Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 12th, 2008

This is a very random post but was just showing a lowbie advy all the different morphs.

Means would it be possible to get the Scorpion morph on live?

Maybe add in another morph that helps Ranged also (I know scorpion gives 1he). This could be a great way to give advy's something new to look at other then the butt of a 2 headed wolf. Even if the mod's on it were changed it'd be nice to bring in a new morph (something other then the 5 we have right now).

Oh yes please make one or two new morphs for adv....

A scorpion morph sounds like a good idea!

But one question for Means:

If the new engine would be ready next year..... please make new models or change it to a higher resolution... specially adv morphs! This would be very great! ( me <---- adv lover hehe)

Best regards to you and your team,

Millarks

Question:

Are the profs who never got Ofab shoulderpads ever going to get them? And with cooler meshes than soldier ofab pads plx

The worst thing players hate is feeling they've been treated unfairly for their favored prof, worse if they have to pay real cash for it. Stuff like this, unequal distribution of fears/stuns, etc. are really bad (advs, mps, etc. miss out on both)
    Last edited by Chrys; Dec 13th, 2008 at 08:20:06.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I would suggest setting up a small minefield with several mines without the AOE effect, similar to whats in apf.

AOE mines will merely replace the SB part in SB-OS

or at least make the aoe effect small

edit:
    Are the profs who never got Ofab shoulderpads ever going to get them? And with cooler meshes than soldier ofab pads plx
    Red cross pads for my doc pleaseeeeeeee
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Well setting up some more city spots on RK shouldn't be too much of a problem. Give RK3 org leader preferred treatment for 2 month and then open them up for public. City spots shouldn't really be a commodity. Paying rent is expensive enough. Peaople owning 5 cities just to stash their money is a bit stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    reading this paragraph, it seems that PvM and PvP has gotten confusing to the devs / Means.

1) Special Blockers is for PvP, as Mobs don't use special attacks.
    (...)
    Some do.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post

I think Funcom need more advertising about Anarchy-Online on the german speaking regions.
    Funcom can make merchandising with AO Toys, a few leet dolls for bed (with sound...j00 r0xx0r) and keys....toys makes money.
    I would buy a ton of those leet dolls!

Sad to hear the Booster is delayed, but I'd rather have it delayed and working 100% then on time and spend a month downloading patches just to make it work right. But Brampfine is right. The reason WoW has so many players is because of it's advertising campaign. If AO was advertised in places were many of us players are from, then there would be a boost in not only game population but sales of AO as well (imo). I have many friends that have never even heard about AO but they all have heard of WoW mainly due to the TV ads they see.

Nice to hear that your finally not Sick Means. Hope you and your family and your team have a good Holiday Season!
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."-Occam's razor

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.
    AO will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    the most problem makes the billing support "global collect BV" they freeze many acc
    they say we have some open billing ....i become 60€ from u and i become 200€ from u, from the year 2005...
    QFT.. I've been screwed over by global collect saying "you have retracted XYZ payment from one year ago" plenty as well, whereafter they froze my account. While I didn't retract anything at all.

The GMs over at account@ did nothing but saying "working as intended (tm)" of course, so there was nothing for me to do other than bend over and pay up.. for the second time.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    The worst thing players hate is feeling they've been treated unfairly for their favored prof, worse if they have to pay real cash for it. Stuff like this, unequal distribution of fears/stuns, etc. are really bad (advs, mps, etc. miss out on both)
    Well, it does feel like if advs are so good at root resist, that a fear resist would go along with it well, tbh.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Hi Means,

i realy apreciate the way you handle comunity issues.
    A honest communication is the way to go. Keep going
    As I am on RK3 I would like to comment on the following part of your post:
    Our German server population is not what is should be at the moment...so we perhaps need to open dialogue with the players from that dimension on how they best feel the problem should be addressed so we can come to the best solution together.
    I think the only way this can be handeld is to tell as the options we have. Otherwise roumers will arise and scenarios will be discussed which are completly out of question.

In any way, to give most of the RK3 players the chance to get involved in the discussion, it should be done in the german forum. Even if this is harder for you and you need translation. But only like that you can be sure to hear the opinion of all the peaople affected.

So, please, start a thread in the german forum, showing us the options we got. So we can start disussion what we think is best.

Regards,

Krach

those look like very happy Yuttos.
    Not like the ones I've seen lately.

Can't wait for Christmas!!
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Question for Means..., Not directly related to next patch though.

Will we ever see larger backpacks/banks/Inventory? With all the items being introduced to the game over the years, things have gotten more, and more cluttered.

Will we ever see similar items condensed?
    Garden Keys, stims that do the same thing? (Shadowlands/RK)

Will we ever be able to stack items that are the same, but not the same quality? I have not heared this be mentioned before, but it would be nice to be able to stack stims (specfically) shadowlands coils from missions. I won't pretend it is a huge issue, but it is one of many small things that could end up being a nice addition. (With different qualities stacked, the stack gets a offset color (so you know the stack is made of differnt qualities) At which point you could seperate the qualities just like you can atm, then again for the number of items. Great for TSers I imagine.

Also...

I don't like having to run to a shop to get the items I want to purchase. Can't we pretend there is a UPS/FedEx service available in the future so I don't have to? 8)

Also...

When do we get bigger backpacks? 8p

Thanks for the regular updates.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Question:

some of us are still waiting for our LE pvp ofab gun, get in line !
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    Will we ever be able to stack items that are the same, but not the same quality?
    How about, can we please, for the love of God, stack pocketboss pattern pieces? Or maybe combine any two that are consecutive? Like, b and c, or c and d, not just a and b? Pocketboss backpacks make me cry.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Quote Originally Posted by theonora View Post
    how about, can we please, for the love of god, stack pocketboss pattern pieces? Or maybe combine any two that are consecutive? Like, b and c, or c and d, not just a and b? Pocketboss backpacks make me cry.

Theo
    bump!!
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Instanced pande supposed to be early 2009, end of jan is early 2009 I say!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    When your "oldschoolers" come back to see the Booster, or the new Engine, i think it will end up just like that. Most of people that played 2-3 and more years ago, will have the memory of crowded places, cities, SL gardens, when they'll see the emptiness, they'll just /flip and leave.
    They need to open their eyes to the changes then imo. Cities and gardens aren't empty because there's no people in the game, they're empty because everyone's out doing either DB1/DB2/Albtraum/Alappa/DB Quest/Pande/Missions/APF sectors/BS/[insert stuff I forgot]. Contrary to the old AO from 3-4 years ago there's tons of end game content being raided all the time, and as such people no longer afk for hours in the cities waiting for the daily Beast raid @ 19 GMT, APF gates to open or random city PvP that last for 20-30 min. If there's a development in AO I'm really satisfied with, it's the large addition of content-on-demand we've seen these later years, and the huge boost to PvP LE actually gave.

It's up to us (the current players) to show returning players where the action is.

PS: Early 2009 could just as well be April
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Christmas:

It wouldn't be AO Christmas without some new Treats for the season!

This year will see the Gingerbread Leets roaming the cities of Rubi-Ka handing out goodies.

Leet and Yutto Cookies, Yutto Gingerbread Tents, Snowball light pyramids will be available for all to help celebrate the holiday season.(Screens at the bottom inlcuding the RL version of the Yuttos tents made by two of our designers Lindelu and Genele!)

Amagawd! WHEN?

Awesome gingerbread house-thingy
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    On another note:
    Merge the BS for all the servers, there's way too much dead time when there's just not enough players on one or both sides. This can be a nice testing ground for a servers merge.
    That would be very intriguing as well... Server BS tournaments... ofc I believe there will be a blocker for trade cross server.. but would prove interesting...

As far as the FEDEX/UPS idea above by Wantsumore... how about the capability to use that service also with the other servers? or can they not transmit b/w them?

Means... the Leet/yutto gingerbreads looked so cute my daughter wanted to know if you would make the cookie cutters for them? (hmm... that ties in with more merchandising.. I have on old T-shirt from 2001/2 iirc... and that is it... g1mm3 l33t)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    As much as cities indeed would be trouble after sever merge, , truth is, the "who gets there first" rule with Alien Cities, was badly abused, and you know it. I think a fresh start would be fair. Adding a simple rule that sets high amount of people in organisation that holds city , might help.
    Some of us got their first and are very happy with our city location, and put tons of effort into getting a QL300 city before anyone else. I wouldn't mind having to relocate to get the benefit of having people to play this game with, but I wouldn't be happy about giving up a unique city play either.

The following suggestions are based on the assumption that there are fewer open plots on RK2 then there are on RK1...

Change how a city controller deals with not having upkeep paid. Instead of the plot becoming available again, close the plot. The plot still exists, but it's can't be rented again. That should free up a few plots. Part two is for FunCom watch the for cities offered for sale. Buy them, then close the plot. Before merging, help orgs on RK2 relocate their cities to the open plots on RK1, and help RK1 orgs relocate as well if needed.

Also there are at least some city plots out there that could be expanded. Sentinels for example has our own private island south of 2HO. On Atlas of Rubi-Ka it looks like there is room for more island south of our location. There also appears to be room for another small island in Uppder Stret West Bank, a larger island in Milky Way, and in Cost of Peace and Cost of Tranquility. There may be room for more cities in Mort, possibly room for some long city plots along the Longest Road, possibly room only the south border of Galaway County for a few plots, maybe is Lush Fields, and along the southern border of Andromeda...
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast