Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - November 14th, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    (the pirate stuff, that almost everyone missed)
    ??? WHAT pirate stuff???
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by tiralee View Post
    Answers will be next week:
    Whoops, guess I missed that part.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    ??? WHAT pirate stuff???
    Exactly. On "talk like a pirate day", there was a small event announced on the client that happened at specified times on each server, but if you were not online & in the correct location when it happened, you never heard anything else about it.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Fear and Knockback pvp additions will be included in the VP vendors at the same time as the Booster...but will not be booster dependant for use. Profession specific pvp toolset additions are not going to be available only to those who purchase the booster
    Does this mean that with 18.0 each profession will gain an addition to their pvp toolset?

Will these be in the form of perks, items, and/or nanos?

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    PvP:
    Will we ever be able to PvP guild vs. guild instead of zerg vs. zerg in Notum Wars?
    Won't work, the easy cheat: Temp invite to guild, then join the zerg,
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Q: Do you consider 1hb perks broken, underpowered or just fine?

Q: Do you see any problems with the current sided SB's and OS in tower wars?

Q: Is not having to perk ai tech to use alien gear completely out of the question as a reward for ai30?
    Last edited by lugoman; Nov 15th, 2008 at 18:33:18.

Q1: Instanced Pande - when?
    Q2: Carlo on 2h timer too?
    Q3: Decon removing ALL debuffs(ubt/roots/drains) - yes/no, if yes - when?
    Q4: Out-of-fight ALL debuffs(ubt/roots/drains) remover from pets - yes/no, if yes-when?

Thanks, im sure alot of us appreciate the dialogs
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    rofl I don't even play a MP, but thanks for shutting Klod up..
    ROFL.... That was my first thought also....

Actually.... "Wow, he almost became speechless" was my first thought
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Dear Means,

Will my fixer ever have a decent pvp weapon option, or should I just stop playing her?

Thanks,
    Threeze
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer

Please answer these questions, at least some of them, many players are waiting for the answer:

- Pandemonium instance, when?
    - Old entrance hall back to game, yes or no?
    - Old PvP titles will be active again soon?
    - How is the new engine update going and will it be released in the first half of 2009 or second?

Hope we see the answers for these questions
    Hope you get better quickly Means
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    rofl I don't even play a MP, but thanks for shutting Klod up..
    You know, there still that double AS Tigress issue...
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Q1:
    Will shades get QL300 Spirits?

Q2:
    Any chance that shades get increased healdelta while in sneak?

Q3:
    How many people do actually work on ao? (ppl with at least 15 hours a week)

Q4:
    When will AO get translated into other languages(German, etc.) like AOC?

Q5:
    Are the playfields from the Boosterpack only like AIPF Dust or are there also real playfields like the shadowlands?

Q6:
    Any chance for a server located in europe, RK3 for example?

I currently only have one question:

When can I preorder?
    Because Race Yalm

Will this boosterpack reveal anything about how we can open the chest in CoH? If not, is there a way already?

Sorry, had to

That which doesn't kill you makes you puke the rainbow. WB Means.

Love the concept of heading down to Sweden. Only in Norway. Or Finland, I guess. Would it be more around or down from Greenland...

I think the DB should include more absurd items, some of which get stealthed into Live... or are the result of new and obscure [though sort of logical - like pearls of ichor and mantis parts yeilding laminate armor] combinations of old things. Then others could just stay in the DB as a joke.

Here's a question for next week - will the game design be re-balanced during the graphics update? Old AO was razor sharp balance where a slight skill advantage could have profound implications for your success or failure. With the release of SL that balance seems to have been deliberately reduced and replaced with an items-based balance... the result of which has been inflation of end-game stat-affecting items. Will this trend continue or might it be changed with the graphics update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

fixer pvp balance
    when?

1. Will symbs be upgraded with some abilities/skills selected by player or it'll be pre-determined profession sets of symbs like Syndicate ones (at least support profession ones were a big failure).

2. Will we see damage on remodulators raised to be on par with MP staves (MP staves were 1-1(1) originally and share same train with remodulators - you can't wield any other weapon effectively if you're specced into wearing remod).

3. Will pet professions get some kind of debuff removal/resist items for their pets?
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Any actions planned to remedy the tl7 NW situation and huge imbalance in numbers? (on rk1)

Clan
    TL7: 77

Omni
    TL7: 109

That's the situation now at 9 am gmt+1 and it's usually alot worse earlier, not counting omnineuts either. Sometimes omnis outnumber clan 2:1. It does swing back and forth and sometimes clan macth or even outnumber omnis. But usually clan is heavily outnumbered.

So. Since clan are supposed to have superior numbers, after all that is the RP explenation why omnis get better tools/items could we perhaps make some sorta change so that clan doesn't have to be inferior in numbers AND items? Alot of ppl are getting rather tired of this, and it's why they basically quit tl7 NW altogether.
    Last edited by Noobius76; Nov 15th, 2008 at 08:58:20.

Next week should also include the first playfield for testing "Neretva Canyon"...and hopefully more.
    You or one of your developers been to Croatia/Bosnia lately ?
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Nov 15th, 2008 at 10:25:20.

By now there are many players who have reached ai30 on their main toon. And while you are designing some new alien playfields that I'm very thrilled to see and that I'm sure will all have their own challenges it is kinda frustration bashing through hordes of aliens while not being able to recieve any axp of them. So my question is: Would you consider expanding the obtainable alien levels? Imo it made raiding new playfields much more exciting if with any release of new (alien) ones the maximum of obtainable alien levels for players would by increased by some (few, like 3) more levels...

Also I'd very much like an answer on Harios's question about blunt perks also
    Tradition isn't about digging in the ashes - it means passing on the fire.

Polarbaer with his crappy stuff

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast