Thread: Broken Implant Combinations -- LIST HERE

Broken Implant Combinations -- LIST HERE

Lets make it easy on the dev team.

If you find an implant that 1: doesnt combine that should 2: Combines, but gives an unexpected item, or 3: doesnt uncombined and should... post it here.

This way, the devs have 1 spot to look, and can tweak the items that need it:-).

Make sure to include 1: the implant, ql, any already installed clusters or mods... 2: the cluster you tried to install, and 3: the result.

OK, here are my results with legs:

QL200 Leg with Bright Evade and Faded Life. Creates a QL202 Ear implant with 3 clusters installed.

So far the creation of a QL200 Leg with those clusters is the only combo that produced another item. All other QL Legs I have tried with bright Evade and Faded Life clusters have failed to combine the second cluster, no matter what order they are assembled in.

As a workaround for those who must have that evade and life cluster, if you install the life, then a shining nimbleness, the evade goes in normally, and you get a good implant.
    Nivenyrral Lvl 200 Omni Engineer
    General and Retired President of the Band of Brothers

QL70 Right-Wrist implant using the following clusters:

Shining Parrying
    Bright Nanite Resist
    Faded Ambidexterity

Parrying and Nanite Resist will go in, but then Abidexterity won't. Conversely, Nanite Resist and Ambidexterity will go in, but then Parrying won't.

QL50, 70, and 90 Leg implant using the following clusters:

Shining Nimbleness
    Bright Endurance
    Faded Sprinting

Nimbleness and Endurance will go in, but then Sprinting won't. Conversely, Sprinting and Endurance will go in, but then Nimbleness then won't.

That's all I've found so far. It seems like some clusters are conflicting since 14.5 that never used to. Also, it never under any condition gives any kind of error message.

EDIT:

Nivenyrral, that's some messed up stuff, right there....

1. I bought 2 nanoclusters and a ql20 head implant.
    2. I inserted one of the nanoclusters.
    3. I tried to insert the second cluster but got an error message saying I didnt have enough np skill.
    4. I raised my skill.
    5. I tried to insert the cluster and got no error message and no result.
    6. I zoned and tried again and got no error message and no result.
    7. I gave the implant/cluster to someone else for them to try and they got no error message and no result.
    8. I bought a new head implant and the nanocluster went in.
    9. Ultimately, I spent credits on and lost: one nanocluster and one head implant.

Luckily for me these were ql20 imps and clusters and not something higher and more expensive. This is a real problem. I can see how this can get very ugly for alot of ppl. I hope they fix it real soon.

I will edit my post with the cluster names after I log in, but the problem seemed to be the ql20 head implant.
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Arrow

If you find a combination that returns a ql200-205 Ear imp with shining ncu and faded psymod, let me know

When they fix this, it would be nice if they could go and change pharmatech for the build requirement of the jobe imps. When we said we wanted to do more with tradeskills, we meant more things to do. Not do the same things a different way.

I hope making dodge/evade/life legs aren't messed up. Thats real common for people after breed caps.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Any ql right hand implant with:

Shining Weapon Knowledge
    Bright E=MC^2
    Faded Bursting

Will turn into a same ql Jobe-made Leg Implant with

Bright Radiation Reflection
    Faded Stamina

This happened at ql50, then later with ql90 and ql125... total of about 400k credits down the drain.

If you take out the shining Weapon Knowledge, the imp goes together just fine.
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

My QL 30 Head implant with a Bright Weapon Knowledge cluster already installed won't except a QL 27 Shining Computer Skill cluster. I get no message at all. It just won't combine.

I have more than enough np, and the implant and cluster are both in my main backpack. Had just successfully added Comp Lit clusters to Eye and Right Hand implants. Tried zoning, putting implant and cluster in the bank and taking them back out, and putting them on the ground and picking them back up. Nothing seems to work.

...Bought another QL 30 Head implant and was able to add the QL 27 Shining Computer Skill cluster. I'll hold onto the bugged QL 30 Head implant with a Bright Weapon Knowledge cluster in case anyone wants to take a look at it.

...I was able to add a Shining Chemistry cluster to the implant with the Bright Weapon Knowledge cluster (Chemistry was required for the last step in the creation of my new Electron-Charged Pistol).

Fingurs, RK-2
    Last edited by Volatus; Oct 1st, 2002 at 16:20:52.

Arrow Another one

Shining Small Arms Right Wrist (bright/faded empty) + Bright Akimbo Style = nothing happens

However, if I added a Faded Gunslinging first, it would then let me add the bright akimbo.

This is not a bad one, generally anyone that wants pistol & multiranged here would probably implant flingshot too. Even if they don't, it doesn't change the ability requirement (agility) and faded are real cheap
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things