Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - November 14th, 2008

First of all ai raids are not the only way to get combined.
    Second - make solo spawns.

not talking bout combined talking about gloves for example. But youre right Advy's are fine in pvm but we need something new for pvp.

There is only one question on my mind.

What is your estimate for the graphic engine update? Give us something like "Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 2009 is my best target I can give you"

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    Q1:
    Will shades get QL300 Spirits?

Q4:
    When will AO get translated into other languages(German, etc.) like AOC?

Q6:
    Any chance for a server located in europe, RK3 for example?
    You wont likely get an answer from them to those, but I can give you one: No and never. Would be a total waste of time and money, considering the ever shrinking playerbase on RK3. I think there are much more german speaking people playing on RK1 and 2 combined than on RK3. Come on over and join us.
    ಠ_ಠ

I would like to know what is planned for the Enforcer's 1hb and 2hb perklines and if they ever will be fixed/reworked, taken from Enforcer wish list:

For 1hb

"At the moment, landing the perk "Devastating Blow" in PvM is very hard since it requires the target to be stunned by the stun from "Bring the Pain". The problem is, due to the high number of stun resistant, or stun-immune mobs, actually landing the stun is hard enough. It would be good if either the requirement could be changed to "affected by bring the pain", or if we could use devastating blow off any stun. There is also the further issue that Devastating Blow recharges faster than Bring the Pain, the perk it requires in order to execute. Lowering the recharge on Bring the Pain to the same as Devastating Blow would rectify this"

For 2hb

"Many enforcers feel that they should be blunt-users, however with 2hb weapons already being slow, having 2hb perks which are a lot less powerful than the 2he perks doesn't help the appeal of the weapon line, and doesn't make up for the aesthetic bonuses.

Within the 2hb line there are only 3 DD perks; the fourth perk (Hammer and Anvil) offers only a small increase in damage; however as 2hb weapons are the slowest in the game, they benefit the least from +dmg. When compared to perks like Energise (does more damage with fewer perks invested, and is useable with any ranged weapon) and Reinforce Slugs (A similiar perk, but one which offers much more +dmg, which fast dual-wielded weapons like SMGs benefit from a lot more) the perk just feels out of place. We feel that the weapons should be powerful of their own accord, and that Hammer and Anvil would benefit either to have the buffs scaled up hugely, or to be outright replaced as part of a comprehensive re-design of the Bone Crusher perks. Aside from Hammer and Anvil, the 2hb perks have much lower DD/debuff potential than any of their other melee equivalents.

Overall Bone Crusher is probably the weakest weapon-perkline in the game. It only adds to 2hb, with no buffs to secondary weapon skills; adding a small buff (50 points or so) to brawl as part of this line would seem appropriate. Furthermore a +dmg perk is out of place in a line for big slow weapons, either scale the size of the buffs up by quite a bit, or replace the perk with a true dd perks. Lastly the other DD perks simply cannot match the DD perks from other lines; for comparison at 2000 points of skill Seismic Smash (90s recharge) does approximately 3K damage, Ribbon Flesh (50s recharge) does 3.5K damage, and Slice and Dice (80s Recharge) does 5K damage. Over time, the fact that the weapons are slow, the perks recharge slower and do less damage really means that 2hb cannot come close to matching the damage potential of 2he. Even 1hb with the end-perks which are more-or-less unuseable in PvM does more damage just through hitting faster and more often."

So yeah if anything, give Enforcer's some 2hb love, our ofab chest has a ton of 2hb but what the hell was the point? 2hb isn't practical, make it practical.

First of all bump for most of what Ruby said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyzero View Post
    There is also the further issue that Devastating Blow recharges faster than Bring the Pain, the perk it requires in order to execute. Lowering the recharge on Bring the Pain to the same as Devastating Blow would rectify this.
    This part I can clear up for you though, most perks that require other perks to run recharge faster than the perk they require. That's so you are kinda forced to work together with other enfs if you want to maximize on DD, by reacting to their Bring the Pain. Agents for example have a perk called Soften Up, 2 min recharge, which is required to launch Pinpoint Strike, which is on a 1 min recharge. We also have Armor Piercing Shot (60s) and Find the Flaw (45s, reqs APS). I'm sure there are other perks like it.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Talking New Expension

wtb new expension...not only a measly "boster pack"

seriously ill cough the euros u just develop me an expension...hmm on second thought make it like shadowlands... LE kind of sucked

Originally Posted by Cephus at AOUniverse
    I look at WoW as the crap-filter of the MMO world. It attracts all the idiots and lets the rest of us play in relative peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorddarcek View Post
    ...hmm on second thought make it like shadowlands... LE kind of sucked
    There's never been a more clear sign that someone wasn't around in the year after SL launched...
    Last edited by Keldros; Nov 16th, 2008 at 14:36:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyzero View Post
    I would like to know what is planned for the Enforcer's 1hb and 2hb perklines and if they ever will be fixed/reworked, taken from Enforcer wish list:

For 1hb

"At the moment, landing the perk "Devastating Blow" in PvM is very hard since it requires the target to be stunned by the stun from "Bring the Pain". The problem is, due to the high number of stun resistant, or stun-immune mobs, actually landing the stun is hard enough. It would be good if either the requirement could be changed to "affected by bring the pain", or if we could use devastating blow off any stun. There is also the further issue that Devastating Blow recharges faster than Bring the Pain, the perk it requires in order to execute. Lowering the recharge on Bring the Pain to the same as Devastating Blow would rectify this"

For 2hb

"Many enforcers feel that they should be blunt-users, however with 2hb weapons already being slow, having 2hb perks which are a lot less powerful than the 2he perks doesn't help the appeal of the weapon line, and doesn't make up for the aesthetic bonuses.

Within the 2hb line there are only 3 DD perks; the fourth perk (Hammer and Anvil) offers only a small increase in damage; however as 2hb weapons are the slowest in the game, they benefit the least from +dmg. When compared to perks like Energise (does more damage with fewer perks invested, and is useable with any ranged weapon) and Reinforce Slugs (A similiar perk, but one which offers much more +dmg, which fast dual-wielded weapons like SMGs benefit from a lot more) the perk just feels out of place. We feel that the weapons should be powerful of their own accord, and that Hammer and Anvil would benefit either to have the buffs scaled up hugely, or to be outright replaced as part of a comprehensive re-design of the Bone Crusher perks. Aside from Hammer and Anvil, the 2hb perks have much lower DD/debuff potential than any of their other melee equivalents.

Overall Bone Crusher is probably the weakest weapon-perkline in the game. It only adds to 2hb, with no buffs to secondary weapon skills; adding a small buff (50 points or so) to brawl as part of this line would seem appropriate. Furthermore a +dmg perk is out of place in a line for big slow weapons, either scale the size of the buffs up by quite a bit, or replace the perk with a true dd perks. Lastly the other DD perks simply cannot match the DD perks from other lines; for comparison at 2000 points of skill Seismic Smash (90s recharge) does approximately 3K damage, Ribbon Flesh (50s recharge) does 3.5K damage, and Slice and Dice (80s Recharge) does 5K damage. Over time, the fact that the weapons are slow, the perks recharge slower and do less damage really means that 2hb cannot come close to matching the damage potential of 2he. Even 1hb with the end-perks which are more-or-less unuseable in PvM does more damage just through hitting faster and more often."

So yeah if anything, give Enforcer's some 2hb love, our ofab chest has a ton of 2hb but what the hell was the point? 2hb isn't practical, make it practical.
    Yes, I think many enforcers would love to see something happening.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    No that's just your opinion. ConC works off the attack mod just like the other champion lines.
    It is not my opinion only. Check the whole CoNC discussion thread, before you start to spew out things like this. And if you wanna discuss this issue further, please do it there, not here.

Uh, I wish forums had FuT.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Is it possible to implement an option where a sound plays anytime we get a /tell ? Sometimes I'm not paying attention or in the other room and it would be nice to hear a sound if I get a tell.
    Last edited by Killrmeta; Nov 16th, 2008 at 20:05:37.
    Killrmeta
    Veteran of Synergy Factor
    lvl 220!!!!11one MP Diety - Player since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Killrmeta View Post
    Is it possible to implement an option where a sound plays anytime we get a /tell ? Sometimes I'm not paying attention or in the other room and it would be nice to hear a sound if I get a tell.
    Most Inspired post
    Wtb Messenger style chat and Video chat lol

/seconded on enforcer perk reworking.

And give me a piercing line while youre at it.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

The only question(s) I have is related to the booster pack...

When you speak of these new playfields I am slightly "confused" as to what they will contain and how they will function.

Are we looking at 5 instanced playfields that are of an endgame quality?
    Perhaps it is 5 instanced playfields over the entire spectrum over title levels?
    Or are we talking free, open playfields like the Shadowlands, where you progress through them as you level?
    Could it be the same as above, but more like Rubi-Ka where you aren't "forced" through a funnel and each zone doesn't necessarily cater to one particular level range?

In the end, I hope the boosterpack will not be like most of the content we have received since LE and not focus entirely on endgame instances.. But that's just me, and I'm an altoholic that can't seem to get off my arse and decide on one single alt to level "properly"
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    There is only one question on my mind.

What is your estimate for the graphic engine update? Give us something like "Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 2009 is my best target I can give you"

You wont likely get an answer from them to those, but I can give you one: No and never. Would be a total waste of time and money, considering the ever shrinking playerbase on RK3. I think there are much more german speaking people playing on RK1 and 2 combined than on RK3. Come on over and join us.
    Well I meant to put a server in europe because of the ping times. I just installed a trial version of Tabula Rasa and have 20ms ping there. Something similar to that - 50ms~ would be ok too - would be nice. And don't forget, Funcom has many empty servesr from AoC now. SCNR

But you remined me of another question.
    Q7: Chartransfer, when?
    Last edited by SoldiTwo; Nov 17th, 2008 at 06:17:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    In the end, I hope the boosterpack will not be like most of the content we have received since LE and not focus entirely on endgame instances.. But that's just me, and I'm an altoholic that can't seem to get off my arse and decide on one single alt to level "properly"
    Research, weapons, armor, hud 3, mechs, S10, tara, ... All this isn't end game only.
    blah

"Target out of range" issue...
    There are lots of interesting issues I'd like to ask about, but this one issue is what is keeping me from playing my main character, that I have put countless of hours (in-game months) and love into.
    While my ranged doc is rarely affected by it simply due to being ranged, which is even a huge benefit to start with, it is completely devastating to a melee toon.

Q1.1 Most important:
    --> Do you (FC) recognize just how much this affects the performance of melee professions, compared to ranged professions?

Q1.2 Is the issue being actively worked on?
    Q1.3 Have you nailed down the cause(s) for it?
    Q1.4 You know how to get rid of the issue, or at least make it bearable and is it something that you can actually do?
    Q1.5 ETA

I recognize there is likely no easy/simple answer to this issue, but this is the single most annoying issue in AO to me, since it keeps me from enjoying playing the toon I'd put by far most time and love into, and which I'd prefer to play any day.
    So... Essentially to me it is a game breaking issue. I've gotten by so far by playing alts, but that'll only last so long. I've never been a great fan of playing alts.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Research, weapons, armor, hud 3, mechs, S10, tara, ... All this isn't end game only.
    Research, weapons, armor, hud 3 and mechs... all items which could be gotten from no new PFs/instances/nanos
    S10, I will give you that one. It was a breath of fresh air.
    Tara, perhaps on RK2/3
    In addition I guess they revamped SoM to a more sane level, new items and proper drop rates

All I'm saying is, there's new content/encounters/raid/instances for endgame in almost all patches, and I do get focusing on the established playerbase and somehow keeping them around with something to do.. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep the new players and alts of veterans "occupied" with something beyond trains in totw, trains in foreman and trains in S10

Just my personal opinion, as I said I'm an altoholic
    Last edited by Quilluck; Nov 17th, 2008 at 10:19:11.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    -snip-
    Just my personal opinion, as I said I'm an altoholic
    Hai! ^_^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Item Database

With aomainframe.info now gone, we can only rely on auno.org for the moment. If the latter would also cease functioning tomorrow, then, as a game so heavily item dependent, AO is as good as gone also...

QUESTION: when will AO finally create a web-based live items database?

No need to do much work, just take over auno.org and compensate him for his efforts.
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    Item Database

With aomainframe.info now gone, we can only rely on auno.org for the moment. If the latter would also cease functioning tomorrow, then, as a game so heavily item dependent, AO is as good as gone also...

QUESTION: when will AO finally create a web-based live items database?

No need to do much work, just take over auno.org and compensate him for his efforts.
    /signed
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast