Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 21, 2008

Summary of what I can look forward to from my point of view:

More PVM for PVPers
    2 hour pets for MPs

Umm I am slightly interested in the new solo content, but most recent content is extremely pet-unfriendly (e.g. Ado quest's Muddy Dryad... lol how about warping player's weapons and toolsets into the water while you're at it; The Machine was terrible for several months and I still haven't been back even though they claim they fixed pets, gfx issues there remain), so my overall impression of this update is...

Meh.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

wow, just wow. A wealth of useful info, thank you.

I'm a little let down that they are pushing back the new engine again... but at the same time i'm heartened that FC is putting some attention to implementing a polished and working system.

I suppose the down side is that though they are not hyping the new engine, expectations will be higher with the longer development time.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

A lot of the recent additions as well as quite a few AI encounters are extremely Aimed Shot / Sneak Attack unfriendly.

For Example with over 3000 Concealment:
    Alien Scouts: Sometimes possible to use Aimed shot against greens or greys.
    Alien Bosses: Very Rare occasion can Aimed Shot be used.
    Muddy Dryad: Can't normally conceal to use Aimed Shot before it attacks.
    Dust Brigade Instance 1: Never been able to use Aimed Shot.
    Dust Brigade Instance 2: Never Been able to use Aimed Shot.
    High HP Enemies: Can't (to all intents and purposes) reuse Aimed Shot.

Are there any plans to make Aimed Shot / Sneak Attack more PvM friendly?

Any plans to finish off the Ofab sets?

Dear Dreadloch Weapons Customization Team,

Unfortunately it seems the Ofab Technicians don't seem to have made a decent sniper Rifle, they made a bow that performs better than their rifle, so I was wondering if you are working on a decent Rifle or Sniper Rifle to make Agents drool. Please could you let the public know what sort of progress, if any, is being made to implement new Sniper Rifle(s), preferably customizable as different agents like different options, and also do you have any other interesting weapons planned?

Yours Sincerely
    Ebondevil
    Concerned Agent and Prospective Buyer.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    He says in the OP that things will become easier for melee players. That's advie love as far as I can tell? I do believe the 30% cap made it easier for advies also? Not like adventurers aren't a viable PvP class either. How many classes run around with acrobat, bio shield, high root resist, high NR and second best heals fighting on full def. They suffer a bit in the alpha department, but nothing worse than a lot of others, and it's mostly felt when they are running alone. It's definetly not bad when you factor in their defense which is probably one of the best, if not the best in game.
    Advies suffering in the alpha department... I lol'd hard.

If anything they've got more alpha power than 2he enforcers.. and are more deadly, even though they don't have stuns.

As far as the defense department goes for advies, they're more than fine in that area I seem to believe.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

so booster "again" means, 2 ****ty instances for a team and one ****ty raid instance again? no new playfields like SL used to be after all?

meeh... i cant stand another grind instance that only involves killing mobs in a certain order.....

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Ibtk!
    hahahahaha +1 on that one
    since 2005
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheddy View Post
    so booster "again" means, 2 ****ty instances for a team and one ****ty raid instance again? no new playfields like SL used to be after all?

meeh... i cant stand another grind instance that only involves killing mobs in a certain order.....
    It also involves what would seem to be solo based quests which will help with AXP, so I would guess there is at least one new play-field being added for that as well.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Q - What can avid PVPers expect from 18.0?

PVP toolset updates and powerfull Xan Artifacts will ****e up pvp in 18.0.

These are some of the basics we are working to implement in 18.0 (Available for purchase from Ofab Vendors, NOT dependant on purchase of the booster.)

Martial Artist - Single Target Fears
    Engineer - AOE Knockback Mines
    Fixer - Fear Immunity - NCU Cleanser
    Agent - FP other's nanos
    Trader - Single Target Shotgun Knockback
    Crat - AOE Fears
    Enforcer - Knockback Stun and Single Target Fears
    Doctor - Fear Removal from Friendly Targets
    Nanotech - AOE Knockback
    Keeper - Fear Immunity Aura
    Good to hear. Just now gota find out what Agent nanos are being expanded ^_^

Q - Old entrance hall back to game, yes or no?

Never. This area of the game represented a huge drop-off point for new players.
    I have a list of over 250 people in my sigi that says otherwise. Granted yes it is for the island but a lot of em want the entrance hall back as part of it.
    Last edited by Ayria; Nov 22nd, 2008 at 20:16:51.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    I have a list of over 250 people in my sigi that says otherwise. Granted yes it is for the island but a lot of em want the entrance hall back as part of it.
    Yeah, hall was teh seks for me. I was impressed by it, when I first started as a n00b.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

WTB some hope.

That is to say, a completely buggy non working hellhole of terror - Testlive with engine components.

We all need a reassuring hug, as the deadline blows further and futher out.

Q - What can avid PVPers expect from 18.0?

PVP toolset updates and powerfull Xan Artifacts will ****e up pvp in 18.0.

These are some of the basics we are working to implement in 18.0 (Available for purchase from Ofab Vendors, NOT dependant on purchase of the booster.)

Martial Artist - Single Target Fears
    Engineer - AOE Knockback Mines
    Fixer - Fear Immunity - NCU Cleanser
    Agent - FP other's nanos
    Trader - Single Target Shotgun Knockback
    Crat - AOE Fears
    Enforcer - Knockback Stun and Single Target Fears
    Doctor - Fear Removal from Friendly Targets
    Nanotech - AOE Knockback
    Keeper - Fear Immunity Aura

So now we get inbalanced PvP for Advys,soljas,shade,MP. ALso why don't FC make agents a nano so they can use every frakin nano ingame now (AS that ignores evades, FP doc CH and now Fear removal).

Quote Originally Posted by FL_Hippis View Post
    ...snip...
    So now we get inbalanced PvP for Advys,soljas,shade,MP. ALso why don't FC make agents a nano so they can use every frakin nano ingame now (AS that ignores evades, FP doc CH and now Fear removal).
    Yeah, it's a real pita when other professions get updates as well.... GET REAL, FC!!! Come On !!!!
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Hello Means and everyone!

First: These News are very interesting. Sounds like a great future for AO in someway.

Oh I hope that I could play a little bit more AO sometimes. I sit here at home in Germany and I´m happy about this weekend. Nothing is better than reading the Friday with Means article and playing AO. Outside it´s a little bit rainy today... the perfect weather for a AO weekend I would say. Okay it could be a little bit warmer.... its very cold at the moment...

My piggy bank for AO (yes I´ve my own AO piggy bank hehe) would be happy to spent its money for the first booster. I´ve ever loved to learn more about the Xan because it sounds interesting.

AO story... it´s really my favourite part of the game

Oh before I forget this to say..... Means! I really want your own piggy bank! No... not the money inside.... just the piggy bank if you have one..... :-P

Greetings,
    Millarks

(In hope that Means maybe have the ultra limited first AO logo piggy bank :-P )

Q - Old entrance hall back to game, yes or no?

Never. This area of the game represented a huge drop-off point for new players.
    100% respect and all that, but I really don't buy that...

Did you really check what made the people leave...Entrance settings/graphics, or......?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

There's a question i'd like to get answered.

Means, is there a way to tweak something at the costs of an AO subscription?

I think it won't be done that Euro zone players are paying the same as people who pay in USD. But one small fix would be wonderful:

Please give us an answer about the gap between the price of 14.95 EUR without the VAT and the 17.19 EUR that are actually payed including VAT. Decreasing the price so that it costs 14.95 EUR with VAT included would clear the prices for european players up and FunCom would still receive more money from european players than from people which are paying in USD.

I don't think we'll ever see the difference between currencies fixed, but including the VAT into the costs that are shown at account page and www.anarchy-online.com would be wonderful.

The VAT is based on the rate of Luxembourg which is, as far as I know, at 15%. 14.95 EUR divided by 1.15 would mean 13 EUR. Currently 1 Euro is worth 1.2595 USD. 13 EUR multiplied by 1.2595 means 16.3735 USD.

At the moment european players are paying 17.19 EUR * 1.2595 = 21.65 USD with VAT included and 18.83 USD without VAT.

An answer or even a comment on this problem would be highly appreciated by your customers which are paying in EUR at the moment.

I belive this is the best place bring a suggestion forward:

Dear Means,
    if you want to do something good for the game, then make skills not commonly used mandatory.
    Make e.g. trap disarmament, vehicle ground or even swimming really useful. Nothing is more fun than not being able to skill all that you want. This is what makes a game special.

As the shadowland expansion was released, it was advertised that you could specialize your profession. If fact, specialization was greatly reduced with the new symbiants. All players where made more equal. So:

Go and introduce equipment that disallows wearing other items.
    Give us new clusters for implants which rule big time over symbiants AND cripple players somehow. Give us more items that do good AND bad, just like Ljotur's armor.
    Let us create special characters, give us options. We don't want to strife for the best, we want to be unique.

Hope you read this.

Q - How much the booster will cost?

There are a three different price options for the booster, based around the idea of rewarding long term subscription players for their loyalty and support through the paid points system.

19.99 USD / 19.99 EURO
    OR
    14.99 USD / 14.99 EURO + 500 Paid Points
    OR
    9.99 USD / 9.99 EURO + 1000 Paid Points
    I pre-payed $15 for Alien Invasion at a local game stop.
    $20 for SL+AI+LE.

Sorry, no. I will not be paying full price for this.

Edit: Oh, and a huge bump for bringing back the entrance hall.
    Edit 2.0: Famine, I need certain forum things done for test server. Still. Two months is a long time to wait.
    Last edited by -Bugsplat; Nov 23rd, 2008 at 01:09:31.
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

I remember back when I first started playing AO.... Before SL came out. Before AI and LE. I spent a hour in that entrance hall. Not because I was lost or didn't know what to do. But because of all the people to talk to. All the Back story that you could learn, why Clan is Good/Evil, why Omni is Good/Evil from BOTH sides of the story. Then I was in the Back Yard's. I've never had more Fun in AO then learning it for the first time in the Back Yards. After leaving for a few years due to personal reasons. I was very disappointed when I came back last year to see that I was some how on a seemingly random Isle with little to no help at all. It took me FOREVER to get the hang of things again on that Isle. I've tried getting friends to play and after 30min to a hour on that Isle, they quit, Uninstall and go play a different MMORPG. Please, reconsider bringing back the Hall Means. There's a lot of us that miss it and want it back.
    "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."-Occam's razor

When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.
    AO will survive.

I have a Q. why isnt the Transfers working for Test... and being GD that you are can you activate it?
    ICC planet-wide announcement: Puzzytehcrat has been awarded the highest honorary rank for outstanding dedication to the defence of Rubi-Ka. Happy to be the First Clan ***MALE*** Crat to hit AI 30 RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Fugyaz View Post
    Crats, ordy has no room being close to this list. Thelibertine is one of the best Omnis, worth mentioning. Hands down the over all award goes to Puzzytehcrat.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast