Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2 hour MP pets=finally lower reqs on engi pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Is this one working?
    Not worth a damn. that perk has never made a bit of difference for me pulling agg, and that was even in my wuss dd untyped kyr grenade days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Personally not sure as I don't have 10 perks free to use it. The 900 taunt requires Gadgeteer 10 to use. The Level 5 Taunt is only 105, http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=229120

Cadgeteer 10 gives you,

Trade and Repair
    Mechanical engineering 55
    Electrical engineering 55
    Quantum physics 55
    Weapon smithing 70
    Nano and Aiding
    Matter creation 30
    Time and space 30

"Chaotic Energy" 20% chance of cast damage
    "Siphon Box" 22% chance of cast DrainHit Health, recover 15% Energy -242 .. -1948 (hits for min)
    "Reconstruction" Hot Hit Health 350 .. 350 60 hits, 3s delay
    "Taunt Box" Taunt 900 (no way of knowing if it works or not)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

*Insert whine about engie pets costing creds to cast here*

How could you miss this? It annoys me to no end. Oh and while you're at it reducing nanoskill reqs, remove the level locks from (all) engie bots please.

I have to agree that the original argument of "Engie pets are permanent and as such should be hard to cast" is not as valid anymore, as other profs are getting a 4x upgrade in the duration (dunno about Trader pets though?). Still, I'm rather interested what's up with the other new nanos and their nanoskill requirements, as ISotOS doesn't really last forever as of now.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    no maybe, go read means answer again. next patch. what set up sacrifice do the MP and crat have to make just to self their pets and pet buffs? please enlighten me
    I sacrify 10 seconds in AS, and a wholelot of AAO and Add damage... And that is with 10 perks in nanoskills.

This got agro from MPs and crats because it compares to them. Just ask for it in the right forum and with the reasonable suggestions and no MP or crat will come to bother.
    Last edited by viandante; Dec 2nd, 2008 at 11:51:22.

The reason why MPs got a 2 hour pet is not pvp it is pvm. Making a team wait 2-3 minutes or being out of the fight in a team mish is unreasonable in today's fast gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    That is the whole of our working taunt toolset for the pets, the taunt on the snare does not work. (or else running around with it would make everything attack the pets)
    Technically it doesnt work like that. Taunts alone dont do anything, you need damage+taunt to actually aggro stuff. Which is why mongo and other typical taunts also have some minor damage on them.

But if pets are whooping a target, i believe snare taunt does work, it just far to tiny to make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by viandante View Post
    I sacrify 10 seconds in AS
    Too bad Tigress caps at 12 seconds. You were saying?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    odd you say that.

but if he was wearing the right jumpsuit... kintaii would so look like elvis.
    My mom made this a year or so back when she was first starting to figure out Photoshop. I'm still not entirely sure why.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I'm not believing you're a King, until i hear how you sing "Be bop a lula, she's my baby".

But , King or not, if you guys fix the reqs on our nanos, i bet there will be a bra or two flying at you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    My mom made this a year or so back when she was first starting to figure out Photoshop. I'm still not entirely sure why.
    The guy on the right looks a lot like you.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    I'm not believing you're a King, until i hear how you sing "Be bop a lula, she's my baby".

But , King or not, if you guys fix the reqs on our nanos, i bet there will be a bra or two flying at you!
    don't forget the giant trox panties
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Try with Game Suggestions and with a few nicely argumented posts. It obviously works.
    "Nicely argumented" must mean hijacked. Or wait, maybe it means its got a bunch of MPs and Crats flaming it to death with no justification whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    And yes, engi's can have lower reqs if all other pet classes get infinite pets and mp gets a new healpet for 220 ..k?

(crats and engis both got new pets since AI release. And we get...uhhh...a mezzpet that might land 1/50 tries and isn't much of an improvement)
    /cry me a river. So engy finally gets one thing new since release of LE that's actually useful and usable by our entire class and that's your justification that MPs need more love? Try harder next time.

oh noes... here we ago again, another engie complaint comparing apples to space ships.

the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.

then again, i live in a reality where 2 hours doesnt equate to permanent.
    You must be the resident professional on complaint threads, you've only authored\posted in favor of almost every unnnerf MP thread and against every unnerf engy thread. Your opinion is probably about as unbiased as a jury of rapists on a molestation trial.

Also, for future reference permanent doesn't really mean anything when the pets never live for over 2 hours to begin with. If pets were really so permanent we wouldn't need to find an MP for mochams 5 times a day.

hmmmmm.. this gives me an idea!

if engies equate 2 hours to meaning permanent... then they dont need to have any buffs that last more than 2. so if an engie asks for a 4 or 8 hour buff, they really mean 2.

i can totally use this engie math!
    Too bad the only buffs we have that last over 2 hours are ACs (which are useless), composite tradeskills (which doesn't need to last 8 hours), and mechanized reflect shield (hey look, something useful, too bad the only reason its so long is because its harder to cast than even our pets).

Quote Originally Posted by Majoroutage_ View Post
    Actually no, our MC/TS would still stay maxed. We'd just have to wear less nanobuffing crap to spawn them.
    Finally, someone that has a clue.

Seriously, the whole "i ned luv moar den u" crap is really getting old, grow the **** up already, and get used to the fact that a) you aren't the only people who play this game and b) life isn't fair.
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by viandante View Post
    Just ask for it in the right forum and with the reasonable suggestions and no MP or crat will come to bother.
    You haven't ever been to the Engineer forums have you?

It gets more heavily trolled by MP's and Crats than here.

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right, you're in a tissy because you can't be the champion tradeskiller and self all your hard to self stuff - made hard because you're a tradeskiller?

See that cake? Its mine now.

Engi's are about choice. You made yours. Really don't see why your pets should be made easier to compensate. They're complete superior to the alternatives. The rest are starting to catch up, and all you can say is 'me, me, me, ME!'
    I don't know how many wrong statements are in this, I stopped counting.

Engi's are about choice
    No, we are forced to chose because, unlike just about ever other profession, we don't have a viable "one to rule them all" weapon, we have good PvM ones, we have a AI/froob old as hell PvP ones, we have carebear grenade ones. I'd much rather have a superior weapon that can take care of pvp AND pvm like just about every other prof, rather than having these oh so awesome choices. If my gun choices wasn't so reliable on AS, I could use that nano controller instead of sniper's friend (although that would put me at a whopping 3 hud/util just for nanoskills + the nanodeck, leaves me 2 spots to put in whatever I want, pretty sad).

you're in a tissy because you can't be the champion tradeskiller
    If I was only TSing there would be no problem because I would just be wearing a set of arith, I switched to PvP without doing full IPR and found out I could have all the viable skills while still keeping most of my tradeskills. If I was in a tissy about anything it would be the sacrifices made just to be able to PvP with any kind of effectiveness.

Really don't see why your pets should be made easier to compensate.
    Then stop caring and posting in this thread, you'll never get it, and it doesn't effect you so why are you here?

They're complete superior to the alternatives.
    'fraid not Sally, just look at the dmg and HP the other pets have now... I'll let you get back to me.
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    <random whines>
    its quite simple. stop dragging MPs into non-MP complaints, and you have a 99.999% chance i wont post, or even read the thread.

whats that? you cant? then your argument is invalidated if it cant stand on its own without comparison against another profession.

hell.. i'd be more inclined to support another prof's idea/wish if they're able to articulate it enough in a way that doesnt compare their prof to other profs. and especially if its not some "they got this, so we demand X".

this isnt Notum Science here.....

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

its quite simple. stop dragging MPs into non-MP complaints, and you have a 99.999% chance i wont post, or even read the thread.

whats that? you cant? then your argument is invalidated if it cant stand on its own without comparison against another profession.

hell.. i'd be more inclined to support another prof's idea/wish if they're able to articulate it enough in a way that doesnt compare their prof to other profs. and especially if its not some "they got this, so we demand X".

But it's 100% AOK for MPs to do it the other way around.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    But it's 100% AOK for MPs to do it the other way around.
    well, if you say so. then it must be true.

cause i'm not aware of me doing such tactics in the past couple years. or are you talking about people i have no control over?

if they're talking about getting things for MPs.. then why would i care? well.. course.. i care as much as needed to consider putting the suggestion in our Wish/Bug lists.

if they complain about MPs in a way thats wrong, then i may point out their errors as well.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Too bad Tigress caps at 12 seconds. You were saying?
    Really. I guess I sploit then.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

This from the same class that used engineers' permanent pet duration as a large basis of their demand for longer pets... and the same profession who used such comparisons to justify flaming our requests for more manageable casting requirements (which coincidentally had nothing to do with MPs)... I don't care if you never made said comparisons yourself, it doesn't change the fact that a large number of the players you represent, and players that represent MPs in general, did. Just because you are a professional doesn't make you any less guilty of being a hypocrite.

As I said before, either realize that you aren't the only person\class that plays this game or keep your opinions to yourself.
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    This from the same class that used engineers' permanent pet duration as a large basis of their demand for longer pets... and the same profession who used such comparisons to justify flaming our requests for more manageable casting requirements (which coincidentally had nothing to do with MPs)... I don't care if you never made said comparisons yourself, it doesn't change the fact that a large number of the players you represent, and players that represent MPs in general, did. Just because you are a professional doesn't make you any less guilty of being a hypocrite.

As I said before, either realize that you aren't the only person\class that plays this game or keep your opinions to yourself.
    i like that. so you're rationalizing your continuing to make unsubstantiated complaints by putting me in the same lot of people who continue to do what you have been doing.

yes yes.. we are the borg of MPs. resistance is futile. you will be assimilated by our mochams. resistance will make you gimped.

oh.. and before i forget... i'm not allowed to keep my opinions to myself. its a requirement of being a prof.

- Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast