Thread: Anyone else feel this way?

Anyone else feel this way?

We were talking about DAOC and I kinda wonder if I'm the only one that looks at AO like this:

DAOC is just dull. It's for stupid people, and it's also the direction that AO is going. I pray they wake up and realize that intelligent people play this game because it IS intelligent. Although becoming increasingly 'lowest common denominator', OE changes being a good example, level caps on nanos. These say to me, "You have a brain and you spent a half hour figuring out how you can get your stuff on 10 levels before everyone else? KUDOS TO YOU. No wait! NONE OF THAT! Level Caps and OE for all!"

I curse the day they decided to dumb down the game. I'm waiting to figure out how bad they're gonna screw up their own game as it progresses. Hell, fix the engine, fix the crashes, put some quests in, and make outposts capturable, you got enough of them. That would be a great game! None of that! We're leaving it all as it is and adding more land! And one quest that gives you anything of value! YAY!

I dunno, am I the only one who feels like this?

I've spent more than a month real time playing this game. I don't feel very intelligent at all when I think about that.

I can't say I agree that the OE rules made it easier for the stupid people. It's still possible to strap on equipment that you can't get on by yourself, but now you have to think about not equipping above your own abilities too much.
    Any idiot can beg an Essence for a lowlevel char, but it takes some brains to figure out how much to "OE" w/o being over-equipped when the outside buffs wear off.
    I don't like the way OEing was implemented 100%, but it sure didn't make it easier for the stupid people.

Levelreqs on Nanos on the other hand. Well, I think that's one dumb solution to the problem.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.