Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 28th, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Well, that "craphander" notice might turn us into pistoleros again. Who knows.
    I don't think my IP could handle a pistol setup again
    Now, why would you get that?
    Funny isn't it? After half of AO rose up in arms against Combined Combined armor waxing eloquently about choice and sacrifice and weaknesses and thinking about your setup, a couple shades missed the memo and continue to ask for this. xD

I guess I might support combined spirits if ql300s require 1.5k AGI/SEN/PSY xD
    Last edited by Chrys; Nov 28th, 2008 at 18:11:33.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I guess I might support combined spirits if ql300s require 1.5k AGI/SEN/PSY xD
    I guess you also want reqs on ql300 symbiants increased to 1.5k abilities then? Or can you actually articulate why spirits should be **** compared to symbiants?

Especially with symbiants now being "fixed", which I assume means every single symbiant type gets Aimedshot.
    Your signature cannot be longer than 2000 characters including BB code markup.

Tons of chars and forum requires me to stop making new alts. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Fear and Knockback for all?:
    Not everyone will benefit directly from the implementation of Fear and Knockback. Not all classes will get these mechanics. Shades will not get knockback or fear...but Shades, for example, will be getting new spirits in the booster.
    You see theres a problem here. You say here that shades will be getting new spirits and that will be the thing to 'make up' for the fact that we get no form of fear or knockback however its also true that every other profession is getting improvements to symbiants (absolutely hilarious that they got even BETTER symbiants before shades spirits were fixed) thus making the improvement shades get from spirits not an improvement at all since symbs are ALSO getting improved. Its a common trend thats been happening for a long time now. Every prof gets something, whilst shade gets less/none of it. Example: DB Bracer, shade is the ONLY prof that cant keep this bracer un-OE so basically when this bracer came out, shades got 19 less AR/Def than anyone else (as well as every other stat that is effected by OE). Example 2: Shades got the least Attack Rating research line compared to ANY prof (even doc/mp/trader/crat). Shades got 115 Piercing whilst everyone else got either 150 or 160. When are shades actually going to get something that puts them in front of everyone else and not behind? (must be behind target.............?)
    Last edited by Shiekah; Nov 28th, 2008 at 18:29:15.

Yeah, it sounds to me the only "fix" to shade spirits is that we will get ql300s. Which is absolutely retarded, since the main problem with them is that they are s..t. I'd rather have GOOD spirits and still ql270 max.

The fact that symbiants are getting boosted will only make this difference even more relevant I guess.
    Your signature cannot be longer than 2000 characters including BB code markup.

Tons of chars and forum requires me to stop making new alts. :'(

Something for the shades?....

Q - Fix for Parry/Riposte soon'ish?

Adding parry and riposte was tried 4 years ago with horrible results. It ended up making life harder for melee classes. If anything life will become easier for melee classes in the near future.
    "Xan Artifacts" will be available to all professions in the booster...some of these will be of more benefit to some professions than others. Wait and see.
    Reading between the line to me it seems, "some professions" = melee

It's fairly obvious Means has something up his sleeve....

Sooo once more for luck:
    Wait and see.
    Troxxor - Atrox Enforcer - My Ganker [Target]
    Slights - Solitus Enforcer - My Tanker [Target]

Loyal General of Ascension
    www.clan-ascension.org
    Rimor | Clan
    Significant Alts: SlightChange | Bokken | Takken

Why are you a girl char?

Can you sit in the hoverchair without crossing your legs, or is that just a ladylike way of sitting?

Does a BoC get stuck in the hoverchair's cushions?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

Yet another amusing week of archaic illnesses. This time it was "Vertigo" that had me leaving the office in the back seat of a reluctant gentleman's taxi...complete with office bucket-garbage can for emergencies. "I am unable to walk." is not a problem I usually need to ask my competant and dedicated team for help with.(Thank you for the help Sjur.) Some have suggested I don't know my right from left in the past and I got to fully experience a real world implementation of this condition for almost a full 24 hours at an Oslo emergency ward.
    Oh man, I feel for you. When I had vertigo due to infection it had messed with my balance that much it took over a month until I could walk normally again, and the first week i was vomiting every few hours. Hope you're well again soon.

Good answers. Looking forward to 18.0.

Fear and Knockback for all?:
    Not everyone will benefit directly from the implementation of Fear and Knockback. Not all classes will get these mechanics. Shades will not get knockback or fear...but Shades, for example, will be getting new spirits in the booster. "Xan Artifacts" will be available to all professions in the booster...some of these will be of more benefit to some professions than others. Wait and see. I promise not all balance issues will be corrected in 18.0. There will never be perfect balance...but we will keep trying.
    mh, so do shades get new spirits, similiar to the new symbiants or will it be just the upgrade from ql 270 to ql 300 spirits?
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Quote Originally Posted by Anayama View Post
    The fact that symbiants are getting boosted will only make this difference even more relevant I guess.
    You mean... Replacing parry and piercing from control/support right/left arm with something else like, bow, pistol and shotgun (which actualy makes sense)?
    Last edited by Klod; Nov 28th, 2008 at 19:32:39.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by tokrika View Post
    too much gammeldansk is known to cause vertigo - being drunk is no excuse for leaving work, means. tsktsk.
    There's is no such thing as "Too much gammeldansk"

Shame on you!!!

@OP
    Sounds great... Once again
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    There's is no such thing as "Too much gammeldansk"

Shame on you!!!

@OP
    Sounds great... Once again
    Why do people on forums always pretend to be some kind of alcoholics, or somesuch, when it's obvious that they are not (well, except crattey ofc)?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Why do people on forums always pretend to be some kind of alcoholics, or somesuch, when it's obvious that they are not (well, except crattey ofc)?
    because either:

1) They like beer.
    2) Beer likes them.
    3) They are underage and think it's cool.
    4) It is cool. (every drank warm beer? eww)
    5) They are alcoholics.
    6) Water is more expensive.

Now lower your head and give me your beer. Resistance is futile.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

Don't worry Means, I found the guy who is stalkering your health, booked plane tickets to his city so we can have 1 on 1 discussion about this issue.

New Weapons, My Perks, My Weapon choice isn't as good etc:
    This booster will not fix all weapon choices for all professions. Hopefully our regular updates in the near future will be able to address some of these issues. We are willing to listen to these issues. Some of these issues will hopefully be lessened by the new improved symbiants addressing skills that were missing from the old sets. Yes...1HB will get looked into...as will "Craphander". But not before the release of the booster.
    Does this mean that you've seen my thread about crats needing a pvp pistol option and you're willing to consider working with us on one?

It's been on our wishlist for a long time.

(PS if you aren't feeling better yet, I know a great, great gin-tea recipe that will cure anything! or at least get you drunk whilst soothing any throat problems. LET ME KNOW, I AM HERE FOR YOU MEANS! ;D)

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Does this mean that you've seen my thread about crats needing a pvp pistol option and you're willing to consider working with us on one?

It's been on our wishlist for a long time.
    I belive it 'cos ranged advies need more love.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Well, that "craphander" notice might turn us into pistoleros again. Who knows.
    Oh well, a "Fixer" Tag would prevent you from that
    recently i heard vanya sing:
    WATCH OUT WHERE THE HUSKIES GO
    AN' DON'T YOU EAT THAT YELLOW SNOW

Lol, everyone is wanking this evening over one sentence, you people do realise "craphander being taken care of' can just as well mean its being nerfed or removed at all, right? About damn time too i'd say.

With maybe seperate solutions for each interested proffesion to come in the future.

Noobie Island:
    All the new loot (with the exception of implants) is being restored, and should be in the next version. We are also working on the excellent suggestion of being able to enter the alien ship from the island.

will get looked into...as will "Craphander". But not before the release of the booster.
    Would you be willing to look into the "Craphander" and remove AS from it and other one handed ranged weapons?

Hides from trolls.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    I guess I might support combined spirits if ql300s require 1.5k AGI/SEN
    bump
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

New Weapons, My Perks, My Weapon choice isn't as good etc:
    This booster will not fix all weapon choices for all professions. Hopefully our regular updates in the near future will be able to address some of these issues. We are willing to listen to these issues. Some of these issues will hopefully be lessened by the new improved symbiants addressing skills that were missing from the old sets. Yes...1HB will get looked into...as will "Craphander". But not before the release of the booster.

Colin "Means" Cragg
    Disoriented Game Director

Yay, at least you got it

Bah it's good

Later is better than never

At least the new players and the players you didn't digust with pistols will be able to play with it, if ao is still online when those things hit live , surely in two years as i know how your word 'soon' is long from you.
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast