Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Friday with Means - December 4th, 2008

Hi Means. You sure have a lot more reading to do since you started Friday with Means hehe

In this thread http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=537734 You responded to Crattey by saying

Let me start by first saying I haven't read the rest of this thread and I won't be. Not everyone is going to get a significant upgrade in every patch. In a coming update I'm 100% certain other classes will be complaining about your upgrades. I hope this puts things in perspective.

I'm just wondering if this was referring to some upcoming Crat buffs/changes or to the Crat fear nano.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The Engine:

The engine being implemented is Ogre 1.6. At the beginning of this week it was Ogre 1.4. Moving up to the newest version of this engine has broken a few things (textures, Antialiasing etc.) but the guys are working really hard on it. As promised here are two new screenshots of the engine. Do not ask about the framerate yet.

Looking forward to the feedback on the playfields and Nanos!

Colin "Means" Cragg
    You guys are using OGRE? o.0 wth at using opensouce game engine. I though it was an internal one. And using an RC is bad juju! No wonder soo much fun and mayhem... unless I missed the release of 1.6 rather than the Release candidit. Reminds me of all the things that kept breaking in some of my work when Crystal Space kept moving forward and the versioning would keep breaking things. BLEH!
    Last edited by meatybtz; Dec 11th, 2008 at 21:24:02.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinguns View Post
    Hu?

What this time?

Because i just said that ranged advy isn't one of the most powerful prof of Ao?
    No, that's not why, and its not even that I disagree with everything you say. Its more than you have a habit of saying it repeatedly, shrilly, incoherently, and often rudely. And any time anyone else brings up anything else, you jump in with this same issue. Just stop throwing a tantrum over it, already, and try more reasonable discourse. I'm just sayin'...

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Klod stop changing your avatar, it confuses me.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    amgz Klot's a hawt chick amgz. HAI KLODDY *flirt* *flirt*
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I'm not a hot chick IRL. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    amgz Klot's a hawt chick amgz. HAI KLODDY *flirt* *flirt*
    I'm a lesbian, go awai.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    You guys are using OGRE? o.0 wth at using opensouce game engine. I though it was an internal one. And using an RC is bad juju! No wonder soo much fun and mayhem... unless I missed the release of 1.6 rather than the Release candidit. Reminds me of all the things that kept breaking in some of my work when Crystal Space kept moving forward and the versioning would keep breaking things. BLEH!
    Ogre 1.6 was released on 4th November, so yes, you missed it

Does it matter what the engine is? At least using an opensource one makes it easier to customize and get community help for, plus is probably considerably cheaper than the time required to get a commercial engine or write your own from scratch.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Question Hmmm... expoding eye grenades...

Quote Originally Posted by Dictan View Post
    Oh dear god the wall of text is KILLING ME MY EYES MY EYES ARE GOING TO EXPLODE and no i didnt't read a word of it, because to do would lea dto me having to drop out of school all together just to finish it p_P.
    That would be an interesting perk action... blindness for a massive AOE damage effect.... :P

But seriously, why quote Khuri's ENTIRE post if the wall of text's bothers you so much? Really... sheesh.

WTB people not posting in FWM threads after the current week's FWM has been posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The engine being implemented is Ogre 1.6. At the beginning of this week it was Ogre 1.4. Moving up to the newest version of this engine has broken a few things (textures, Antialiasing etc.) but the guys are working really hard on it. As promised here are two new screenshots of the engine. Do not ask about the framerate yet.
    I didn't see that coming. Somehow I feel all warm and cousy now
    We've been using Ogre for our project for a while now and we're loving the results.
    To make it even more fun. We've also went through the steps of upgrading to 1.6 a few months ago.
    I can imagine a bright feature for AO
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456