Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday With Means - November 14th, 2008

Will the booster pack have new personal/global research goals?
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Personally I'd like to hear what progress we'll see towards guild play.

PvP:
    Will we ever be able to PvP guild vs. guild instead of zerg vs. zerg in Notum Wars?

PvM:
    Will there be new playfiels a la Pandemonium/Sector 42, which will provide guilds (and hopefully not bots) with encounters that need a higher level of organisation/skill than your average APF/DB instance pick-up-team?
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Q:

If you came to Philadelphia would you come visit me to view my Powerpoint Presentation on Roleplaying's Significance to the future of Anarchy-Online?

TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

All I have to say is, stay the heck away from my Gammel Dansk, its not for sale!

But since you might fix the orbital strikes so I might participate in something called tower wars, I will how ever share a few on Sunday with you. And yes, it will cure you...of a few things
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

If we get guild based PvP I'll ship a bottle of "Gammel Dansk" to FC HQ free of charge
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Finally this day is approaching. Long have shades been waiting for spirits and now we finally get the chance for new ones. I'm really curious as to what take that you're going to do about improving spirits. If the trend follows the same traits as the past, then it will be that we get slightly more AAO/AAD but everyone else gets more. There are a lot of shades that have been waiting for this than even longer than me. I just would like to know in what way you're planning on implementing them and what they will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    (please update the patcher it really is insane to download something for days then patch for days - Many new user experiences sound like that)
    Downloaded the full AO from their website <1 month ago. It was current to 17.9.1 - Just 30 seconds of patching and I was good to go.

Whee new symbiants and spirits is definitely a nice thing, it'll be fun having to reperk and stuff again but it should be worth it.
    Solidstriker 220 Soldier- Pewpew Galore | Markerz 220 Engineer- Widowmaker
    Speedyadvy 165 Adventurer- PvP Gimp | Cruellia 164 Bureaucrat - Puppies!
    Nerf 219 Agent - From the Shadows | Swishswash 157 Fixer - Vector Tap
    Northaurora 85 Nano-Technician - Shimmering Light

"Footlight" Agent
    "Weasel" Fixer
    "Hound" Shade
    "Universe" Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    PvP:
    Will we ever be able to PvP guild vs. guild instead of zerg vs. zerg in Notum Wars?
    It -would- be nice to have a BS-like system with reservable slots so that, if you were willing to wait, you could have sides made up of people you picked/waited for. BS is too random for paired matches like that right now.

Means:

Is there any plans to look into make a more user friendly starting backyard to retain people whom join with the game engine improvement?
    Proudly Serving Omni-Tek since Beta 4, June 2001

Pelican 220 / 18 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Eleetthief 220 / 18 Opifex Fixer
    Pelf 202 / 5 Solitus Trader
    Eleetist 112 / 0 Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Will the booster pack have new personal/global research goals?
    ditto that
    Proudly Serving Omni-Tek since Beta 4, June 2001

Pelican 220 / 18 Opifex Bureaucrat
    Eleetthief 220 / 18 Opifex Fixer
    Pelf 202 / 5 Solitus Trader
    Eleetist 112 / 0 Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Renaissance

You know what I'm noticing...A LOT of questions, and NO answers. Hopefully some will get answered before the list gets dreadfully long.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Okies. I'll be the first one (did anyone doubt it?).

2 hour MP attack pets, when?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    how about carlo..? Can we cut cast time by 10 seconds and make him last longer (an extra 30 minutes..) Most lawyers get paid by the hour... don't they?
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

Getting answered next week, i persume the best questions anyhow
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

rofl I don't even play a MP, but thanks for shutting Klod up..

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    You know what I'm noticing...A LOT of questions, and NO answers. Hopefully some will get answered before the list gets dreadfully long.
    Answers will be next week:

I think it is a great idea to have some kind of Q&A part of this weekly post...I'm hoping Famine will help me get it started. Please post your questions for next week in this thread...and I'll make sure we get it in.

Nobody seems to care about the graphics engine anymore...

I do kind of miss the old startup to the game, with original Museum & the crash...

Serious Questions:

1/ Will we be able to order the booster pack early & if so, will there be a 'reward' for doing so?

2/ Can we expect to be have fr00b Org Members allowed into our HQs, so we can actualy use the lovely meeting rooms for their intended purpose. Rather than paying millions of creds upkeep for a building we either have to ostrosize our fr00b members to use or have it sit there unused.

3/ Why is this content coming out as a 'booster' & not as a normal 'update'? Is it just for a quick cash injection or is the content realy worth the extra cash?

4/ How much will this booster pack cost?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Can the missing "Friday with Means" articles be added to the Community News & also the front page of the main site please?

Can it include some new images/screenshots?

Also, can you guys make up some PR (i.e.: ad changes for the sites that are already posting AO ads, interviews about the event, maybe an authorized banner or two for us to include in our signatures on other sites, etc.), for this booster release (& future special events), well before it happens, so that it can get some recognition please? The 7th Anniversary & Halloween were not promoted enough to help bring in new players, much less old ones. Some sites didn't even mention the 7th Anniversary until after the fact, (example: Belated Birthday posted after the festivities were over) while others did not mention it at all. Even games I have never heard of are sending out press releases up to a month in advance of when they have some sort of festivities going on. Just announcing on the client that a special even is going to start "tomorrow" (Halloween) or "on Friday" (the pirate stuff, that almost everyone missed) is just not enough notice.

I'm sure there are many players that would be more than happy to help get the word out for special events if you guys would authorize something for us to use. After all, we want more people to team up with as much as you guys want more subscribers.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Nov 14th, 2008 at 21:45:35.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast