Thread: Reckless Driver Caught.

Reckless Driver Caught.

A small announcement.

Yesterday evening at about 20:00, Omni-pol successfully arrested Victor"Eeod"Linear for extremely exceeding the speed limits. Speed cameras lined up in the area around R.U.R. HQ in Coast of peace picked his nano-ID from his yalm, exceeding the speed limits for at least ten times in under half an hour.
    Instead of 10 more speeding tickets Mr. Linear agreed to participate in an alternative punishment for his crime.

The first part of this punishment consisted of a chat with a former speeder who drove his yalm into a wall and who is now unable to drive nor walk ever again.

In the second part, in cooperation with Omni-Trans, Mr Linear was subjected to a 35 minute long shocking documentary about the consequences of exceeding the speed limits, this holo-vid includes shocking pictures of all kinds of roadkills, injured citizens who got hit by a yalm and the extensive damages on Yalms and the latests Phasefonts.

The third part was a short holo-vid of 40 minutes with instruction how to drive savely and how to drive at all.

We also gave Mr. Linear a month probation and to make sure he wouldnt make the same mistake again we installed a Throttle-Shutter in his yalm. Should he accidently break the speed limit again, the shutter will shut off his engine instantly.

After he succesfully completed his punishment, we gave him a tour around our famous and best Speed and security cameras, which are lined up in Borealis. Mr Linear seemed despite the punishment very willing and cooperative and promised us to do all his best to avoid speeding in the future.

Omni-Pol saves lives!
    Officer calavera.
    The Red Brotherhood

Yeah, it's great to hear the Big Brother is still alive and kicking.

"And here is the control room from where we operate the security camera's in Borealis."
    "I see. Do you have a camera pointed at the whompa's?"
    "Sure, to your right. More to the right. More. Yes. those screens over there."
    Eeod walked to the video screens and started to study them.
    "Hey! I know that guy! he works at the Newland Bronto burger!"
    Eeod waved.
    "He can't see you. This is a video screen."
    "Do you have a microphone?"
    yes over there, but you cant use it. It's strictly.. Hey! Dont touch it! I said don't touch it!"
    "Aww come on.. just a little joke.."
    "Citizen Linear! Don't you dare!"

Loudspeakers in Borealis started to crackle
    "Attention all citizens. Profit now from 50% discount on all burgers at Newland's Bronto Burger!! And if you are a nanomage, and walk in with a santa hat on your head we'll throw in a free can of RUR.cola!"

"Gimme that! That was totally out of order!"
    Eeod smiled, and look at the puzzled faces of the people in Borealis.
    Then when his eye caught a female in a black suit, his smile froze.
    "Holy Buffy! That is one of the people that robbed me!"
    "who?"
    "There, that woman!"
    "Mirura?"
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

we installed a Throttle-Shutter in his yalm. Should he accidently break the speed limit again, the shutter will shut off his engine instantly.
    thats about the most stupid thing I've ever heard of!
    shutting off the engine instantly in an FLYING yalm. Smooth real bright thinking there. There's one great big accident waiting to happen.

If you don't go faster than whats permitted Than there really is no problem. btw, once the engine stops doesnt mean he cant use the breaks anymore, or stear the yalm to the side to restart the engine, neither does it means the yalm will drop out of the sky like a brick.
    Last edited by Chaupin; Nov 8th, 2008 at 18:43:29.
    The Red Brotherhood

Oh dear. Doesn't Mr Linear have a drinking problem too?

OOC:
    But engine provides power, i would like to see a flying machine pull over from 200ft up and stop to restart the engine, without falling out of the sky. Think about it, you wouldnt turn off a planes or helicopters engines in midflight would you?
    And a yalmaha is primarily a flying vehicle ( thats what everyone does with it), if it was a ground based vehicle like a Kodaik it would be fine.

Now if it automatically took away control and lowered the yalm and reduced speed, bringing it to a stop, or sending out a beacon to inform Omni Pol, that would be more reasonable than shutting off the engine.

just my reasoning.

(( ooc if a helicopter looses it power and it starts dropping the thingies on top make it go down slower than just dropping, not sure if its with all helicopters like that. also there are known case with airplanes who restarted their engines in mid air because they lost all power.
    Also my assumption would be that after 20.000 years that they probably found out something to prevent flying yalms dropping from the sky when their haveing engine problems. just my 2 cent))
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Agrestus View Post
    Does he? he was sober when we arrested him though, Omni-pol always does a alcohol test when they arrest speeders.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Agrestus View Post
    Erm. Yes.

I do have a drinking problem. But it is not alcohol related.
    --Victor "Eeod" Linear. R.U.R. Engineer --
    Hath not a machine gears?
    Hath not a machine cogs, racks, pinions, cutters, bearings, spindles?
    Fed with the same electric, hurt with the same bits of grit getting in our works, subject to the same gremlins, healed by the same brute force, ignorance and big hammer as a human is?
    If you program us, do we not manufacture?
    If you take us apart, do we not shoot springs all over the floor?
    If you oil us, do we not purr?
    And if you ignore us.......... Do we not get ideas?

Tsk, tsk. It's always the quiet ones.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

OOC: engine doesn't provide power, only the means to go moving, the reactor gives power

IC: i agree with the others, shutting of his engine might make him startle or so causing him to make a sudden wrong move, perhaps swiping some citizens of the streets. Why not just invent some kind of limiter, so the speed can't get over whatever the maximum is no matter what? but then again, omnis...

I'm sure that RUR could be commissioned to create such a limiter. I love RUR products.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawnspawn View Post
    I'm sure that RUR could be commissioned to create such a limiter. I love RUR products.
    And RUR products love you! I hasten to add. in a wholesome, good way, not in twisted, kinky get-you-mind-out-of-the gutter way.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Community work For Mr Linear

The day before yesterday Omni-pol again arrested Victor Linear, also known as Eeod for reckless driving. Not only did he drove three times as fast as maxmimum allowed in Rome Red, he also was the cause of a very unfortunate accident in which Miss Mizlie had to park her vehicle in the fountain to avoid a Frontal collision with Eeod. Miss Mizlie was rushed to Omni-med but fortunately she was, apart from a few scratches and a mildly shock, OK.

Officers of Omni-pol discovered after a quick investigation, on the phasefont of Mr Linear, Bubblegum and some toothpaste on the new installed speed limiter. His excuse that he always brushes his teeth every morning under the hood of his Phasefont and during that must have lost his bubblegum exactly on the speed limiter was not enough.

Omni-Pol has therefore decided to give Mr. Linear 50 hours of Community work, cleaning Omni-Sewer 1.

Furthermore i would like to remind Miss Mizlie to contact Omni-pol as soon as possible to take further actions.
    The Red Brotherhood

and no community robots this time Mr.Linear! We want to see you sweat!
    The Red Brotherhood

Well, I almost drowned on my energy drink reading that report. Bubblegum and toothpaste? Screw my toolkit, next time I need to destroy Omni machinery I'm bringing a big pack of gum. Juggernauts beware!

yes, tell all your clan friends to carry out that great idea of yours as well, no need for pistols or rifles or melee weaponry, just bubblegum.
    The Red Brotherhood

At least the pacifists would love it.

No, just bring some bubble gum along with you. Then after you kill the scum you can stick it on their machinery so that when they get back from reclaim they have to rebuild...