Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 21, 2008

I'm excited for what's to come, but I do have one question... Why isn't the "Friday with Means" posted on the main AO site any more? I have been checking there first before I realized that they were posted in the Community Corner section. This is some exciting stuff that new players may want to read about and aren't familiar with the forums yet.

Keep up the great work Means.
    Snarfblatt
    President of Knights of Ka
    Site Admin of AOFroobs.com

Sweet, thanks for the update

Fear immunity sounds nice and I'm curious about the NCU cleanser too

I just wish I could log into game atm... Having massive packetloss/DCs
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Really disappointed that the graphics engine update isn't making it's promised appearance in 18.0

We'll see if I hold out until summer of '09, I'm getting fewer and fewer reasons to try and wait as time goes on.

Starting to wonder what I'll see first, the graphics update or the release of Duke Nukem Forever !
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

... /huggle Means
    woofwoof!

First of all... totally AWESOME post Means, you a whole internets!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Q - What can avid PVPers expect from 18.0?

PVP toolset updates and powerfull Xan Artifacts will ****e up pvp in 18.0.

These are some of the basics we are working to implement in 18.0 (Available for purchase from Ofab Vendors, NOT dependant on purchase of the booster.)

Agent - FP other's nanos
    Finally! Believe it or not, I was about to just give up on my TL7 agent... Way too much debuffs flying around in anything other than 1on1 pvp, only one viable Mimic, no real alpha, one team getting /godmode if they have an engineer with them (NERF docs with 7-specialblockers o.O can't even dent it...), etc. :\

Could you please give us any clues as to what nanos we will be allowed to FP? Do we get to FP:

a) Brand new nanos (IE that the 'real' profs can not use), made especially for agents?
    b) The other profs' nanos, that that will be coming with 18.0? IE the fear immunity, NCU cleanser, and stuff.
    c) Old RK nanos (like fixer NCU buffs/long HoTs, bureaucrat Speeches, adventurer wolf auras, engineer specialblockers)?
    d) SL or OFAB nanos, like doctor SL heals, higher adventurer morphs, engineer isochronical blockers, MP Sacrificial Shielding, soldier Augmented Mirror Shield?
    e) Mimic Keeper/Shade?
    f) New Mimics to be able to cast these new nanos, maybe with less nanoinit and cost debuffs?

Q - Have you at all considered making new maps for the Battlestation, given the enormous amount of time most TL7 players spend in it and since it is the only reliable easy to get to and take part in player vs player even of the entire game?

We will be looking into other pvp alternatives in the new year. Free for all arenas, team events etc. There is a great deal we can do to ****e this up...I'm looking forward to it. At all level ranges.
    ++, I'm very much looking forward to this along with the agent revamp. So little tower wars lately, and BS with the same scenario over and over, with the same ninjacapping VP farmers over and over, gets boring after a while.

Q - About pets. Mps are getting 2hr pets and what about crat? Pinetti will be still 30 minutes long? Better don't tell me your home adress, if the answer is yes.

Carlo will also be 2 hours. I live very near Oscarshall in Oslo. My dog is huge and not friendly. Better call first.
    Lmao..

--------------

Ibtk!
    ..and THIS, it made me laugh my ass off.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    You get paid points when you pay for a month or 12 hence long term subscribers have abunch of "free" paid points and they can use them to pay for part of the expansion and pay for the rest with cash...
    thats how it will work xD

Oh and why not only PP?
    Well then there wouldn't be any hardcore numbers for the economy department and some players would sorta get the booster "for free"

Paying at least 9.99 guarantees a cash flow to FC in "hard cash" and not only PP thats "kinda cash"
    Ah, i misunderstood Means, i thought you only had to pay 9.95$ for the booster, and that you would also recive 1000 paid points but no, it will set you back 1000 PP

Nice idea, sucks that i recently transferd 500 paid points to my chars for the halloween stuff =(

edit: You currently have 167 service points to spend. crap
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Are shades, soldiers, MPs and advies getting anything involving fears, or were they just not listed as an example?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Are shades, soldiers, MPs and advies getting anything involving fears, or were they just not listed as an example?
    I think Soldier's shouldn't be a nano, but rather an Item that can be resisted like a Nano.

Item: Barrel Attachment: Shotgun
    Unique Nodrop
    On use, will lock for x time and consume 1 Shotgun shell from your inventory
    Result will be the single target knockback.

Description can be it's just a compact shotgun mounted to the barrel of your weapon for use when things get tight.

TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Obviously MPs aren't mentioned so that no one will protest before the Double AS Tigress hits live!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Seems safe to assume that they were left out of the example. Could be that there were left out because the developers haven't figured out how to fit fear/knockback into that professions toolset.

Knock back for 1he Adventures seems straitforward, but on the other side of the coin you have Pistol Adventurers...so how do you make it fit?

MPs have The Rihwen which looks like he has a good throwing arm, but demons and floating balls don't look nearly that tough.

OK, throwing logic and reason out the window now. On behalf of Adventurers, MPs, Shades, and Soldiers, give us something to look forward to as well!

• Adventurer - ?
    • Agent - FP other's nanos
    • Crat - AOE Fears
    • Doctor - Fear Removal from Friendly Targets
    • Engineer - AOE Knockback Mines
    • Enforcer - Knockback Stun and Single Target Fears
    • Fixer - Fear Immunity - NCU Cleanser
    • Keeper - Fear Immunity Aura
    • Martial Artist - Single Target Fears
    • Meta-Physicist -
    • Nanotech - AOE Knockback
    • Shade - ?
    • Soldier - ?
    • Trader - Single Target Shotgun Knockback
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Btw i have some good news also O.o

Looking at Funcoms Q3 report and comparing it to the Q2 report i suspect that FC might actually be able to turn the current financial crisis around for Q4 landing on a over all profit after taxes for the full year of 2008, thats only a speculation tho but its the way its leaning atm, if the booster is out before the end of the year that might just be enough to push it over the top or if nothing else push FC in to a slightly bigger profit (no pressure on AO devs :P) ^_^
    FC is atm (september 30 so not really "atm" but.. as far as we know.. :P) on -3mil USD for the full year so far HOWEVER they went +3mil in Q3 alone so if that keeps up in Q4 they will end at about 0 or more, also to be noted is that the Q2 report was -7mil so thats quite a nice turn around only between those 2 quarters...
    Also FC have about 100mil USD in "cash" standing so they can survive a negative balance this year if there would be one...

And im guessing FC will do pretty good in 09 seeing how the economy is crashing.... yes it sounds stupid but more people get more "spare time" (to put it nicely) and 10bucks a month is still affordable even if your on welfare (for most, depending on where you live, also during a regression people are more pron to escape reality hence you can see a increase in drug-use, alcohol-use and *drummroll* gaming^^ )
    Now the normal game industries wont do as good tho seeing how 50 bucks spent one day is more then 10 bucks spent one day (even if the 50 bucks lasts a life time and the 10 bucks only a month, the students out there know what im talking about...)

Anyway enjoy!

Hope you people out there feel abit more secure in FCs, AOs and your toons future!

(Disclaimer: This of course is no indication of how AO is doing seeing how most of this is tanks to (and because of i might add) AoC... Only Means and FC know the future for AO itself but the company wont go belly up before summer 09 so im 99% confident that we will see the new engine ^_^)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Item: Barrel Attachment: Shotgun
    Unique Nodrop
    On use, will lock for x time and consume 1 Shotgun shell from your inventory
    Result will be the single target knockback.
    That's a great idea, I've been clamoring for the three useless barrles on sharks to get some use.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Actually if you see FC's projected Q4 earnings, they'll barely be able to keep up with overheads (if they're similar to Q3) by their own estimates so don't get your hopes up on that. I also suspect their Q4 earnings will be even less than they expect
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

You know, the reason the best option for payment on the new booster is half-n-half, might be because its been delayed. We've had paid points in the system since prior to 17.6 now. And that has got to have been nearly a year ago by now.

A quick look at my main account (and the only one I've physically bought paid points on) shows me at over 2K points at the moment. In addition to the 2000ish that have been transferred, and however many I spent on unlocking old content - I didn't pre-order Lost Eden, and arrived in game after Alien Invasion.

In this particular case, Funcom could have given me the expansion without seeing a cent, for it. 1000 points came from my annual re-sub, 700 from the birthday, and 300 from Gee, I don't really know. Leftovers from the ones I bought I guess. 300 points. 3 dollars.

In contrast, even my second account has nearly 2000 points on it. That one only transferred a very small amount in game, whatever the minimum was. Enough for a vehicle or two, nothing else. This particular account has no paid points on his payments page.

So yeah, I'm sure Sil very badly wanted to provide the option for the booster to be 'free', but this version of free was probably meant to come at a time when noone actually had a large volume of paid points, meaning we'd have to buy the points then spend them. Now we don't, too much time has passed, everyones got a lot of points and zippo to spend them on.

Still, think of it this way. If you had a subscribed account during the 7th anniversary, you've almost certainly got 1000 points to burn, of which you were gifted 700. Think of it as a 13 dollar booster.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Nov 21st, 2008 at 20:01:24.

Means 4tw!

Nice Friday with Means!

Bump for new BS maps. I'm glad those combined combined combined combined are not coming out.
    Instead of bringing Old Arrival Hall back just give new players a cool intro movie to the game, like a summary of the story and some action moves that will get them addicted to AO at first sight
    I'm glad ur getting some new solo content into the game!
    and i think you're doing a much better work than Silirrion! keep going Means ;D
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Actually if you see FC's projected Q4 earnings, they'll barely be able to keep up with overheads (if they're similar to Q3) by their own estimates so don't get your hopes up on that. I also suspect their Q4 earnings will be even less than they expect
    Uhu but as i ended with saying: They got deep pockets so they can take a loss this year, and then we will just have to wait and see what 09 brings but unless something unexpected happens 09 SHOULD produce a profit (lots of small games and stuff on the way)...

And for all we know Q4 might even bring more earnings then they expect...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

means 4TW! famine gets the rest =)

But honestly Means, u can't be that surprised that there are so many questions. Mostly Hardcore players left that really are interested what news to their lives AO brings and FC is not really known for it's public information management.

So great job of you to start changing that!
    Last edited by ninor; Nov 21st, 2008 at 20:21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    First of all... totally AWESOME post Means, you a whole internets!

Could you please give us any clues as to what nanos we will be allowed to FP? Do we get to FP:

a) Brand new nanos (IE that the 'real' profs can not use), made especially for agents?
    b) The other profs' nanos, that that will be coming with 18.0? IE the fear immunity, NCU cleanser, and stuff.
    c) Old RK nanos (like fixer NCU buffs/long HoTs, bureaucrat Speeches, adventurer wolf auras, engineer specialblockers)?
    d) SL or OFAB nanos, like doctor SL heals, higher adventurer morphs, engineer isochronical blockers, MP Sacrificial Shielding, soldier Augmented Mirror Shield?
    e) Mimic Keeper/Shade?
    f) New Mimics to be able to cast these new nanos, maybe with less nanoinit and cost debuffs?
    C D and possibly E ofcourse

Great job Means! Love the steps you've taken!

Kamikaze "Danibunkins" Advy
    Title Level: 7 AI Level: 19 Adventurer
    Proud General of Sentinels on Atlantean

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast