Thread: That situation in Tir is unbearable!! Something has to be done NOW!!

Angry That situation in Tir is unbearable!! Something has to be done NOW!!

Greetings. I am known here as Christopher "Urielpaladin" Locknane. I am a Metaphysicist from the clans. I am part of an organisation, but I am not talking in its name. It is only my own voice, but I think it reflects the mind of many.
    Since the Council of Truth as fallen (wich is yet to prove), ICC peacekeepers are "watching" Tir. I really wonder what their job is... I never met more omnitek people than in Tir. They are more in our capital city than in the average hive! This could be acceptable if only we were having some advantage too... but we are not.
    I know that the omni may be officially allowed to go on our territories, since the council is gone, but it's not declared yet. Officially, Omni are still persona non grata on our lands. On the other side, if we try to go to an omni city we get shot like leets in the hunting season. I can't accept that.
    I accuse the ICC of partiallity. ICC obviously favors Omni Tech in that situation. I would send a formal complain if I had the authority for it, but I am not the council... Still, the job has to be done.
    I think that the ICC guards should be ordered to fire at omni people around Tir, or they should grant us full access to Omni 1.
    After all, omni tek still has to obey the ICC...
    We want to live peacefully in our world, but once again I'll have to take my sword and drop the books...
    He never knew that it was impossible, so he made it...

You seem to forget that it was your own Countil of Truth that left Tir and then the ICC moved in to protect. Both the CoT AND Omni-tek dont want the ICC peacekeepers here. but they are.

As for the omni tekkers in Tir. I can not see that as a problem. your fellow clansmen did the same only weeks ago, where they kept entering our capital city of Omni-1, to go ... party at Baboons and Reets.

And the ICC favors Omni-Tek? Sicne when? We dont want them here at all. The only one who is favored here is Sol Banking and their lapdog, Truespace.

They arrange for this peacekeeping mission. Not us.

And if the ICC Peacekeepers open fire on us, Omni-Tekkers, without we attacked first (which some have done) then it could trigger another war. This time between the ICC and Omni-Tek. And that would also cause ahrm to your lovly clans.

So, think before you start pointing fingers.

Cool

First, since no one knows what happened to the Council, I wonder how you can say that. Unless you know more than us, and thus I am becoming su****ious... Since Omni Tek is one of the most important part of the ICC, I wonder if this is not just a rough kidnapping to give Omni tek the control of Tir... Since you lost that war ages ago and since you have been forced to give us some territories, this could be a more subtile way to get territories back... This wouldn't be surprising. There is notum in our areas too, and you are so greedy...
    That's easy to say you don't want ICC peacekeepers, but I have seen no omni beating the crp out of them... And what's the great deal with peacekeepers firing omni? Death is not permanent here... As far as I know, the only people that may use permanent death weapons are omni folks... Quiet handy to get shot and to complain later when you've been revived...
    Anyway, if what you say is true, a war between ICC and Omni tek would be a good thing. Because you think you are powerful and a kick in the butt seems to be a good thing. You are strong but you are no gods. The fact that e are still around, alive and doing our duty is just self explanatory: you can't beat us, and if you can't defeat a bunch of rebels equiped like gardeners with second hand weapons, how do you think you will defeat ICC and their Top-of-the-basket weapons? I'd like to see that...
    He never knew that it was impossible, so he made it...

You humor me Mr. Locknane.

Your council have fallen, making the Tir Accord void. Remember, the Tir Accord where between Omni-Tek and your former Council of Truth.

CoT is no more, and it's not our fault, it is your own. You clanner bicker and fight so much among yourself. You clanners brought this upon yourself.

You say we are not officially allowed to go to Tir, to enter your territories, what territories?? The Tir Accord is void as your CoT is no more, and as that, you clanners have no territories anymore.

And you have the nerve to complain that we visit the maze you call a city? Here I fully agree with Arila, after months of seeing clanners with no regard for the agreement CoT signed, entering Omni-1 Entertainment and walking around in our city.

The peacekeepers that non of us want here is in your town, and I guess they are there to keep the peace, not keep Omni-Tek employees out. At least that is what they claim they are doing there.

If anyone on Rubi-Ka is favored by the ICC it is you clanners. You that force your biggest hope for continued peace on Rubi-Ka to fall apart and leave.

I just wonder who you will now blame of those among your self, when you finally understand that this is your own fault.

Moradus

ok

Take 2 cities.. one omni and one clan, make each one 25%.

I second that motion! Hunting door to door, through alleys; aimed shots ringing out from high above the cityscape or from darkened windows; nano-carnage in the streets; seing Tir errupt into total civil war would be fun, not only from a gaming perspective but also from an RPing one.

ICC is there to keep the peace. The ICC is neutral and wont fire on Omni, and we wont fire on them (if we follow orders that is). Your guards have left and its either ICC or no one there at all.

Since your CoT has fallen all of this planet is now under OT law once again. Why ICC botherd to show up at all is beyond me, but I have no problem with their presence. You want order? You want guards? Then form an new goverment.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Originally posted by Urielpaladin
    First, since no one knows what happened to the Council, I wonder how you can say that. Unless you know more than us, and thus I am becoming su****ious... Since Omni Tek is one of the most important part of the ICC, I wonder if this is not just a rough kidnapping to give Omni tek the control of Tir... Since you lost that war ages ago and since you have been forced to give us some territories, this could be a more subtile way to get territories back
    '

What war? You mean the one where you cowardly took advantage of the war between omni-Tek and Sol Banking? The war where you conqured Omni-2 and killed, or jailed anyone who worked for omni-tek. civilians or not. You killed them. The war where we could have destroyed you totally, but where we decided to give you land on the terrorformed area of Rubi-Ka. We could have ended it all back then, but we didnt. And how did you repay us? By blowing up four notum operations. killing both the guards AND the civilian miners. When we requested that the terrorists were handed over. then you refused. To which we had no alternative but to defend ourself. We took Tir without any problems. But it had to be abandoned. Due to the corpret war. There were no peace. But we didnt kill all of your tehre either.

We also gave you insurrence technology. and how did you thank us? By attacking again. And also slaughtering over 1400 OT soldeirs. We demand the terrorists handed over. but the Council of Truth, does not comply. So, again you have caused a war. It was only due to luck, and lack of support from Omni-Prime that we were forced to make peace with your... council of Truth.

And where are your council now? On the run for their own mistakes. That is how the clans leadership is. Chaotic and none exsistant. Moradus is right, if there are no Council of Truth anymore, then there are no Tir accord. We are free to enter Tir as we like. Get us contact to your council, and lets see.

As for the part about the peacekeepers... then i guess you dont move very far away from Tir, i, and members from the faction im in, have engaged into combat with the ICC peacekeepers, not that they were worth anything.

You have to consider, that Sol Banking will come here in 24 years. So, do you want a war with Omni-Tek again? And then be to weak to fight sol banking (which im sure some idiotic clan would do, like Simon's sentinel's) or do you want peace?

I am sure that something can be worked out with the new goverment, if you will ever get such again...

Originally posted by Arila

What war? You mean the one where you cowardly took advantage of the war between omni-Tek and Sol Banking?
    Sorry, I don't recall that war. I do recall Omni and clan uniting to push the SBC invasion off the planet though. I also recall us marching practically to the gates of Omni-1 and your Omni Prime refusing to lend you anymore help.

You killed them.

Boohoo. How do you think this whole thing started? Omni-Tek has no problems with killing.

The war where we could have destroyed you totally, but where we decided to give you land on the terrorformed area of Rubi-Ka.

That's a funny way to say, "But our superiors were sick of us not getting the job done and so gave into rebel demands."

We also gave you insurrence technology.
    After the ICC made it law.

And also slaughtering over 1400 OT soldeirs.

You mean the Dust Brigade? Check out the lastest info from your own Omni-Pol. Their investigation is into activities and Dust Brigade members in both the Clans and Omni-Tek itself.

We demand the terrorists handed over. but the Council of Truth, does not comply.
    You didn't say they were terrorists. You didn't give us any evidence or reason to hand them over. According to the Tir Accord we should not comply with your request. So we didn't.

I am sure that something can be worked out with the new goverment, if you will ever get such again...
    You should be hearing about this shortly.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Dont persume to mock us, the truth is you owe Omni-Tek for everything you are. Opifex, Nanomage, Atrox owe Omni-Tek for their existance. Solitus owes Omni-Tek for the atmosphere. All owe Omni-Tek for Insurance Technology (forced gift or no).

OT allows you to have the land you live on, but was that ever enough? No, you have to have all the planet for yourself...

OT acknowledge your Gouverment and try to work along side with them for peace. Still you refuse to cooperate with investigations and arrests of the Dust Brigade.

OT provides safe and productive lifes for several thousands on this planet and you wish to see them dead, civilian or not.

Now you stand without an gouverment and fight your individual battles forever and ever. Unorganised, chaotic and violent. Why ICC decides to babysit your towns I dont know, but honestly this doesnt bother me as long as you stay out of the affairs of Omni-Tek.

Long live Omni-Tek, bringer of life and creater of worlds.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Luxxan, you dont seem to have a clue to what i am talking about. omni-tek have been in 5 wars since RK was found. The OT vs SB. The galatic war. the 3 RK wars.

And i do not care about what the dust brigade have of support now. The slaughter were 8 years ago And back then there were a kind of war going on. But that attack was insane, and it seems like Radiman himself is involved in this one way or another. COuld this be due to his ... friend, Josuha Kahn died ?

Or is he simply a clone?

But that does not change the fact.

You will never get a police academy. and uphold the laws. cause every clan is free. and they can do as they want. Aint that the idea with your silly clans?

Originally posted by Arila
    You will never get a police academy. and uphold the laws. cause every clan is free. and they can do as they want. Aint that the idea with your silly clans?
    I can't say I know, nor care, how Omni-Tek endorsed encyclopedias describe the term "freedom", but your implication is completely off the mark.

Wether we should attribute that fact to you being ignorant, brainwashed, or just plain stupid, is however a different issue.

On another note, and I realise that what I am about to describe may be a difficult concept for you to grasp, but the clans are made up of many different free-thinking individuals. This means that you can not use "you clans" as a group when referring to ideas and opinions. Or actually, you can do this, but it would go a long way in helping to determine which of the three groups I mentioned earlier you fit in with. I'll leave it to others to make their conclusions on that matter.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Get off your high horse. The majority of Clans are no more free than Omni-Tek, and fighting won't change that.

Omni employees are mostly caught up in their own safety and self-assurance that the company will make everything right in the end. The steady paycheck, and the toiling away endlessly either in the mines, the cubicles, or, for the daring, the mission-goers, all this is part of the prison.

But Clansmen are bound by their own ideals. Many simply fight because they are told that Omni is the enemy. Others fight because they don't know how to do anything else. The Council of Truth arranged for mission terminals so that they could direct this force of fanatics that they wouldn't turn inward, and even with the dissolution of the Council that symbol and instrument of self-slavery remains in place.

Which is worse? I'm not going to say my opinions on that here, but the simple fact is is that most of you Clansmen can't claim to be fighting for freedom. You're fighting for your own selfish interests, and that makes you no different from what you're fighting, the Omni employees who just want to go home at the end of the day, kick back with a cup of their favorite beverage, and watch the grid. You're just trying to wrap it up in high-minded language that makes it sound like you are fighting for what's good and pure in the universe.

I understand there are exceptions out there, and I've even talked to one or two of you. For them, I'm sorry you had to listen to that diatribe, but it is the truth.

Originally posted by Lirona
    Get off your high horse. The majority of Clans are no more free than Omni-Tek, and fighting won't change that.
    I never claimed this to be the case. Furthermore, wether fighting can change it or not isn't written in stone. Everything is possible, regardless of what your corporation directives state.

Originally posted by Lirona
    but the simple fact is is that most of you Clansmen can't claim to be fighting for freedom.
    I would like to see the documentation produced from all the research you no doubt have committed to be able to reach this conclusion.

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Originally posted by Archelan
    I would like to see the documentation produced from all the research you no doubt have committed to be able to reach this conclusion.
    How about during the time before the fall of the CoT you could live in your lands in peace, but kept on still ramming your heads again Omni-Tek lands in hope to be able to mine the notum yourself? You had no reason to fight us since we allowed you to live your life up in Tir as you wanted, as long as no one broke the law on OT territory, in which case of course Omni-Pol (being the only competent law enforcers) had to act.

And now with the fall of that bunch of people you called gouverment, why do you fight now? Set up an new rulership and declare yourself independant then and be done with it. Either way I fail to see any reason for any of us to slaughter eachother.

You know Urielpaladin, i found something very funny in what you said. You said...'Our land'. I find that funny. Your land? Your land? Rubi-Ka belongs to OT, you are nothing but tenants who don't pay they're rent. You know what happens to a tenant who doesn't pay his rent? You get thrown out, which is exactly what's happening. You think ICC should shoot OT personel? You are fool. We pay huge amounts of creds to ICC for control of Rubi-Ka, and provide a stability to the economy of the known universe. You on the other hand, don't do anything but waste the air that we pay for. So breath deep...while you still have lungs.

Originally posted by Iceman
    You said...'Our land'. I find that funny. Your land? Your land? Rubi-Ka belongs to OT, you are nothing but tenants who don't pay they're rent.
    What's even more funny is a corporate nitwit who doesn't know what "lease" means.

Leases have a way of expiring...tic toc little clan monkey...when will yours? Tic toc...tic toc...tic toc.

Originally posted by Iceman
    Leases have a way of expiring...
    You probably haven't heard, but that's pretty much the whole issue.