Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - November 14th, 2008

Friday With Means - November 14th, 2008

After a week largely wasted with a fantastic combined flu-food poisoning episode there is not a great deal of new activity on my end to share. It has not been a good two weeks. I am still dizzy...and not in a good way. Next time I am down in the south of Sweden we'll have to arrange some kind of meet up. It would be great to catch up with some of you in your own hometowns...sorry I missed the chance this time.

I think it is a great idea to have some kind of Q&A part of this weekly post...I'm hoping Famine will help me get it started. Please post your questions for next week in this thread...and I'll make sure we get it in.

The Booster:

Combined Combined Combined Combined is NOT part of the booster and never was. Please stop picketing my house...my dog doesn't like it. "Items in the DB rip are not necessarily part of the etc etc."

Items/Loot 100% in this booster will be deck slot item upgrades, Spirits and Symbiant upgrades. Many placeholders are already in place..and again should not be taken as the final versions until it is live. There will also be some "artifacts" of mysterious use...but no details on that yet. I also wouldn't want to spoil the surprise too much. Fear and Knockback pvp additions will be included in the VP vendors at the same time as the Booster...but will not be booster dependant for use. Profession specific pvp toolset additions are not going to be available only to those who purchase the booster.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to help us test the code aspect of the booster. Mighty Macrosun was able to nail down and fix several serious issues this week that we hope to ship to test dimensions early next week. Next week should also include the first playfield for testing "Neretva Canyon"...and hopefully more.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Colin "Means" Cragg
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Please post your questions for next week in this thread...and I'll make sure we get it in.
    Okies. I'll be the first one (did anyone doubt it?).

2 hour MP attack pets, when?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by klod View Post
    okies. I'll be the first one (did anyone doubt it?).

2 hour mp attack pets, when?
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Wow. Thanks.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

So are shades finally getting QL 280-300 Spirits?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Few questions. Some of them very much on peoples minds:

If the combined combined combined combined combined armour is not intended for the booster; was it intended for anything and if it was intended for anything; what was it intended for and was it ever meant to be obtained by players? Also if it wasnt intended for anything, why was it made at all? Seems like a gross misallocation of resources. Finally, since you know the playerbase grabs hold of the DB rip five minutes after it goes on testlive, was these items making it into a place where we can see them simply an accident?

Because if it was a joke, damn man. That's straight up twisted. A lot of people were in a panic. Now true, many of these folks need to re-adjust their priorities in life, but no reason to exploit the knee jerk reaction for giggles.

Personally I'd like to be able to completely forget about six-layer combined armour. Many of us would heave a great sigh of relief if we never encountered these armours again in any way shape or form. Although I was personally looking forward to changing my soldiers four pieces of QL300 CC into six-layer, to avoid hotswapping Nano/Combat huds. As they are not a right click hotswap, and thus vaguely irritating. And yes, I'd outlay up to 4 billion credits and 60 perk resets (30 up, 30 down) reset to avoid a vague inconvenience.
    Last edited by egadsrk2; Nov 14th, 2008 at 16:40:19.

Finally new FPable nanos for agents?

(I'm not gonna steal Lupus's question, we all know what it is )

Combined Combined Combined Combined is NOT part of the booster and never was. Please stop picketing my house...my dog doesn't like it. "Items in the DB rip are not necessarily part of the etc etc."
    Me likes the part about no quadruple Combined armors.

Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time Means!

Means: go to "Polet" and ask for "gammel dansk". It should fix your flu faster than you can say achoo, and it will scare you enough to never ever get sick again.

Veteran Canyon? O.o
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Veteran Canyon? O.o
    Wouldn't have gotten that one on my own. Your anagram powers are beyond all comprehension.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    So are shades finally getting QL 280-300 Spirits?
    Gief plz pritty plz
    Jick- teh cursed one
    Demonictus- da shade
    Frogy - shield gimp
    Kamehame - KUNGfriikingFU
    and many others....

Quote Originally Posted by Jick View Post
    Gief plz pritty plz
    Yeah, if they are finally putting in the spirits shades should have got 4 years ago I might actually have to dust off my TL7 shade.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

The Booster:

Its there in the DB. What are the plans with this armor? Is this a future booster pack? is this added to sector 42? will this be part of city raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaxis View Post
    Its there in the DB. What are the plans with this armor? Is this a future booster pack? is this added to sector 42? will this be part of city raiding?
    now that i think of it, with the insane stats... maybe this line of armor is something for testlive only. something people can use without having to resort to requesting a ToM buff.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Items/Loot 100% in this booster will be deck slot item upgrades, Spirits and Symbiant upgrades.
    Give DBrip alrdy!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Awesome to see some Q&A in the next upcoming fridays!

My questions:

- I'm really looking forward to the playfields but will they require the same amount of organisation (regarding gathering people) as the DB quests and instances?
    Because currently it is very very hard to gather people to do the things you need. Examples are DB quests, Instances, apfs, etc.

- Is there any eta on the engine and how is it progressing?
    Sorry for asking this over and over but I'm just very excited about this

- Will the booster include more than new content? Or is this booster mainly focused on the new playfields?
    Would be awesome if there were more perks, lvls to gain!

- Enforcer specific (sorry folks ), will you be looking into the blunt perklines in the near future?
    Many enforcers would LOVE to see something like that happening because everyone being 2he gets so boring. It's by far the best option and with all the new hp added even 2he perks aren't that effective anymore.

That's all I can think of right now..
    Last edited by Harios; Nov 14th, 2008 at 17:30:34.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

I was hoping 3xCombined would make it, free from changing armor back anf forward just to buff the pets with the evul nanos.. The curent deck stuffs/NCUs from DB rip, doesnt seem that interesting imo, but hope the new symb/spirits will be more interesting.
    But, any idea yet how much the booster will cost? And will all the new instances/playfields and its loot be requiring to have the booster pack to enter/use?
    And Means, whats up with all your ducks? Preparing for the ducks to conquer the world? At least several on "Friday with Means" on main site. Guess we'll be seeing more of them
    [size=-2]
    Engesis TL 7 Engineer
    Engisis LVL 150 MA
    Yours TL 5 Adventurer

Petition to get QL 300 towers in game

Still am wondering about global research. So please Famine, take it into the Q&A for next week ;9

Oh and hope you get better soon Means...

Uhm.

From what I recall, boosterpacks weren't supposed to make people stronger than those who only went for expansions.

Hence the hoverboards and hoverbikes and such and the veteran shop.

All were meant not to imbalance the gameplay.

Now you say some of the better goods will only be available through boosterpacks?

Not whining, just surprised of the change of attitude towards boosterpacks.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast