Thread: [ALL] Newland City Press Release: Newland´s stance on the Borealis Freedom Fighters

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[ALL] Newland City Press Release: Newland´s stance on the Borealis Freedom Fighters

Newland´s stance on the Borealis Freedom Fighters
    December 10, 29482 - [Global]

Newland Council - Today I need to address some tragic incidents that have happened in the last weeks in Borealis. Most of you will have heard about it or even witnessed it yourselfs. However, let me inform you that the group that calls itself the Borealis Freedom Fighters has once again committed unspeakable crimes. Reports have reached the Newland Council that speak of bombs going off and snipers shooting indiscriminately at anyone who comes into their cross hairs. While the Council does understand the motivation of the Borealis Freedom Fighters and sympathizes with their cause it cannot condone their actions.

Borealis is in a difficult and delicate situation which cannot be solved through bombs and bullets. Those actions will only make it worse for the population. Peaceful negotiation and protest are the keys to solve this problem and in creating a solution that is favorable for all.

Newland and its Council has never and will never support the Borealis Freedom Fighters. Should they come to Newland and search refuge they will only find the strong arm of the law presented by our militia. They will be dealt with the same way we deal with every other criminal or person who does not accept our laws and our independence.

However, this does not mean that we bow to the rules and laws set by others. It just means that we will, as always, dispense justice within our city walls. It does not matter if you are employed by Omni-Tek, supporting the Clans, a "Freedom Fighter" or a neutral citizen our laws and rules are the ones you have to follow in Newland.

Those are difficult times for all of us. One thing remains clear: Violence will only lead to more violence. This will not solve any problems, it just creates more. Thus I implore all of you to start thinking before you act and to talk instead of shooting it out.

Zephrem King
    Mayor, Newland City

Brilliant words by a brilliant man.

Well said, Mr. Mayor.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    Those are difficult times for all of us. One thing remains clear: Violence will only lead to more violence. This will not solve any problems, it just creates more. Thus I implore all of you to start thinking before you act and to talk instead of shooting it out.
    I couldnt have said it better myself.
    Tresa "Cylie" Burke

Very well put, as usual Newland and its mayor are a voice of reason.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Of course, we hope Ms Lonare's people will respect OUR right to deal with these people as WE see fit, rather than the previous attitudes Omni have shown regarding arrests in Newland.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Ms. Lonare has no jurisdiction inside of Newland City. Should any Omni-Tek force move inside of Newland City under her orders do not hesitate to report the violation to Omni-Tek.

Such a gross abuse of power and disregard for the sovereignty of Newland would not go unpunished.

saw those guys yesterday, and despite what the Mayor said, i couldn't help but to join and help them killing a few Omnis ! I hoped this was the premices of a larger attack but nothing came and they just vanished in the mess they created :/

My apologies to the Omnis i helped sending to the reclaim, you were just here at the wrong time, nothing personal.
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Ms. Lonare has no jurisdiction inside of Newland City. Should any Omni-Tek force move inside of Newland City under her orders do not hesitate to report the violation to Omni-Tek.

Such a gross abuse of power and disregard for the sovereignty of Newland would not go unpunished.
    Indeed. I would hope that she would not be so foolish
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post
    saw those guys yesterday, and despite what the Mayor said, i couldn't help but to join and help them killing a few Omnis ! I hoped this was the premices of a larger attack but nothing came and they just vanished in the mess they created :/

My apologies to the Omnis i helped sending to the reclaim, you were just here at the wrong time, nothing personal.
    Might I ask a few questions about that? I mean, I am rather curious why someone who has no involvement as you say, would personally put themselves in harms way, openly admitting to vigilante justice, and then apologize for their actions later.

I just want to understand you.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post

Well, as you admit the crime, then maybe you should just show up at omni-pol's doorstep and turn yourself inn? I asume this was done in Borealis.. You can also ofcourse turn yourself in, in Newland if you want a trail, instead of instant-hanging!
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

It truly is a pity how some people think about how Omni-Tek carries out the law. Especially from someone who used to be in the Newland council, who should have more common sense then the average 6 year old. All lawsuits in Omni-Tek are handled in the fairest way possible, this includes a fair judge and a fair jury.
    The Red Brotherhood

All lawsuits in Omni-Tek are handled in the fairest way possible, this includes a fair judge and a fair jury.
    Would that be a judge employed by Omni Tek and a jury of Omni Tek employees?
    It doesnt take alot of thinking to work out what would happen.
    Fairest way possible for Omni Tek maybe, but i dont think so for the accused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasliana View Post
    Logic would dictate this.

In a hypothetical situation where Ms. Lonare moves troops into Newland City, which I can assure you would never happen, the following would occur:

1) Ms. Lonare would have overstepped her boundaries as City Administrator of Borealis. This alone would get her cited by Internal Operation and risk her losing her position, which is one of great prestige.

2) Depending on how Newland City were to react to such a gross and unsupported violation of its sovereignty the Omni-Tek Armed Forces may move to label her an Enemy Combatant due to trying to incite a military conflict between friendly governments. This would get Ms. Lonare detained by the Military for an indefinite period of time.

3) And lastly, She would be subject to the Newland City Justice System to stand trial for the laws in which she broke inside of Newland City.

Depending on the severity of the crimes she would have to serve one before the others, and I believe the Omni-Tek Administration is wise enough to turn her over to Newland City first to show there is a commitment to upholding the law.

Again, this is all hypothetical and the good City Administrator would never commit such a tragic act.

I'm not sure where you got that ridiculous idea from that our Fair judges arent so fair but there is nothing wrong with our judges and Jury hired by Omni-tek. In the old world it wasnt much diffrent either, countries had their own judges and their own citizens where their own jury. In fact...I dont think Newlands jury and judges are anyone else but neutrals is it?
    The Red Brotherhood

The point i was trying to make is that how fair can a system be where the judges and the jury are employees of the same company, especially in cases which involve the company. It is not a great leap to suggest that, in some cases pressure would be exerted by those higher up the corporate ladder on the judge and jury to get their desired result, for the betterment of the company.

Trousers i do not know why you started on about if Lonare decided to invade Newland City. I have met her and know she is not stupid enough to do this.
    Especially if it is after a single individual who took part in a riot. (if that is what you are suggesting).

I have no idea on how court cases are carried out in Newland as i have never been to one, or know anyone who has. This could be because there hasnt been a need yet. I would suggest you ask one of the ministers or the mayor himself.

And as for the Newland's stance on the Borealis Freedom Fighters, i believe it to be responsible of them to take such a stance, since they have to look out for themselves first. Also if the Borealis Freedom Fighters are indeed shooting down civilians in the streets at random, i implore them to stop such foolish action, and target the military installations and personnel of Omni Tek instead.
    Last edited by Lasliana; Dec 27th, 2008 at 12:11:34.

I have no idea on how court cases are carried out in Newland as i have never been to one, or know anyone who has.
    You have no idea how your own faction handles their court cases but on the same time you are saying ours aren't fair...? *chuckles*
    The Red Brotherhood

so she doesn't know if ours are fair, but she knows that yours aren't?
    I can't see your point here omni.. Maybe she has been to one of yours!
    But I can tell you that ours are carried out fairly with a judge and a jury.. not just a *we are omni and we mess with your brain if you screw up.. we don't check if you are guilty or not.. we just like to play with brains*
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

the point is, i have never heard of a court case in Newland, this could be due to the militia's zero tolerance policy on disturbing the peace, and the fact that there is very little crime, so there has never been a need.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrem King
    Newland and its Council has never and will never support the Borealis Freedom Fighters. Should they come to Newland and search refuge they will only find the strong arm of the law presented by our militia. They will be dealt with the same way we deal with every other criminal or person who does not accept our laws and our independence.
    So, let me get this straight...a so called Neutral city, will not accept anyone in the city whom it see's of in a nice fluffy light themselves? if there are no crimes inside an area of there own jurisdiction how can they be anything but neutral? The Council doesn't want to bother about other neutral towns, so how come they now feel they can play judge and jury over neutrals outside of there jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrem King
    However, this does not mean that we bow to the rules and laws set by others. It just means that we will, as always, dispense justice within our city walls. It does not matter if you are employed by Omni-Tek, supporting the Clans, a "Freedom Fighter" or a neutral citizen our laws and rules are the ones you have to follow in Newland.
    Exactly! inside Newland. What these lot do elsewhere is thereby not of your concern...or mine for that matter. Newland is a NEUTRAL town, thereby, accepting of all the shades of grey. No matter how pale or dark some of those maybe. We can't choose much of these things, yet we can choose our ability to hold to neutral values....while the Mayor can try to remember them.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

He didn't say he would bother with them OUTSIDE of Newland.. read his statement again.. he says IF they come to Newland the law enforcement there will deal with them. Even if the crime has been commited in another city, we do not want people like them hiding in our city.