Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718

Thread: 2 hour MP pets=finally lower reqs on engi pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I cant really say for sure or not, but my dog unbuffed was pulling agged from my fully buffed widow. Fairly tired of casting the dog and rebuffing it.
    In their infinite wisdom, FC made the lowest HP pets the ones with the highest aggressiveness.

I get the same thing with CEO, even unbuffed he tanks over Carlo for the most part, fully buffed it's worse.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Now i haven't read this thread but didnt engis get those neet BS versions of there pets that have lower cast reqs? -.^

Or wasn't that enough?

How could people cast chicken several years ago and you cant do it even with all the love you have gotten sense then? ^.-
    It's the buffs that go with it. Try playing a pet profession to truly appreciate the keyboard smashing annoyance that is a twat of a Soldier or Shade ganking your pet because he can't touch you.

It'd be like me doing something that unequips your dshark and sets all your weapon skills to zero for 30s. Hey, for giggles, try it. Next time I see you on the BS, you AMS then unequip your DShark for 30s. I'm sure you'll love it.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by hacre View Post
    it's the buffs that go with it. Try playing a pet profession to truly appreciate the keyboard smashing annoyance that is a twat of a soldier or shade ganking your pet because he can't touch you.
    qft.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    It's the buffs that go with it. Try playing a pet profession to truly appreciate the keyboard smashing annoyance that is a twat of a Soldier or Shade ganking your pet because he can't touch you.

It'd be like me doing something that unequips your dshark and sets all your weapon skills to zero for 30s. Hey, for giggles, try it. Next time I see you on the BS, you AMS then unequip your DShark for 30s. I'm sure you'll love it.
    Think i can relate.... Lotsa bad things can happen when your only way to touch someone relies on 2 buttons <.<

So the BS bots have a long ass debuff on them? I missed that part...

Btw shouldnt you guys have more nano skills in a year or so? ^_^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Think i can relate.... Lotsa bad things can happen when your only way to touch someone relies on 2 buttons <.<

So the BS bots have a long ass debuff on them? I missed that part...

Btw shouldnt you guys have more nano skills in a year or so? ^_^
    The fact you do only rely on 2 buttons (should be 3 btw, m, and AMS) says it all really.

Clearly you lack the comprehension required to succeed in this thread. I'll leave you at the mercy of one of the other more vicious pet owners to point out just what a retard you're being.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    The fact you do only rely on 2 buttons (should be 3 btw, m, and AMS) says it all really.

Clearly you lack the comprehension required to succeed in this thread. I'll leave you at the mercy of one of the other more vicious pet owners to point out just what a retard you're being.
    dude... /fail.... l2r fcol xD

Oh and heres something i find funny... Sure i do get it... but its just funny when you look at it....

Engis go: Zomg our pets do nothing to help us killz peoplz so we need to have TONS of gear for ourselves so we can kill people!

And then at the same time you go: Zomg we cant killz peoplz without ourz petz so we needz lower reqz on them because we cant cast them in our current equipz!
    Last edited by Rktim; Dec 21st, 2008 at 15:39:05.
    Messiah has spoken.

No no, you mixed that up, our pets alone CAN'T kill anyone, we need tons of weapon skills to do so. However You're not going to die from an AS every 11s. We need both AS and our pets to kill you, I currently don't have AS, it's about the most pointless damn thing for me to go up on the BS.

I had heartless just kite and kill my pets the other day, I even actively recast my snare while he was doing so and it didn't even touch him. That's a sold btw, my pets couldn't touch him, I couldn't touch him, I just gave up /pet terminate and sat down.

Unless an engineer completely sacrifices their PvM setup and goes REC3 or Bow we cant do a damn thing to anyone but greens and idiots on the BS. Bow, maybe able to cast the Pets + nano, but I know for a fact REC3 cant. Just to keep the REC3 non-OE we need to have a brain IMP in instead of a symb and that really hurts us.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

No no, you mixed that up, our pets alone CAN'T kill anyone, we need tons of weapon skills to do so. However You're not going to die from an AS every 11s. We need both AS and our pets to kill you, I currently don't have AS, it's about the most pointless damn thing for me to go up on the BS.

I had heartless just kite and kill my pets the other day, I even actively recast my snare while he was doing so and it didn't even touch him. That's a sold btw, my pets couldn't touch him, I couldn't touch him, I just gave up /pet terminate and sat down.

Unless an engineer completely sacrifices their PvM setup and goes REC3 or Bow we cant do a damn thing to anyone but greens and idiots on the BS. Bow, maybe able to cast the Pets + nano, but I know for a fact REC3 cant. Just to keep the REC3 non-OE we need to have a brain IMP in instead of a symb and that really hurts us.
    Yeah like i said i do get it but you tend to over exaggerate ether one or the other depending on the topic.... Ether you cant live without your pets or there completely useless....

You never go "we kinda need both" because that weekends your useless pet/needing pet arguments ^^

But yes i get that you need both, i just find the the fact that your 2 main arguments clash with eachother amusing

Time for engis to work out a new catchphrase like "we need both uber pets and uber weapon skills to kill!" or something ^_^
    Messiah has spoken.

Pets on their own are useless.
    Pet profession on it's own without pets is useless.

Get it now?
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

well if you look at this thread, http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=542827 , you can see that even nick agrees that these would be best for us. If we had a HEAVY short snare (aka frostbite on crack) we wouldn't have to worry about our weaponskills nearly as much. All of us (even nick) would LOVE to be able to use our pets as our weapons. (even though it makes us losing our weapons much easier.)

We are soldiers with pets right now, we DON'T want to be soldiers with pets we're forced to to be competitive.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

well if you look at this thread, http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=542827 , you can see that even nick agrees that these would be best for us. If we had a HEAVY short snare (aka frostbite on crack) we wouldn't have to worry about our weaponskills nearly as much. All of us (even nick) would LOVE to be able to use our pets as our weapons. (even though it makes us losing our weapons much easier.)

We are soldiers with pets right now, we DON'T want to be soldiers with pets we're forced to to be competitive.
    Agreed, once i even did a code for a working single snare directed from your pet to its target that didn't involve your pet actually casting the snare and i PMd it to your professionals when FC had there last attempt at a working pet snare aura but i don't think they understood it, it was based on the mechanics behind YEEIYF and i bet that with a slight amount of tweaking FC could get it to work beautifully -.^
    Messiah has spoken.

Then post it in our forums, our newest snare isnt much better then our old one (though it is better) Honestly the only thing i've seen that snare land on is other pets...

<@Kintaii> L2P

Then post it in our forums, our newest snare isnt much better then our old one (though it is better) Honestly the only thing i've seen that snare land on is other pets...
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...13#post5381713 ftw
    Messiah has spoken.

What do you mean even me.

Tehevolz managed to land it on me several times, even when I had SS running. Must have been incredibly luck based in this case.

About pets? Ya, it's 100% land chance. That thing is freakin' annoying, acting like root. WTB smart enough pets to start walking in this case.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

About pets? Ya, it's 100% land chance. That thing is freakin' annoying, acting like root. WTB smart enough pets to start walking in this case.
    You know that's the #1 reason why i was fighting against implementing this snare, right? Sadly , they as always prefer to take the easier route of old, flawed design.

Tehevolz managed to land it on me several times, even when I had SS running. Must have been incredibly luck based in this case.

Or just reduce speed of mobs when their runspeed is reduced, and not rooted. But that would be too much work.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718