Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 28th, 2008

Friday with Means - November 28th, 2008

Yet another amusing week of archaic illnesses. This time it was "Vertigo" that had me leaving the office in the back seat of a reluctant gentleman's taxi...complete with office bucket-garbage can for emergencies. "I am unable to walk." is not a problem I usually need to ask my competant and dedicated team for help with.(Thank you for the help Sjur.) Some have suggested I don't know my right from left in the past and I got to fully experience a real world implementation of this condition for almost a full 24 hours at an Oslo emergency ward.

I would like to humbly request that if any of you are poisoning/voodoo doll/ritual curse etc.. me in your spare time...please stop. I have a great deal to do to get this booster out before the holidays and I have no desire for additional challenge or time-pressure.

Please stop. Really.

The first views of the 12 man final booster raid instance are at the bottom of this post!

Please stop.

In game screenshot of me relaxing in my HOVERCHAIR at the bottom of this post.

Some questions from last weeks Friday with Means that I would like to address quickly right now:

Keeper Fear Immunity Auras?:
    In their own line. You will not have to give something else up to use these. All benefit...no downside.

Fear and Knockback for all?:
    Not everyone will benefit directly from the implementation of Fear and Knockback. Not all classes will get these mechanics. Shades will not get knockback or fear...but Shades, for example, will be getting new spirits in the booster. "Xan Artifacts" will be available to all professions in the booster...some of these will be of more benefit to some professions than others. Wait and see. I promise not all balance issues will be corrected in 18.0. There will never be perfect balance...but we will keep trying.

New Weapons, My Perks, My Weapon choice isn't as good etc:
    This booster will not fix all weapon choices for all professions. Hopefully our regular updates in the near future will be able to address some of these issues. We are willing to listen to these issues. Some of these issues will hopefully be lessened by the new improved symbiants addressing skills that were missing from the old sets. Yes...1HB will get looked into...as will "Craphander". But not before the release of the booster.

Noobie Island:
    All the new loot (with the exception of implants) is being restored, and should be in the next version. We are also working on the excellent suggestion of being able to enter the alien ship from the island.

New Engine:
    My team says we can have screenshots for next week. I believe them.

Stop poisoning me.

Colin "Means" Cragg
    Disoriented Game Director
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First!
    (Had to wait 3 years for that woot )
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Anyone else think that Means looks like a Evil Genius/World Conquering Mad Scientist in that pic?

Any idea on how much longer until we can pre-order the Booster Pack?
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."-Occam's razor

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.
    AO will survive.

too much gammeldansk is known to cause vertigo - being drunk is no excuse for leaving work, means. tsktsk.

Means, buddy, I also told you to stay away from my Gammel Dansk, but since you could not (I dont realy blame you) the remedy is Snaps, as you are probably quite aware we danish Wikings like a lot of near cristmas especially.

Also, thanks for the good work, and looking forward to some "whohoo" on adventurer "craphander" posts

Macdaddy.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

I demand AMS and Acrobat for Engineers !

*shows the voodoo doll and the needle*

oh wow

oh wow

hihihihihi -> giggling

that was my first response irl when i saw those 3 pics.
    looks very impressive and i'm really looking forward to the new booster! can i pre-order yet? pwetty pwease with a cherry on top?

just 1 little question about the booster. the solo based stuff, can it be done with say, 2 people? or is it purely solo (either way is fine, but with 2 people or sthing would be nice too, even if it goes up in difficulty)

lots of respect for you and your team. hope you get better soon.

oh another question! is there a way to buy the booster pack for someone else as a present or sthing? would be cool as a xmas present to give to those who cant afford it or sthing

once again, lots of respect, and, like i say to every GM i talk to, tell the guys at the office their doing a damn great job!

hope you get well soon, being sick sucks hard.

Greetings,

The 23 Ellarisa's
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Thumbs up

Thanks for update Means. Does this mean the only thing MPs can really look forward to this update is 2-hour Rihwen?
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Looks nice... but the most important change of all

please please please make all options / hot keys / etc character specific, not account specific
    Your signature cannot be longer than 2000 characters including BB code markup.

Tons of chars and forum requires me to stop making new alts. :'(

nice update, wtb an engi dreadloch wep thanks.
    Devil Inside

The first views of the 12 man final booster raid instance are at the bottom of this post!
    The scenery looks awesome so far, and from the previous pictures the instance looks like it's shaping up very well. I'm really looking forward to enter it for the first time.
    Would be very interesting to see some pictures with mobs and a bit more overview though, possibly in the new engine (hint, hint).

Edit: When will this instance be on test server? (Didn't you mention it going onto test 2 weeks ago?)

Noobie Island:
    All the new loot (with the exception of implants) is being restored, and should be in the next version. We are also working on the excellent suggestion of being able to enter the alien ship from the island.
    Does that include ALL the AI weapons (pistols/axes etc.)?
    The idea about the alien ship is splended to let new players see how AI can be like.

Stop poisoning me.
    Gammeldansk solves only imidiate problems, but the aftereffects are known to be similar to poisoning together with the need to catch up on work
    (Get well soon, we need you to hang in there)
    Last edited by Maofex; Nov 28th, 2008 at 17:20:09.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Jeez, that doesn't sound like fun Means Hope you're feeling better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mescol View Post
    Anyone else think that Means looks like a Evil Genius/World Conquering Mad Scientist in that pic?
    Nearly ... only missing a white cat

Very dark, cool.

Looking forward to exploring it

This booster will not fix all weapon choices for all professions. Hopefully our regular updates in the near future will be able to address some of these issues. We are willing to listen to these issues. Some of these issues will hopefully be lessened by the new improved symbiants addressing skills that were missing from the old sets. Yes...1HB will get looked into...as will "Craphander". But not before the release of the booster.
    Regular patches: Fair enough

I've gotta ask, 2HB perks for Enfs too?

Symbs eh?... interesting...

Noobie Island:
    Cool Can't wait to see what mini-phatz drop

Still would like to see more flow & prof based story/content/intro ... but this is all +ve stuff & we're getting so much, so I can't complain

New Engine:
    Yay! Ty in advance

...now stop worrying about us, shouldn't you be at home in bed or something?
    Last edited by Troxxor; Nov 28th, 2008 at 17:39:15. Reason: Clarified 2HB Q
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

That's pure ranged adv + fixer lovage.

I wonder who will be the first hawk+craphander solja again, thanks god they can only train SM up to 6.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

I would like to humbly request that if any of you are poisoning/voodoo doll/ritual curse etc.. me in your spare time...please stop.
    Baron Samedi! Set kout kouto, set kout pwenuad! Pret ma dedin ah, pou ma vomi san mwem..

Wait...you said something about a onehander fix?

Never mind then.

Ohh, he forgot...
    IBTK
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Ohh, he forgot...
    IBTK
    It's not too late yet
    i R not spik engrish

I would like to humbly request that if any of you are poisoning/voodoo doll/ritual curse etc.. me in your spare time...please stop. I have a great deal to do to get this booster out before the holidays and I have no desire for additional challenge or time-pressure.
    You know my price...

My Kamikaze pet or the next pin goes in to the voodoo doll's groin.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Ok we know shades are getting 280-300 spirits. The real question is this though.

ARE WE GETTING COMBINED SPIRITS!???

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Ohh, he forgot...
    IBTK
    Sorry, I was fiddling with that voodoo doll, err... nvm that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Thanks for update Means. Does this mean the only thing MPs can really look forward to this update is 2-hour Rihwen?
    Well, that "craphander" notice might turn us into pistoleros again. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekah View Post
    Ok we know shades are getting 280-300 spirits. The real question is this though.

ARE WE GETTING COMBINED SPIRITS!???
    Now, why would you get that?
    Last edited by Klod; Nov 28th, 2008 at 18:02:27.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

In game screenshot of me relaxing in my HOVERCHAIR at the bottom of this post.
    A Raidboss ala Beast would be cool this chair.

Fear and Knockback for all?:
    Not everyone will benefit directly from the implementation of Fear and Knockback. Not all classes will get these mechanics. Shades will not get knockback or fear...but Shades, for example, will be getting new spirits in the booster. "Xan Artifacts" will be available to all professions in the booster...some of these will be of more benefit to some professions than others. Wait and see. I promise not all balance issues will be corrected in 18.0. There will never be perfect balance...but we will keep trying.
    Shades are a creepy / sneaky prof, wouldn't it make sense, that they get some kind of fear mechanic?(at least 100% fear and knockback resist. ^^)

And you said no knockback for shades, yet they still get no love from FC, that sucks!

The past things were no love, just badly needed fixes, like the 280+ spirits.

New Engine:
    Way too long! That hurts like a whole AMS!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast