Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LLTS/ELLTS Should be bossloot.

Lightbulb LLTS/ELLTS Should be bossloot.

OK. Funcom is suposed to be trying to balance PvP out and make it more avalible to the average player. One of the things they did to try an achieve this was by Making LLTSs no longer availible so as to make Critical hits less important. This all sounds good until you take into account they did not delete the old ones. These (while still very, very important for most classes) are WAY above the price range of most people in AO. We don't have 200 mil just sitting around. This makes PvP mostly for the very lucky and rich people buying creds on Ebay. Do i think they should be removed? NO. They just need to be added to boss loot. Mabey 1/50 drop. This would keep a small influx of them coming in which would keep the prices out of the 150-250 mil range. You should only have to be smart, not rich to have a good PvP player.

Rookie Kaioshin. 102 MA

"....And bring your urine Meatwad..." -Inignot

what does everyone think?

Everyone please let me know what you think. if you agree please Post it here so Funcom might pay attention.

I think this might actually be a good idea. Once the negative hit to inits is put on on weapon recharge, the LLTS will not necessarily be so overpowering.

This would be an opportunity for FunCom to address a mistake they made in taking something out of the game without deleting the existing items.

Talking Sounds fine...

It sounds fine to me, as long as they make ALL XLLTS / LLTS NO DROP.

Just my 2 credits,
    -Dono
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

I think, as a matter of design philosophy, that LLTSes (and other "old" items like FA 3927s) should either be just as available as before, or else be removed from existing player inventories when removed from the drop tables. "Old" items that no longer drop in the game but still exist in some quantity are disruptive to the game economy.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Yup.. please make the old FA's be avaible again and also yea... a MKIII version of the sun Dead in a sec gun
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Yup.. please make the old FA's be avaible again and also yea... a MKIII version of the sun Dead in a sec gun
    Or take the still-existing ones out of player inventories The old sunbursts should probably go the way of the dodo, but LLTSes and FA 3927s should be restored.

Anything that's a rare drop is valuable, anything that is no longer available at all is essentially priceless. Given the messed-up state of the economy, messing it up more is a little silly. These types of items dramatically widen the gap between the 'haves' and the 'have-nots' on the game. LLTSes are particularly tricky in this regard, because the high crit chance on them doesn't just affect PvP, but also the basis of viability for several weapons, like ithacas and krutts, for PvM. Despite the shortage of viable weapons, FC removed the LLTS and made an entire class of weapons (crit-or-die weapons) non-viable for the bulk of the playerbase.

As for the FAs, you had to put IP in four skills to use them and their damage/speed stats as QL increases are really nothing to write home about. Their only sin, it seemed, was to be a pistol with reasonable wield/multiwield requirements that was very good at low levels.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Just so nobody misunderstands. The only reason I said they should go back in general circulation is because it has been said that the negative hit from them to init is going to affect recharge in an upcoming patch.

I've always been a firm believer in trade-offs and hard choices in a RPG. Prior to this change, if you had a 1s recharge weapon and you put on a scope with -1500 to ranged init, you got the 15% Crit Chance but your weapons recharge was still 1s. I was fine with the way recharge stayed the same. (Hell, I was fine with the whole situation, *mumbles something about dueling PvP'ers affecting PvM again), but if the Scopes were deemed imbalancing and 'bad' for the game then they should have just disappeared like my left bracer did.

Now, with the init change, I don't see the LLTS being so overpowering anymore. You're gonna hit like a snail, abeit very spectacularly quite often. The init change is going to 'balance' the LLTS to such a degree that I think it would be 'fair' to the general and new populace to be able to try out some of the weapon/scope combinations that only those uber-rich in uber-guilds are now privy to.

Something about a level playing field.

And I got a mess of old Freedom Arms and they ain't ALL that compared to some of the new guns.

With the fix to init recharge going in, I suspect that LLTS's will no longer be overpowered.

They'd make good boss loot. Powerful, but not vital.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

They should just put the new scopes ql400 in game
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Just be sure to nerf divest/plunder around the same time the init recharge "fix" goes into effect. Leave no stone unturned.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Sounds good to me... finally someone who's not crying for a nerf

Instead of crying out for more nerfs why dont you cry out for ql 400 VE's instead.

I dont like VEs. They make my crappy ma heals even slower. I would rather just have llts reinstated. Also as for the Init fix, i keep my psy init high enough to keep my fists hitting at max speed (with scope modifers), it won't affect my char at all.

/me thinks people should not whine about nerfs. It isn't going to help. Trying being construtive and make a realistic argument in a thread about the topic.

I agree... boss loot!!!! Something is NOT overpowering if everyone has one. Whats so overpowering if I have a 15% scope on, and so does the person im fighting? Something is only overpowering if only one class has something, that another cant. Like ransack/plunders or something.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Sorry...this isnt going to work

If the init stat starts doing negative effects to recharge it will doom all soldiers or anyone using weapons that are already slow.

I use a ql 196 ELLTS

I tried a new set of imps (for fun) last night. Every slot I could find (apart from faded right hand), was geared towards atk rating and init. To top it off I added every damn item I could find for init (2x Kevlar pads, Nomad jubilee chest, Avangelina Terrigena cloak).

I then proceeded to buff up and went too see what I could do in a mission.

First of all I was reduced to a "Reflective field" shield and TMS MK VI without mp buffs. I proceeded to get 5 mochs to be able to cast the most useful of my nanos, including RRFE and OS. Juggling buffs is a major pain, but I thought "hey, I finally reached 1k+ atk rating".

My crits increased by 150-200 or so. My init (with OS and everything else thats good running) is now all of 88!. The Nova is just about the fastest thing I can equip and it isnt close to the really fast guns out there. And let take the recent favourite of soldiers... a CHS, 2.5 sec is tough enough already. With additional penalties I`d be firing once every blue moon.

I am going back to "normal" imps, but I may change some of them towards atk.... Still, should the scopes start affecting recharge negatively it will mean the death of all scopes.

Bring back 100% dmg.... bring back the nerves!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

So stop using scopes with slow weapons like the CHS. Put on a TIM scope.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Lol Kiry

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    So stop using scopes with slow weapons like the CHS. Put on a TIM scope.

Only when how crits are calculated changes. Since a CHS = low atk rating compared to a Nova/IEC combo you need every little chance at getting a crit you can get.
    MoP and TTS are all nice if you have someone close who can do them for you, but a soldier on his own with TIM scope and a CHS.... lol!

One debuff and any chance to crit at all is gone. meanwhile the trader, enf or ma has 1100+ atk.... and crits the living daylights out of you in a moment.

Tried it and since our evades are low, our atk rating is dismal at best...it simply doesnt work.

Only chance is to KS someone who is already in a fight in 2HO or similar.
    Legion
    Beartwo

Well, the LLTS is going to give you negative inits (perhaps as early as 14.6) so you best start thinking if you want to use it with a really slow recharge.

You might crit every third shot. But, it's going to take you 20 seconds to get three shots off.

I wont get negative init

the scope is -784. and my init is higher than that.

And I would like to know where this info is from....
    Legion
    Beartwo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast