Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 21, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    omg.... egadsrk2.... you... omg.... means, pls! do what he said! would be an incredible sign of decandence and hedonism if we could do this! imagine a hightank, floating in this chair, casting mongo or CH sometimes....
    Well, I was thinking more buffing other folk and stuff. You want hostile nanos, combat effectiveness, all that junk - on your feet son.

For example, we can buff other folk with social weapons. But not attack things. Think of this chair as a social weapon, for your ass.

Means et al. rocks!!!

thank you for all your answers Means, although, som attention regarding a look at the Enforcers blunt perkline would be very much appreciated. If only a recognition of if/when you guys are looking into it.

Folofal

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

Q - What can avid PVPers expect from 18.0?

PVP toolset updates and powerfull Xan Artifacts will ****e up pvp in 18.0.

Yas !!
    Dream come true for all PvP-ers ! More PvM grinding ! And possibly more cookie cutter items !

Revamp Notum Wars if you wanna do something for "pvp-ers".
    Dear Omni, gather up and clean my ...base

President Spiritual Guru of Devil Inside
    Fourth
    Sadism
    Diyu
    Willnukeyou
    Goodfella
    Dawnbreaker

Soulhuntress

Q - Regarding Symbiants, do I have to redo the 2 month of twinking that took me to wear a EOE 300 again?

We have plans to significantly reduce the time spent in perk reset. This should also arrive with 18.0.
    Awesome thanks for the response, this will definitely improve the game experience.

I think we are also looking forward to instanced Pande, probably more than anything at this point.

(A bit disappointed I won't be able to shout anyone with fear, nor be able to knock them back with the new CC nanos, hopefully funcom will give Soldiers a form of CC too).

Thanks.

The new engine is promises to be one of the biggest updates to AO.
    How does FC plan on capitalizing on it to revitalize AO?
    Is it possible or probable that a entire new tutorial/noobie zone could be implemented at the same time to give prospect players a smooth introduction into the game itself? Or perhaps a tutorial system designed to teach players up to level 50 new concepts in game itself?
    Will charactor creation be changed at all (ee. Charactor descriptions or maybe new customorization options)?

Whats in the chest in the Crypt of Home? Will we ever find out?

Also what is you and your design teams idea of what each classes purpose is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    They showed that on Top Gear last Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygyeia View Post
    Yeah, I saw that episode and this hoverchair made me immediately think of it.
    technically.. that segment was from season 11, but they couldnt find a place to fit it in

but when i saw that chair on topgear, i sorta thought about Wall-E.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by dockside View Post
    As for silirrions community contact, imo sure he wrote a lot but he did not listen to the players. Except some professionals, from the profs he played? You have accomplished more and been able to keep up with the community more then sil ever did.
    Well said, QFT and slam dunk!
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

First off Means, let me thank you for your Friday with means its nice to see our GD so involved.
    Now on to business..

I heartily disagree with the "arrival hall presented a huge drop off point", in fact I dont understand that at all. Where exactly did you get that info from? I loved it it ran directly into the story had some NPC's that provided valuable info to a new player, the statue of profs fighting the eremite was cool, and the troxs trying to scrub off the clanner grafitti was awesome..

Next, it's a shame(and a running kick to the nads) that the new engine was hyped all last year for a release this year, now its going to be pushed back till next?

Next, Thank you for not allowing CCCCombined in the game, of many ridiculously OP'd items in the game..dayum.

Next,
    Martial Artist - Single Target Fears
    Engineer - AOE Knockback Mines
    Fixer - Fear Immunity - NCU Cleanser
    Agent - FP other's nanos
    Trader - Single Target Shotgun Knockback
    Crat - AOE Fears
    Enforcer - Knockback Stun and Single Target Fears
    Doctor - Fear Removal from Friendly Targets
    Nanotech - AOE Knockback
    Keeper - Fear Immunity Aura
    Wtf man. Why, why, why, why! WHY have Advy's repeated gotten the shaft since LE?? If the goal was to make them completely inept and useless in PvP, you guys are succeeding admirably. You guys have given TREMENDOUS boosts to the other classes since LE, and completely nerfed Advy's due to it because we've gotten squat to stay competitive. WTB some Advy LUB PST! K? Please? A little bit???
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Ok, so shades are getting 280-300 spirits... ARE WE GETTING COMBINED SPIRITS!?

Keeper - Fear Immunity Aura

If it's a new nano in an old line it will only be useful against mobs and some duels. I hope it has its own line or it will be added to root/snare resist nanos.
    blah

Good news Means
    More info on shade spirits please...

Anyone needs siggy material btw?
    Those poor nerfed advs xD:

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    Wtf man. Why, why, why, why! WHY have Advy's repeated gotten the shaft since LE?? If the goal was to make them completely inept and useless in PvP, you guys are succeeding admirably. You guys have given TREMENDOUS boosts to the other classes since LE, and completely nerfed Advy's due to it because we've gotten squat to stay competitive. WTB some Advy LUB PST! K? Please? A little bit???
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

What about those not on the list Means? What should they expect?
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    Good news Means
    More info on shade spirits please...

Anyone needs siggy material btw?
    Those poor nerfed advs xD:

Bite me GM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    Yes. I'm a total idiot. Please don't quote that last sentence out of context
    Well Duh lol.

I have chronic dyslexia of the keyboard..

Zen.

Bring on the preorder option. I want to make absolute certain I get to say:

"Fetch...THE COMFY CHAIR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    What about those not on the list Means? What should they expect?
    and as others have pointed out, should we expect anything, or should we use the same toolset for 2 more years, that we now have used for 2 years..
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Q - Fix for Parry/Riposte soon'ish?

Adding parry and riposte was tried 4 years ago with horrible results. It ended up making life harder for melee classes. If anything life will become easier for melee classes in the near future.
    While I can understand you will not try to add Parry/Riposte as they were originallt intended, have you considered following some of the many suggestions, suggesting to use these IP sink for other and new mechanics, so they at least have a use and a purpose?
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

well, and once again all euro-payers have to pay a way higher price for the addon. is it really that hard to calculate the exact price in euro? it really sucks, AO is freaking expensive even without paying a 1.5 times higher price than dollar payers.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by ZenWon View Post
    He says in the OP that things will become easier for melee players. That's advie love as far as I can tell? I do believe the 30% cap made it easier for advies also? Not like adventurers aren't a viable PvP class either. How many classes run around with acrobat, bio shield, high root resist, high NR and second best heals fighting on full def. They suffer a bit in the alpha department, but nothing worse than a lot of others, and it's mostly felt when they are running alone. It's definetly not bad when you factor in their defense which is probably one of the best, if not the best in game.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Love friday with Means.

Means, I live close to oscarsborg aswell ;P I'll buy the beer and you'll provide inside info and touch of marius?

sounds like a plan!
    Sauran 220 Solitus Doctor RK2
    Tehshade 220 Opifex Shade RK2
    Roycecat 150 Solitus Engineer RK2
    Poadrim 170 Trox Enforcer RK2

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast