Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 28th, 2008

I don't PVP with my shade. Well aware of the weaknesses there.

PVP however, is only the smallest part of this game, concerning a minority of people. If you can get a bit of legup there from time to time, fine. But Shades are very highly functional in PVM. These changes you want would make it so completely utterly retarded.

Thus its a bad idea.

No matter how much you want it to be otherwise, theres more PVM shades (and PVM everybodies) than PVPer's.

Prepare to be disappointed. I seriously doubt your bold red text is going to get you what you want. Why do you think Means isnt answering the question. Its a question with two wrong answers.

You can shout about it until you're blue in the face, and hell, you probably will. Not going to get you your answer though.

Rather than combined spirits, I'd like to see shades to maintain their current dynamic. Thanks to the way non shade defense is, and has been for some time, perhaps the various perks that are the start of the problem could/should be adjusted to be as effective as they should be.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Nov 29th, 2008 at 09:31:50.

PvP a minority? Get real. this game would be long dead without pvp. And as for shade in pvm...combined spirits would do nothing other than give shade's mbs and hp in pvm.
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo

Theres a thousand people online at the moment.

12 of them are PVPing.

Get some perspective. Try to relate to someone else. That's probably not possible, since you're a 220/30 trox shade. Rolled specifically to PVP. The grind was just a means to an end.

(Okay, fine. I made those numbers up. They're probably accurate anyway.)
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Nov 29th, 2008 at 09:40:40.

Quote Originally Posted by -XeI20- View Post
    And as for shade in pvm...combined spirits would do nothing other than give shade's mbs and hp in pvm.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Theres a thousand people online at the moment.

12 of them are PVPing.
    Lol (I know you made them up still made me chuckle).

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Lol (I know you made them up still made me chuckle).
    Especially the thousands part.

Imo you should let the thinking about these thing's come from those who actually value and invest in they're shade's from which a greater understanding of the profession is obtained as well as accurate and informed opinion's.
    You forgot "biased" in there, too!
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

From all 8 or so of us keepers: thank you.

NIce chair, I didn't peg you for a female toon though. Wife's choice?

When's the last time you actually logged and pvped with your shade? I'd really like to know because personally I've never seen your shade in-game.
    Imo you should let the thinking about these thing's come from those who actually value and invest in they're shade's from which a greater understanding of the profession is obtained as well as accurate and informed opinion's. I mean honestly...your shade isn't even ai20. If your not going to listen to people with more experiance, it's a good rule of thumb to just remain quite about an issue. Ofc, some people don't care if they're wrong as long as they get what they want. What is it you're actually wanting eqad?
    OK, opisex and soli shades, I can understand their whining, but... WHY ON EARTH DO TROX ONES WHINE SO MUCH?!
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothy View Post
    You forgot "biased" in there, too!
    And you think the people who are giving shade hate are not biased? They're ignoring fact's about shade's to achieve they're own end's regardless of what they're being shown.

OK, opisex and soli shades, I can understand their whining, but... WHY ON EARTH DO TROX ONES WHINE SO MUCH?!
    Perhaps I'm looking at shade as a whole instead of a breed as best I can. Perhap's I can actually understand opi and soli need's seeing as how mongo rage isn't Perma and mongo rage is the only advantage a trox has over other breeds. And just maybe..maybe, people who play a shade have a better idea of what shade's need than yourself Klod.

Perhaps I'm looking at shade as a whole instead of a breed as best I can. Perhap's I can actually understand opi and soli need's seeing as how mongo rage isn't Perma and mongo rage is the only advantage a trox has over other breeds. And just maybe..maybe, people who play a shade have a better idea of what shade's need than yourself Klod.
    MR is pretty hefty amount of advantage, for such profession, even "non-permanent" like this.

Not sure why you think I have to play shade to actualy understand what they need, or what they don't need. It's enough to engage in fight against one regulary, to see that they got a lot lately.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

MR is pretty hefty amount of advantage, for such profession, even "non-permanent" like this.

Not sure why you think I have to play shade to actually understand what they need, or what they don't need. It's enough to engage in fight against one regulary, to see that they got a lot lately.
    I hold the opinion that player's who play a shade have a better idea of what the prof needs because at one point I didn't play a shade. After playing a shade I came to understand it a great deal more and realized much of what I thought beforehand was not entirely accurate. This hold's true for all profession's. While general knowledge is useful it is still just general knowledge that you've obtained through listening to other's. To say that what you know about shade's is just as accurate and relevant as those who know what you know and have actually done what you are only able to conceptualize is a bit far fetched.

I hold the opinion that player's who play a shade have a better idea of what the prof needs because at one point I didn't play a shade.
    Yes, I see you played advie before that. I stoped reading after that, 'cos I totaly understand that playing any other profession after advie must be a shocking experience.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Yes, I see you played advie before that. I stoped reading after that, 'cos I totaly understand that playing any other profession after advie must be a shocking experience.
    I got bored of playing my adv Klod. It was so boring playing on my Adv I was close to quiting AO. Furthermore, it would be nice if you'd actually respond to issue's instead of deflecting.
    Last edited by -XeI20-; Nov 29th, 2008 at 21:07:38.

The art direction is looking very good, sort of reminds me of Morrowinds Dwarven ruins. Good stuff!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Furthermore, it would be nice if you'd actually respond to issue's instead of deflecting.
    What issues?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

What issues?
    Seriously? If your not gonna pay attention I don't see the point of bothering with a discussion.
    Last edited by -XeI20-; Nov 29th, 2008 at 22:15:05.

Oukay.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Seriously? If your not gonna pay attention I don't see the point of bothering with a discussion.
    Just don't feed him....

me passes Klod a fish
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast