you loose anything if you stole something inside a pc game...

Id ninja from clan T. kills anytime .. if i could get down there hehe

Immense odds that you'd get PvPed immediately after revealing yourself by opening the loot window, and the stolen items looted back to be raffled in a fair way.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Good luck to get an edge, don't know how many there is on Rk1 but there is only 3 on RK2, and i got the first one

Lachaude doc 150 rk2
    Labrutte enf 125 rk2
    Labonne engin 133 rk2
    and many more

Edge is nodrop, and cant loot nodrops now.
    Well havent checked since
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

You got one Labrutte (or Lachaude if you will, that's who I know you as)...that's pretty sweet! From your experience, is it the best melee weapon in the game?

I heard or read somewhere (can't remember where) that the chance of the Edge of Tarasque dropping is 1 in 100. Ouch!

Originally posted by Superblanka

LMFAO!!!!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal